War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

Got the M18 Hellcat. 6 kills in one battle (RB, 2 NPCs + 4 players).
Nice machine if you're not too careless. That speed lets you lurk in the enemy's flank in the very beginning of the battle, and surprise them when they don't expect. But you can also get your crew killed if you crash on that speed. :D

Also got an N1K2 Shiden-Kai. The plane itself is not bad, but with the 6.3 battle rating, I am annoyed by enemy jets. Encountering a P-80 results in pain. :mad:

Also got an N1K2 Shiden-Kai. The plane itself is not bad, but with the 6.3 battle rating, I am annoyed by enemy jets. Encountering a P-80 results in pain. :mad:
I got it before it regularly faced jets. :D

If it doesn't face jets it is a brilliant plane. If only the Japanese could have produced it in great quantities the US would have had a huge issue with them.

Only tier IV planes I've had luck with have been Bearcat, Spits and B24/B17.. Japanese seem to burst into flames whenever someone looks at them badly, hence why I stick to my beloved Cannonbusa.

Only tier IV planes I've had luck with have been Bearcat, Spits and B24/B17.. Japanese seem to burst into flames whenever someone looks at them badly, hence why I stick to my beloved Cannonbusa.
Of course. But the idea is to not get shot. Something Japanese planes are good at if you are a skilled pilot.

@TheKitten

How far have you progressed?

I barely play. But i played a couple realistic with @GT_Saint. I go back and forth from Arcade, Realistic. I would of got on, if i didnt wake up at 1 :lol:
I don't think @TheKitten did play Realistic battles when I check screenshot to show look like he/she play Arcade or Realistic battle.

image.png

Last edited:
Im playing Realisitc right now. With *forgot his GTP name*
It was me. ;)

Haven't been playing ABs for a while, but the ones I played with you were fun. Especially the one where I killed 13 enemies on one premium LaGG-3, including one destroyed by my rocket in the air. :lol:

It was me. ;)

Haven't been playing ABs for a while, but the ones I played with you were fun. Especially the one where I killed 13 enemies on one premium LaGG-3, including one destroyed by my rocket in the air. :lol:

Ton of fun. Includes kitten raging :D

You know, when you get the highest score in the game by a wide margin, and your team still loses, it's probably time to give up on trying to get the Po-2...

:banghead:

I already have that По-2, won it in the Haloween event. It's a historcally famous plane (used by the legendary "Night Witches" regiment), but in the game, honestly, it's useless. Carries just 4 or 6 small bombs, after dropping which, it will take you forever to get back to the base at 120 km/h (or it will end quickly, with only one 7.62 mm machine gun to protect your back). I never tried it in ground battles yet, but I think it's so slow that it can be easily hit with a 75 mm tank cannon... :sly:

Never tried it in SB, too, but I think my nerves won't survive it.

Gee it's been a long time since i logged into GTP...

On that note i've actually started getting into tanks on WT, i used used to be terrible and hate it but now that i've progressed past the reserve tanks (German) it's actually a lot of fun. I think i'm going to go try to grind to teir 5 tanks like I did for british planes.

My only complaint is that RB is dead until around teir 3, which sucks because by the time i actually get to dig my teeth into tanks RB i'm gonna be the noob on the block. :scared:

Gee it's been a long time since i logged into GTP...

On that note i've actually started getting into tanks on WT, i used used to be terrible and hate it but now that i've progressed past the reserve tanks (German) it's actually a lot of fun. I think i'm going to go try to grind to teir 5 tanks like I did for british planes.

My only complaint is that RB is dead until around teir 3, which sucks because by the time i actually get to dig my teeth into tanks RB i'm gonna be the noob on the block. :scared:
German tanks get awful once you get to 5.0.

So are the teir 3 and 4 tanks good?
I'm not sure. I primarily use tank destroyers, but I'm working on the tanks themselves...
Russians are good from tier 3 onwards. Germans are good up to tier 3. USA is sporadically good depending on what vehicles you use.
Yeah, don't spend too much time with the KV 1 or 2's, or the ISU tank destroyers. If I were you and had some time to kill and learn, watch BarnoVonGamez.. Although he is a really good player with any tank, he gives a lot of valuable info.

And if you are just starting out in the German side of things, don't be too bothered with staying back and sniping. With the low tiers you want to just run and gun to get out of those worthless tanks, and play as many rounds as you can...

Back