War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

edit:
For anyone else who plays on PC, do you get the info/ video settings message after hitting play? And if you do, is there any way to stop that from appearing?

I have finally acquired the T-34-85.
lol... I saw one of those beside me today and I was like "How in the world, can you be with a bunch of T1 tanks???"

And I'm in the BT-5 like
Lmbhspn.gif

I have finally acquired the T-34-85.
And I just got an IS-2. 122mm D-25T for the win!
Now I have something to tame the Tigers easily.
shot 2015.05.10 11.26.07.jpg

I have the T-34-85 too, and it requires very careful playing. Ambush the Germans, flank them where they don't expect (because good speed and maneuverability, but weak armor). Recommended for SB. I just did good in the Berlin SB event - 1 Tiger, 1 Jagdpanther + 2 assists.
So I stack it with the Victory Banner.
shot 2015.05.10 11.26.47.jpg

Back home now so hopefully I'll go ahead and buy premium for two days and grind... I got a 300% booster for the convertible RP so yeah... should be good.

On another note, how the heck do you take screenshots? I try to take one like I always do but it just takes one of my desktop. I play in full screen fyi..

On another note, how the heck do you take screenshots? I try to take one like I always do but it just takes one of my desktop. I play in full screen fyi..

Just hit the printscreen key on your keyboard and you should be fine. 👍 I believe that is the game's actual screenshot key.

That's what I've been doing..... I might try it again though, as I think I was hitting CTRL+PRTSCRN....

No, you shouldn't use the CTRL key, just use the PRTSCRN for screenshots. It doesn't require any other keys to take the picture.

Also, the pictures you take can be found under the "Screenshot" folder on the game's own folder.

Speking about premium accounts, I rather spend real money on something unique, that you'll never get for free playing. I mean, premium vehicles.

I'm choosing a premium vehicle to spend 1300 Eagles on.

BTD-1 Destroyer (American dive bomber, rank 3)
XP-50 (American heavy fighter, rank 3)
American Bf.109F-4 (fighter, rank 3)
SMK (Soviet heavy tank with two turrets, rank 2)

Gotta decide today, until the 30% discount is still active.

For me it's ALT + PRTS SC. Try that.

Huh, that's odd... For me it's only the PRTS SC key that takes the picture. Maybe it's my keyboard or something.

yup that's where they go!!!

All of my screenshots go to dropbox, but when I would take one it was just a desktop photo so I was quite perplexed at that... This should solve it all now.

Also, you should notice when you do take a screenshot ingame, because apparently there's always a framerate drop when that happens. Well, that's what happens when I do so, anyways. :lol:

Internet back today so gonna hop back on WT later today. Hopefully I'll have a YT video to post here.

This is a good plane. It was the prototype for the A1 Skyraider.
It isn't just a dive bomber. It can carry 2 torpedoes.
I was looking for a good plane for ground RBs to bomb enemy tanks, so I don't care much for torpedoes (but two 1000 lbs bombs or one 2000 lbs seem attractive), but I've read some reviews and players say it was seriously nerfed after some update. It used to have good climbing rate earlier, now it doesn't. No armor at all, burns easily, no rear gunner - very vulnerable to enemy fighters. Most owners recommend against buying it.

...So I bought the SMK tank. And I don't regret - it's very fun! A ground battleship. :D
shot 2015.05.12 18.46.32.jpg

shot 2015.05.11 22.52.50.jpg

Two turrets, two guns (45mm and 76mm) and a crew of seven (!) - which makes it veeery hard to destroy. 76 mm main gun + 45mm secondary 20-K with quick reloading, loadable with APCR shells can do a lot of damage. Until your enemy reloads after first shot, you can make six! Once, there were two Marders standing close to each other, to the left of me. I aimed the main gun on the left enemy (controlling both guns), fired, and the 45mm hit the second enemy, hehe. Killed one with the 76mm, and finished the second one off with the second gun in about 3 seconds. :lol:

Very fun tank, I recommend it.
I wonder if it's possible to control each turret separately on PS4...

soo.... I don't know about you guys, but I noticed an insane fps drop today vs last night. Noramlly I average around 58 ping, and 30-35 fps.

Today I started up WT (I'm on pc if that isn't obvious by now) and noticed the mouse was a lot slower than normal, and I did an event battle on simulator... Immediately I could tell my fps dropped. Now it's at 17, almost half of what it normally is.

I asked a few others in the room I was last in and they to all said they dropped down a lot. Does anyone else get this?
I'm not even on that powerful of a laptop (like an Amd A10 5750 and some radeon 8560G card...)...

I just put 14 hits on a t28 with the Ferdi and still couldn't kill it....

14 ONE-FOUR
mtlnSd4.gif

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Ferdi? Just wondering.

Also, welcome to the unfair world of tank shells; you make take out a tank in one shot (like say, a well placed Shrapnell shell on a T50), or you'll get killed after nailing it with 14 straight shots...

Ferdinand... The first to last tank destroyer you unlock before the jagdtiger.

I don't have the Jagdtiger yet, but the Ferdi is most definitely my best tank.

I mean, I shot the belly of it, the barrel three times in a row, both tracks, the right flank however many times, and all corners, yet it still wouldn't go through. Only one shell penetrated and it hit the ammo, which blinked red with dots all over it, but still never blew...

edit:
another thing here.... why is it that the Jagdpanther has an MG, yet it doesn't operate??

Panzerjager Tiger (P) "Ferdinand" (aka "Elefant").
German tank destroyer, tier IV.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elefant

Ferdinand... The first to last tank destroyer you unlock before the jagdtiger.

I don't have the Jagdtiger yet, but the Ferdi is most definitely my best tank.

I mean, I shot the belly of it, the barrel three times in a row, both tracks, the right flank however many times, and all corners, yet it still wouldn't go through. Only one shell penetrated and it hit the ammo, which blinked red with dots all over it, but still never blew...

Thank you both for clarifying. 👍

Also, wow, that's some bad luck right there, Swagger. Even after hitting the ammo load it wouldn't explode... I mean, most of the time I go up in flames if anything touches my ammo boxes, but that guy was really lucky.

No... It just seems ridiculous that I couldn't even blow it up on the flanks...

It is probably that new "damage angle adjuster" system that the game recently introduced. Now it's harder to do decent penetration on an enemy tank with a shell if you're at an angle...

Him ->
^
me |
Frickin almost 90 degree shot.... effective thickness after looking at the tank was little to none..

See? You have to pay attention to that now, especially with shells that have weak penetration. Those shots have to count, and the angle has to be taken into consideration as well.

Back