Wasted cars

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by seadog777, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

You got a point and I didn't think about using the dupes for photos. I thought there was a way to use the same car multiple times in Scapes. I don't play around in Scapes all that much but I'm almost positive someone posted on how to do that. Its been awhile since that was mentioned though.

seadog777 likes this.
  2. WheelmanSteve

WheelmanSteve

I'll keep a few dupes for "artistic" purposes- paint or wheels, or just plain auto-narcissism. Who wouldn't want an Aventador in a different color for every day of the week, right? Can't decide on orange or purple for your 911 GT3 RS? Keep one of each! I've got some good GR3 Mustang liveries, too, so I keep those when I get dupes.
    It would be nice to be able to get limited CR for gift cars- maybe 10k? I can't see them letting us sell them for "market" value. I have a ridiculous number of GR.B dupicates...

sirjim73 and seadog777 like this.
  3. seadog777

seadog777

You can use the same car three times.... but it can get a bit boring unless you edit livery, and for some cars you want to keep at least one original copy (well, I do!). So if you have two or three, no worries!

If you're interested, you make a Scapes picture with the car and save it. Then go to Library, select the picture you just saved, click triangle and "open in Scapes". It will open in Scapes and now you will be allowed to use the same car again..... repeat for 3x!

sirjim73 likes this.
  4. fastone371

fastone371

Mr. Rlnsky, you have won several unicorns including 3 P330's?? Even though I have all of the unicorns I have yet to win one in the DWG. In the last week I had 1 show up on the wheel every day but still never landed one. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Rinsky and seadog777 like this.
  5. seadog777

seadog777

I feel your pain....:lol:

fastone371 and Rinsky like this.
  6. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

Yes I won 3 of them all within a month's time. It was right after the update that brought the Ferrari 330 & Jaguar XJ13. The Jaguar never came up on the wheel for me but everytime the Ferrari did it would give it to me. It's the only unicorn car I've won and the rest I bought.
    I wish we could at least trade them with other people since we can't sell them. I would like to have the Jaguar.

7. Hoopzah

Hoopzah

So YOUR the reason why my odds are completely off! Dramatically uncouth sir, dramatically uncouth.
    I bid farewell to you. ;)

Seriously though, I'm a bit jealous. (If you can't tell)

8. GTV0819

GTV0819

What about the 1969 Ford GT Mk.IV? Would this imply that you have that one, too?

seadog777 likes this.
  9. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

I'm definitely not the only one who has won this car. Many people did in that short time period.
    If I could give my two extras away I would because they serve me no purpose.

I do not have that car or the Jaguar. I haven't been really concerned on getting them very quickly but I eventually will.

seadog777 likes this.
  10. sirjim73

sirjim73

I find I'm keeping well occupied with the 10 March cars right now, but when I get through with them, I'll go back to what I was doing before.

Kudosprime has a very handy "Pick a random car" option. It's random so it's hit and miss what you get, but it's a great way to drive cars you wouldn't normally consider and mixes things up a little. Especially if you get the Fiat 500 straight after a Tomahawk :lol:

Screenshot_20190414-211203_Samsung Internet.jpg

fastone371, Rinsky and seadog777 like this.
  11. GTV0819

GTV0819

Yup, you should do. I could recall they're like a trio lol. :lol:

12. Darwock

Darwock

I think the original two unicorns (P330 & XJ13) were the only two that were ever possible to win in the roulette - and that was only in the first month or so after the update. If you didn't win them at the time you will have to save up and buy.

13. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

That seems to be the case. Although I have seen and I know one person who has won the Lamborghini Miura in the mission challenges recently.
    I've seen other post of people winning the Ferrari 330 recently as a birthday gift.
    So its still possible to get one in those areas.

Second row.

PS_Messages_20190105_110359.jpg

fastone371, sirjim73 and seadog777 like this.
  14. Cytoria

Cytoria Premium

I knew it will be ridiculous but I had to check : I currently own 630 cars but only 34 have miles. I paint them but almost never drive them! :O I never delete the dupes because they are useful when I need t shot multiple cars for the livery editor competition.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Akwaaba, fastone371 and seadog777 like this.
  15. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

I've put at least 30 miles on every N-class car except the Miura and the 12.5 million Ferrari. Haven't driven Gr.1,2,3,4 much at all but I like Gr.X

seadog777 likes this.
  16. dangerman1985

dangerman1985

My Kudos prime states that i have driven 44,255,488 KM with the driving time of over 12 days Haha! Can't be right, surely.

seadog777 likes this.
  17. GTV0819

GTV0819

So more or less, your cars are some sort of garage queens? :lol:

seadog777 likes this.
  18. I-Runner

I-Runner

My mission in GTSport is drive every car of the game except ...

IR

seadog777 likes this.
  19. Cytoria

Cytoria Premium

I’d say « art exhibition » or « empty canvas » depending on whether they are painted or not :p

seadog777 likes this.
  20. p78

p78

I like drifting, so every FR and MR car has been driven once at least bar dupes.

seadog777 likes this.
  21. Illum_Concept

Illum_Concept

It's 44thousand, not 44million (second comma is actually a decimal place). Good news though is that it shows your distance driven to the nearest metre!!!

By the way, the circumference of the Earth is about 40thousand km, so congrats on your "round the world in 12 days" journey :cheers:

22. dangerman1985

dangerman1985

Cheers bud. I did wonder

seadog777 and Illum_Concept like this.
  23. Islaygaz

Islaygaz

For me there is no such thing as a wasted car in Gran Turismo! I have cars that I have bought specifically for scapes :lol:. When it comes to duplicates - if i like the colour I keep it. When it comes to race cars, if its a GT Creation with multiple colours, again I'll keep one that's in a colour I like and have at least one other with a custom livery. Once that has been exhausted I'll get rid of the rest!

seadog777 likes this.
  24. o000o

o000o

What makes it didn't happen in GT3? It seems that every first GT on new gen console had they made 180-200 cars (amount of Premium cars for GT5).

seadog777 and MidFieldMaven like this.
  25. fastone371

fastone371

That's odd, I was always under the impression that it was about 25,000 miles in circumference. :dunce::dunce::lol::lol:

seadog777 likes this.
  26. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

So I just counted, I haven't driven 1 KM in 74 of 183 cars in my garage. 51 under 100km, 10 over 1000km.

Also my garage has 0 duplicates since I just deleted them all. So that's 183 different cars. And I bought 24 cars, the rest are workout prizes and my 2 sponsored cars lol.

Illum_Concept and seadog777 like this.
  27. seadog777

seadog777

Getting KM on them all is tougher than I thought.... some of them i just don't want to drive!! :lol:

@HERE4BEER3, sponsored cars are those you get if you sign on for the FIA races, right?

HERE4BEER3 likes this.
  28. tariklehaine

tariklehaine

Yes, if you sign a contract with a manufacturer for FIA Manufacturer Series or Nations Cup you get 2 cars sponsored (GT3 and GT4).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    seadog777 and HERE4BEER3 like this.
  29. seadog777

seadog777

Thanks!

30. Illum_Concept

Illum_Concept

Yep, 25000 miles = 40000 km!!!

seadog777 and fastone371 like this.