Wasted cars

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 64 comments
I can see a use for dupes if you're into livery creation, and they can also be useful for Scapes scenes - but otherwise, you're right, it's just clutter.

You got a point and I didn't think about using the dupes for photos. I thought there was a way to use the same car multiple times in Scapes. I don't play around in Scapes all that much but I'm almost positive someone posted on how to do that. Its been awhile since that was mentioned though.

I'll keep a few dupes for "artistic" purposes- paint or wheels, or just plain auto-narcissism. Who wouldn't want an Aventador in a different color for every day of the week, right? Can't decide on orange or purple for your 911 GT3 RS? Keep one of each! I've got some good GR3 Mustang liveries, too, so I keep those when I get dupes.
It would be nice to be able to get limited CR for gift cars- maybe 10k? I can't see them letting us sell them for "market" value. I have a ridiculous number of GR.B dupicates...

You got a point and I didn't think about using the dupes for photos. I thought there was a way to use the same car multiple times in Scapes. I don't play around in Scapes all that much but I'm almost positive someone posted on how to do that. Its been awhile since that was mentioned though.

You can use the same car three times.... but it can get a bit boring unless you edit livery, and for some cars you want to keep at least one original copy (well, I do!). So if you have two or three, no worries!

If you're interested, you make a Scapes picture with the car and save it. Then go to Library, select the picture you just saved, click triangle and "open in Scapes". It will open in Scapes and now you will be allowed to use the same car again..... repeat for 3x!

I keep no dupes unless they are very expensive cars like the 3 Ferrari 330's I won and a few others that are over the 5 or 6 million credit mark.
There is just absolutely no reason for me to clutter my garage with hundreds of dupes that will never get used.

With 103,182 total miles in the game
I've made it a point to put over 300 miles on every car I own so I can really get a good feeling on the cars performance. As it stands now I have 10 cars in my garage with 0 miles and those 10 are all dupes.

Mr. Rlnsky, you have won several unicorns including 3 P330's?? Even though I have all of the unicorns I have yet to win one in the DWG. In the last week I had 1 show up on the wheel every day but still never landed one. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Mr. Rlnsky, you have won several unicorns including 3 P330's?? Even though I have all of the unicorns I have yet to win one in the DWG. In the last week I had 1 show up on the wheel every day but still never landed one. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yes I won 3 of them all within a month's time. It was right after the update that brought the Ferrari 330 & Jaguar XJ13. The Jaguar never came up on the wheel for me but everytime the Ferrari did it would give it to me. It's the only unicorn car I've won and the rest I bought.
I wish we could at least trade them with other people since we can't sell them. I would like to have the Jaguar.

Yes I won 3 of them all within a month's time. It was right after the update that brought the Ferrari 330 & Jaguar XJ13. The Jaguar never came up on the wheel for me but everytime the Ferrari did it would give it to me. It's the only unicorn car I've won and the rest I bought.
I wish we could at least trade them with other people since we can't sell them. I would like to have the Jaguar.

So YOUR the reason why my odds are completely off! Dramatically uncouth sir, dramatically uncouth.
I bid farewell to you. ;)

Seriously though, I'm a bit jealous. (If you can't tell)

What about the 1969 Ford GT Mk.IV? Would this imply that you have that one, too?

So YOUR the reason why my odds are completely off! Dramatically uncouth sir, dramatically uncouth.
I bid farewell to you. ;)

Seriously though, I'm a bit jealous. (If you can't tell)

I'm definitely not the only one who has won this car. Many people did in that short time period.
If I could give my two extras away I would because they serve me no purpose.

What about the 1969 Ford GT Mk.IV? Would this imply that you have that one, too?

I do not have that car or the Jaguar. I haven't been really concerned on getting them very quickly but I eventually will.

I find I'm keeping well occupied with the 10 March cars right now, but when I get through with them, I'll go back to what I was doing before.

Kudosprime has a very handy "Pick a random car" option. It's random so it's hit and miss what you get, but it's a great way to drive cars you wouldn't normally consider and mixes things up a little. Especially if you get the Fiat 500 straight after a Tomahawk :lol:

Screenshot_20190414-211203_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm definitely not the only one who has won this car. Many people did in that short time period.
If I could give my two extras away I would because they serve me no purpose.

I do not have that car or the Jaguar. I haven't been really concerned on getting them very quickly but I eventually will.
Yup, you should do. I could recall they're like a trio lol. :lol:

I think the original two unicorns (P330 & XJ13) were the only two that were ever possible to win in the roulette - and that was only in the first month or so after the update. If you didn't win them at the time you will have to save up and buy.

I think the original two unicorns (P330 & XJ13) were the only two that were ever possible to win in the roulette - and that was only in the first month or so after the update. If you didn't win them at the time you will have to save up and buy.

That seems to be the case. Although I have seen and I know one person who has won the Lamborghini Miura in the mission challenges recently.
I've seen other post of people winning the Ferrari 330 recently as a birthday gift.
So its still possible to get one in those areas.

Second row.

PS_Messages_20190105_110359.jpg

I knew it will be ridiculous but I had to check : I currently own 630 cars but only 34 have miles. I paint them but almost never drive them! :embarrassed: I never delete the dupes because they are useful when I need t shot multiple cars for the livery editor competition.

Last edited:
At 300km/hr that would take.... just shy of 23 years. Heroic :bowdown:

Anyway, back on topic. Checked my garage, 235 cars (no dupes) with 125 showing zero mileage. However, some of those have been driven in career mode or online races with car provided, but I reckon I have at least 50 untamed beasts to ride.
Highest mileage: Huracan Gr.4 @1,564.4
Lowest mileage: SLS AMG Gr.4 @4.8 (!)

However, I realise that I have binned loads of duplicates which would have had mileage on, because I won a new one in a preferable colour or simply ditched the duplicate with the miles on as I never check. Wish I'd been more careful.

Favourite car I own with low mileage has to be the Ferrari 330 P4 '67. Need to get this back on track. Historic race car lobby, anyone?!?
My Kudos prime states that i have driven 44,255,488 KM with the driving time of over 12 days Haha! Can't be right, surely.

I knew it will be ridiculous but I had to check : I currently own 630 cars but only 34 have miles. I paint them but almost never drive them! :embarrassed: I never delete the dupes because they are useful when I need t shot multiple cars for the livery editor competition.
So more or less, your cars are some sort of garage queens? :lol:

My Kudos prime states that i have driven 44,255,488 KM with the driving time of over 12 days Haha! Can't be right, surely.
It's 44thousand, not 44million (second comma is actually a decimal place). Good news though is that it shows your distance driven to the nearest metre!!!

By the way, the circumference of the Earth is about 40thousand km, so congrats on your "round the world in 12 days" journey :cheers:

For me there is no such thing as a wasted car in Gran Turismo! I have cars that I have bought specifically for scapes :lol:. When it comes to duplicates - if i like the colour I keep it. When it comes to race cars, if its a GT Creation with multiple colours, again I'll keep one that's in a colour I like and have at least one other with a custom livery. Once that has been exhausted I'll get rid of the rest!

6BK
This is one of the reasons I don't judge a game by the number of cars in it's arsenal. You see a lot of players giving out because such and such a game has too few cars, or the previous version had more etc. It happened with GT Sport where the number of tracks and cars was less than previous versions. However it is the game play that matters. I'd rather have only 10 or 20 cars in total in a game and for the development time & money to move from modeling cars and paying license fees and go into realistic driving dynamics and reducing the number of bugs and just as important developing an engaging format. I currently have around 500 cars and that's after I recently spent an age getting rid of duplicates from the garage. I've driven over 60,000,000 KM. I'm not looking at my account right now but I'd reckon only about 10 to 15 of my cars have over 1,000 KM on the clock. At a rough estimate I'd say that 90 to 95% of the total drive is being done by only 2% of the stock.

@seadog777 now that you ask though, I'm gonna pick a random car that catches my eye over the weekend, something that I'd never usually even think of, and give it a whirl just to see if "the randomiser" works.
What makes it didn't happen in GT3? It seems that every first GT on new gen console had they made 180-200 cars (amount of Premium cars for GT5).

It's 44thousand, not 44million (second comma is actually a decimal place). Good news though is that it shows your distance driven to the nearest metre!

By the way, the circumference of the Earth is about 40thousand km, so congrats on your "round the world in 12 days" journey :cheers:

That's odd, I was always under the impression that it was about 25,000 miles in circumference. :dunce::dunce::lol::lol:

So I just counted, I haven't driven 1 KM in 74 of 183 cars in my garage. 51 under 100km, 10 over 1000km.

Also my garage has 0 duplicates since I just deleted them all. So that's 183 different cars. And I bought 24 cars, the rest are workout prizes and my 2 sponsored cars lol.

Back