Wasted cars

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 64 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
I went through my Garage today and listed by Distance Driven (again!).

I have 210 cars. Of those I have never, ever driven 86 of them.

42 have less than 50Km on them.

11 have 500Km or more on them.

I've resolved to try and take as many on Time Trials as I can because could be missing out on a hidden gem or two.

Have you checked your garage recently???

I looked through my garage and had a very similar percentage, nearly half of my cars had gone un-driven (out of a list of a few hundred). I'm not sure how many were non-duplicates, though.

Unless it's a dupe (which I'm too lazy to even delete at this point), I've driven every car that I own. Gotta find ways to enjoy the cars you get from winning the daily workout wheel (if it's not a dupe), buying a new car, etc.

One good example is the Gr.X Renault RS 01 where after a one make race with that car, I started driving it even more and not collecting digital dust in my garage.

This is one of the reasons I don't judge a game by the number of cars in it's arsenal. You see a lot of players giving out because such and such a game has too few cars, or the previous version had more etc. It happened with GT Sport where the number of tracks and cars was less than previous versions. However it is the game play that matters. I'd rather have only 10 or 20 cars in total in a game and for the development time & money to move from modeling cars and paying license fees and go into realistic driving dynamics and reducing the number of bugs and just as important developing an engaging format. I currently have around 500 cars and that's after I recently spent an age getting rid of duplicates from the garage. I've driven over 60,000,000 KM. I'm not looking at my account right now but I'd reckon only about 10 to 15 of my cars have over 1,000 KM on the clock. At a rough estimate I'd say that 90 to 95% of the total drive is being done by only 2% of the stock.

@seadog777 now that you ask though, I'm gonna pick a random car that catches my eye over the weekend, something that I'd never usually even think of, and give it a whirl just to see if "the randomiser" works.

Nice thread, I'm definitely going to check my garage when I'm back home!
A potential solution would be PD having daily "multi-make" races for the N-classes, instead of the one-make races. So more like the solo mode (hatchbacks, nostalgic, etc). Way more N-cars would be tested in anger and we can all enjoy unearthing those hidden gems :D

I had every car in GT3, 4 and 5. Getting all of them in Sport is something I assume I'll do eventually, so in order to at least drive all of them at some point I've been using the Single Races in Arcade Mode to complete my daily marathons. I go to whatever is at the bottom in the 'last used' order, and do a race in that. When new GT League events get added, I try and vary the cars I use for them.

GT League tends to put me into cars I wouldn’t normally touch, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised a few times.

That being said, there’s still quite a lot of redundancy in GT Sport’s car list considering how few cars there are. For example, multiple instances of a Gr.3 and Gr.X version of the same exact car. Why or how would I ever find myself driving the Gr.X version?

Old GT habits die hard, I guess.

'collecting digital dust in my garage'. i like that phrase ....i have a few cars over 2000kms
i tend to just keep a few cars in each category that i like to drive

I won't be at all surprised if I have a lot of non-dupes that have never been driven...but I've never looked. Sport Mode Daily Races pretty much dictate what I drive. I have some cars I use far more often than others (Porsche 919 Gr.1, Raybrig SuperGT NSX 2016 Gr.2, Porsche 911 RSR Gr.3, Lamborghini Huracán Gr.4), a few that I use when I see them dominate the leaderboard, and some N series cars I'll run in One Make Races (still waiting for the '92 NSX-R to get tapped). I still need to go through the GT League races (I'm otherwise 100% complete with the offline content), but I have been trying to avoid purchasing cars that I'll need for some of the events hoping that I'll eventually earn them from the daily driving marathon.

Last edited:
I guess a lot depends on whether you just like driving different cars or prefer the cars have a purpose as to actually fitting into a racing class with other cars in the game. I think in a game the number of tracks is more important than the number of cars. I would rather after a reasonable initial offering that even if it was DLC that you had to buy if the cost was reasonable was that car racing class packages would be offered.

You could that way duplicate any era racing series or classes that actually would race together rather than this lets stick this car on track with this car to race even though they were made 30 years apart. Offer a 70 era le mans and a 70's era trans am racing lineup, offer a late 80's touring car class, you get the drift, any era or any classes could be reproduced so the cars you like you have somewhere to race them in a realistic class or series setting.

Other games are doing that and I personally like it. Gts has the graphics, the almost tv quality replays and the livery editor that blows all other games away but in many other areas they do lack a lot.

I am not a fan boy of any particular game and I am not putting any game down as there are things across the board that one does some things better than others, I just want to be greedy and roll all the best out of each one into one game title for the ultimate racing game!

I don't like to look at my garage since it's a mess of duplicates thanks to the daily car bonus.

Since I only do sport mode, most cars have never been used. I did drive some of the more iconic cars a couple times in VR, yet driving alone is pretty boring even in VR. I have driven all GR.1 GR.2 GR.3 and GR.4 cars, the rest, no clue.

60 million km? :odd:

At 300km/hr that would take.... just shy of 23 years. Heroic :bowdown:

Anyway, back on topic. Checked my garage, 235 cars (no dupes) with 125 showing zero mileage. However, some of those have been driven in career mode or online races with car provided, but I reckon I have at least 50 untamed beasts to ride.
Highest mileage: Huracan Gr.4 @1,564.4
Lowest mileage: SLS AMG Gr.4 @4.8 (!)

However, I realise that I have binned loads of duplicates which would have had mileage on, because I won a new one in a preferable colour or simply ditched the duplicate with the miles on as I never check. Wish I'd been more careful.

Favourite car I own with low mileage has to be the Ferrari 330 P4 '67. Need to get this back on track. Historic race car lobby, anyone?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
6BK
This is one of the reasons I don't judge a game by the number of cars in it's arsenal. You see a lot of players giving out because such and such a game has too few cars, or the previous version had more etc. It happened with GT Sport where the number of tracks and cars was less than previous versions. However it is the game play that matters. I'd rather have only 10 or 20 cars in total in a game and for the development time & money to move from modeling cars and paying license fees and go into realistic driving dynamics and reducing the number of bugs and just as important developing an engaging format. I currently have around 500 cars and that's after I recently spent an age getting rid of duplicates from the garage. I've driven over 60,000,000 KM. I'm not looking at my account right now but I'd reckon only about 10 to 15 of my cars have over 1,000 KM on the clock. At a rough estimate I'd say that 90 to 95% of the total drive is being done by only 2% of the stock.

@seadog777 now that you ask though, I'm gonna pick a random car that catches my eye over the weekend, something that I'd never usually even think of, and give it a whirl just to see if "the randomiser" works.
You sure about that 60 million kms driven?
At 10,000 kms a day x 500 days would be 5,000,000.

According to jasonguernsey.net the player with the most distance is at 1,444,586 KM

So that’s undoubtedly a typo.
Ya that sounds more reasonabe.

As for the thread, i've driven 150 of the 468 cars i have.
I'm not sure of the total amount of cars in the game but subtract that from 468 and that will tell you how many dupes i have.
I just basically collect colors of cars now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've logged at least 100km on pretty much all my cars except the Kart, VW 1200 Beetle and Fiat 500.

Although most of my mileage has really gone towards the Gr.4/3/2/1 cars due to Sport Mode, the 991 GT3 RS because of the Porsche Cup Endurance event, the 2017 Mercedes F1 car because when it released, I struggled a ton (and got irrationally angry at the car) at the Mercedes F1 GP event, and finally the Lamborghini Aventador (mostly because it's one of my favorite cars).

Cool & interesting thread topic.
I have 18x-19x cars.. gonna have to come back and edit but I think I'm somewhere around 5k mi. at most in any particular vehicle. I consistently delete duplicates.

I've been finding myself doing alot of campaign races lately because I've burned out on the 1 track per week in sport mode.

I do try and drive as many as I can. I also like seeing how well they've nabbed the "feel" sounds, and dynamics of each car, as I've driven a ton of different cars. Can't compare GT's physics to anything crazy like Lambos, though sadly. Maybe one day....

Well that was fun! Took 12 out on Red Bull Ring and gave them a lap or two each! Used cockpit view where I could (Mitsubishi VGT doesn't have one!), didn't do any upgrades or change settings, just drove "out of the box"!

No real surprises.

The Alpine A110 1600S 1972 (N100) was a nice little car, nippy too!
the BMW i3 went a bit faster than I thought but no engine noise was weird.
Forgot I had the Lexus Petronas Tom's 2008 (Gr.2), took that around a few times, so nice to drive (but visibility pretty restricted).
The Samba Bus took over 3 minutes to get around.....

I'll probably do the rest over the course of next week as I doubt I'll be doing any Sport Mode after seeing what the races are!

@Illum_Concept: I'd be really interested in a Historic Cars lobby!

Last edited:
I keep no dupes unless they are very expensive cars like the 3 Ferrari 330's I won and a few others that are over the 5 or 6 million credit mark.
There is just absolutely no reason for me to clutter my garage with hundreds of dupes that will never get used.

With 103,182 total miles in the game
I've made it a point to put over 300 miles on every car I own so I can really get a good feeling on the cars performance. As it stands now I have 10 cars in my garage with 0 miles and those 10 are all dupes.

I tend not to have any wasted cars as I have been on a quest since getting the game to buy every car starting with the cheapest, and more recently trying to buy and try all new cars added in updates.

I drive every unique car I get, custom race is good if there is no fitting GT race. If I win a car I previously bought I sell it for credits and then drive the free one again to add miles so I know it's not a dupe (which I delete when I can).

I carried on doing this because there is always something interesting about the handling or nature of the car, so for me the only wasted cars are e.g. having 2x Mercedes and 2x Lexus and Supra/FT-1 having Gr.3 versions that are so similar.

Back