Waste of ******* MONEY!!!

• Thread starter Bas18029
  • 91 comments
Dude, have you even played GT6?

:lol:
Off topic, but honestly who cares with a thread like this:

What’s everyone’s worst GT game?

I actually quite liked 6.

I think 3 was my worst, which I know gets a lot of praise round here. So I apologise for any offence given. It’s hard to quantify why exactly, it just kinda lacked the charm of the first two, and the polish of 4. It left me feeling a bit ‘meh’ (for lack of a better word!)

Last edited:

I think 3 was my worst, which I know gets a lot of praise round here. So I apologise for any offence given. It’s hard to quantify why exactly, it just kinda lacked the charm of the first two, and the polish of 4. It left me feeling a bit ‘meh’ (for lack of a better word!)
GT6 and GT7 are very close to each other in the worst game question.

GT2, GT3 and GT4 are very close to each other in the best game question.

I have weird humor seeing unhinged angry people yelling at cloud about their beef with GT7. I've spent 500 hrs on the game, 200 hrs driving, 20K miles of racing since 1st day release. I get to drive the replica of my real car whenever I want (even during my short lunch break) in GT7 for almost free. Yea, the game is not perfect and has problems, but what do I have to complain when I had paid about $800 or more in total (gas, tires, brakes, oil, repairs...) every year just to drive at Laguna Seca in real life.

This is by far the worst gran Turismo ever. I have played all of them. This has nothing with motorsport to do!
Just out of interest it says you joined in 2010 and yet this is one of only two posts you've made. #UltimateLurker

That for me is difficult, as I love them all. I do think it's unfair to compare them across consoles, but I'll go for it.

My favorite is easy as pie. Gran Turismo 7 is my favorite so far. V.R. + Sophy = 'nuff said.

Gran Turismo: Started the entire genre for all intents and purposes. It began my love affair with Grand Valley and license tests. I remember watching a Viper GTS and singing "As far from God . . . " based on the game. What a memory. It also introduced race mods. My favorite is still the Del Sol which was converted to a mid-engine turbocharged act. Ordered this in black w/ white stripes. Small aside, one of my characters in the world I write about drives this very car. It's nickname is the "De-La-Squirrell" driven by The Black Squirrell. It didn't hurt that Cubanate was on the soundtrack. I've been a fan since way before Gran Turismo was released; anyone who recognizes the KMFDM bumper sticker I have on every livery I create will understand my (musical) background. The family fortune was largely built by MitsuBishimon - my modified Mitsubishi GTO. Still love that car.

Gran Turismo 2: More of what Gran Turismo offered. "My Favorite Game" by The Cardigans (from their album titled Gran Turismo) captured my view perfectly. There was the Vector W8 which I still miss, and the second iteration of the Del Sol Race Mod. This time the family fortune is built by Silver & Gold (named after a song by TRF) and I had more love for the Skyline GTR than I expected. I felt it improved on Gran Turismo in every way, and it brought in Tahiti Maze if I recall correctly. So far, Gran Turismo is in last place.

Gran Turismo 3 (A-spec): Better graphics, better console, you get the idea. Also my first with a wheel! Sunfire (RX-7 in Sunburst Yellow) was the founding car for me. Every time I hear Stone Temple Pilots I'm transported back to the Seattle track and I'm likely driving the Chevelle 454. The first game on a console meant a quantum leap in graphics and sound. Also I tried to do a 24 hour race with friends. It petered out, but the idea was cool! I drove like 12 hours.

Gran Turismo 4 - The Drive of Your Life: The best on PS2 by far. Rally. B-Spec. The Ford GT was the 'Cover Girl' for that one. B-Spec meant I could do a 24 hour race by myself. There were more cars to drive, more tracks than the previous entry, pictures I would spend hours taking (and exporting - somewhere on these forums is a black and white of Blu - my GTR that built the family fortune and I entered in a photo contest) and . . . just hours of enjoyment. It also has my favorite version of Moon Over the Castle: Synthetic Moon Over the Castle.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue: Sucka Free Sundays! Finally got to drive with folks on this (and other) forums. While it wasn't a full game, it brought me into the world of online racing and lead me here (and to the TPRA and the Tunas, among other things) and deserves a happy spot just for that. While I was fast among the people I could race against in person, this showed that I was by no means an Alien; Prologue is actually when I learned this term.

Gran Turismo 5: Track Creator. It's the one thing I think any Gran Turismo game has over the current entry. Also on the PlayStation 3 we have better graphics, but the ability to race online was still a new thing for me. After spending hours in the arcade playing Real Drivin', Race Drivin', Sega GT . . . shoot, even "Driver" on the Commodore Pet against other people, I could finally do that at home vs. someone in a different part of the world. Fabulous. I took the time to learn the Lamborghini Miura to the point that (sadly) I think I'm onee of the biggest reasons that car got banned from 500, 450, 400 and 350 pp lobbies (I was faster in that than any other car I drove.) Only the LFA was more vilified back then. The thing that still resonates in my mind to this day, however, are two tracks I created: Tuscan Crown (couldn't share because it was made before the update) and Thundercloud - my favorite track in the history of ever. Please bring this back.

But there was also the exploit of sending yourself a car, reloading the save and getting free cars to sell. Save manipulation is why we have the online only situation we currently have. Like it or lump it, this is the reason.

Gran Turismo 6: Expanded on what we had in Gran Turismo 5 and there was the share paint/cars feature/fiasco. This is the edition I feel I got lucky with. There was a thread on GT Planet where people suggested cars for the next game. I offered two: The C2 '63 Corvette Split Window Sting Ray and the Ferrari 288 GTO. Got both of them in the 15th anniversary game. Great game and it brought me "The Girlfriend" aka my '84 GTO.

Gran Turismo Sport: Focused on online racing on PS4. Loved that game. It was streamlined for the online racing - that was the stated focus after all - and the single player aspect was tacked on later. But it did have the Livery editor, and I'm so glad I carried over as many as I did to Gran Turismo 7. It also brought me to my Monday ritual: watching @Tidgney and the weekly race guides. So much goodness.

TL;DR
I don't think it's a fair critique, but based on the steps above my least favorite entry (other than nostalgia reasons) is:

Gran Turismo.

Of the ones I thoroughly played? GT3 is my least favorite.
I would say 5 or 6, but I honestly didn’t play either enough to give them a fair judgement. I recall really not liking GT5 though. I just wasn’t into gaming during that period in my life because I had way too much going on.
GT2 will probably always be my favorite, though nostalgia is a significant factor in that for me, it truly was an amazing game in its time.

Having to have a internet connection for single player is silly. Then an update to the game made it so you couldn't even use garage cars in offline mode. Hopefully GT8 will be less internet dependent.

lol keep dreaming. it will be worse in this regard. I absolutely guarantee it.

Gets a 2.3 out of 10 on metacritic. You were warned.
I suppose this was a joke post. Any troll or bot can go to metacritic and post any dishonest score they wish, no verification whatsoever. There are so many ways of manipulating the overall scores for any game, it's complete BS.

Last edited:
I suppose this was a joke post. Any troll or bot can go to metacritic and post any dishonest score they wish. There are so many ways of manipulating the overall scores for any game, it's complete BS.
Yep.

There's a number of chronically butt-hurt GTP members who posted Zero scores there. IMHO it renders review sites worthless when people do that, but since the score should make prospective game buyers err on the side of caution, there're really no excuse over a year later to not know what you're buying.

Last edited:
I suppose this was a joke post. Any troll or bot can go to metacritic and post any dishonest score they wish, no verification whatsoever. There are so many ways of manipulating the overall scores for any game, it's complete BS.
Wikipedia is open to basically anyone entering whatever data or information they want too, but it’s not complete BS. While not always the most accurate or entirely true, it serves as a pretty good and reliable source of information on things without being “complete BS”.

Same can be said for any review site where anyone can post their rating of anything. You can’t completely discredit them, they do usually serve as a pretty good indicator from a general perspective, though you may personally disagree with some ratings based on your own experiences and biases.

Wikipedia is open to basically anyone entering whatever data or information they want too, but it’s not complete BS. While not always the most accurate or entirely true, it serves as a pretty good and reliable source of information on things without being “complete BS”.

Same can be said for any review site where anyone can post their rating of anything. You can’t completely discredit them, they do usually serve as a pretty good indicator from a general perspective, though you may personally disagree with some ratings based on your own experiences and biases.
Wikipedia and it's articles are controlled and monitored by their own staff, very serious people, and any change some random person makes can be removed if incorrect or inaccurate.
Metacritic don't delete anything at all, it is not serious at all, except the part of the compilation of "professional reviews scores".

Last edited:
Metacritic don't delete anything at all, it is not serious at all, except the part of the compilation of "professional reviews scores".
Either way if a game receives rotten tomatoes it is not only due to some trolls on the internet... it is not out of the blue that PD did a few gestures in favor of players some time after launch, without that we won't even have the 3 "grind" races (Tokyo Le Mans and Sardegna).

And giving the title to review to the medias before launch without unveiling the MTX strategy was quite shady too. Which participated in the tomato launching party.

Either way if a game receives rotten tomatoes it is not only due to some trolls on the internet... it is not out of the blue that PD did a few gestures in favor of players some time after launch, without that we won't even have the 3 "grind" races (Tokyo Le Mans and Sardegna).

And giving the title to review to the medias before launch without unveiling the MTX strategy was quite shady too. Which participated in the tomato launching party.
I agree with that, protests because of the extremely money prizes were fully justified, but still that doesn't translate to a 2/10 game in terms of overall score.

I agree with that, protests because of the extremely money prizes were fully justified, but still that doesn't translate to a 2/10 game in terms of overall score.
what way do you suggest to send a message to a dev like PD ? they received that message in any case

Wikipedia and it's articles are controlled and monitored by their own staff, very serious people, and any change some random person makes can be removed if incorrect or inaccurate.
Wikipedia doesn’t automatically and immediately remove every/all inaccuracies. Yes, inaccuracies can (and usually are) corrected there. However we’ve all seen plenty of inaccuracies and outright false information exist on Wikipedia for days before being removed or corrected and on a lesser occasions I’ve seen some left for months before being corrected. More popular topics or people that get more hits tend to be quicker to be corrected.

The point though is that you cannot immediately discredit metacritic or any public rating site as “complete BS” just because it has the potential to be manipulated or skewed by bots or trolls. Just because you may disagree with it and feel it’s complete BS doesn’t mean it actually is.

The point though is that you cannot immediately discredit metacritic or any public rating site as “complete BS” just because it has the potential to be manipulated or skewed by bots or trolls. Just because you may disagree with it and feel it’s complete BS doesn’t mean it actually is.
Well that is your opinion, I still disagree. If you believe a site with complete manipulated scores is serious, then, ok, keep believing...

what way do you suggest to send a message to a dev like PD ? they received that message in any case
It may be a good way to send a message but the normal and logical score has been "nullified", that's what I'm saying.

Last edited:
It may be a good way to send a message but the normal and logical score has been "nullified", that's what I'm saying.
Not metacritics fault, they barely are a tool. When players are happy with a game, trolls can't drag the score very low.

Not metacritics fault, they barely are a tool. When players are happy with a game, trolls can't drag the score very low.
I like to use the PSN stores own rating system over anything.
It requires a player has purchased the game (on the store) to be able to vote - a single time. No multiple votes with fake accounts unless each of them purchases the game on the specific account again and again. No voting with a disc game neither.

Back