We need ability to randomly select a car from garage

  • Thread starter Thread starter ACAGT
  • 57 comments
  • 4,054 views
Messages
38
Serbia
Leskovac/Serbia/
Messages
A-C-A_GT
For me random is very important feature, because some times I just want to drive some random car from my GT garage. :)
 
Decision Making Disorder...?
 
For me random is very important feature, because some times I just want to drive some random car from my GT garage. :)
You are sat behind a computer screen presumably? If so, you have a random decision maker right there. Just get the entire list of cars once it has launched, and setup a spreadsheet to do it for you. Or, just print the list out, cut out all of the names, put them into a hat, and pick one out.

For me, a pointless addition to the game, but like most thing, just because it's there doesn't mean I have to use it.
 
Idea for you. Join the WRS then they make the decision for you about what car will ingulf your week. :sly:
 
Close your eyes and wiggle your analog stick then press X.
 
Pointless feature There is no "random" in pc programming. It will choose the car based on some variables like time, progress etc.
 
... Just get the entire list of cars once it has launched, and setup a spreadsheet to do it for you. Or, just print the list out, cut out all of the names, put them into a hat, and pick one out.

Idea for you. Join the WRS then they make the decision for you about what car will ingulf your week. :sly:

Close your eyes and wiggle your analog stick then press X.

These...

Do we really need PD adding yet another superfluous feature, further delaying The Release? [/rhetorical]
 
Pointless feature There is no "random" in pc programming. It will choose the car based on some variables like time, progress etc.
Well, given that it is impossible to verify that any finite sequence is random, I'm sure that whatever was put in would at least display the statistical properties of a random sequence (itself hard to prove), and hence be more than adequate for the, albeit pointless, task in hand.
 
I remeber when Prologue came out, there was a Website with Random Car, and track generator. I am sure That website will update once GT5 comes out.

Over Random in game, I rather wanna see, pick your car and pick AI cars.
 
Random matched cars as an online room option would be good.

I agree with the OP, my garages in GT games end up with some very underused or forgotten cars.
 
Pointless imo. Next?...
 
Don't be rude with him. There's no news and we start thinking "stuff".
On the other hand, given that there's no news I think it is OK to have some fun with him. :)

@ACAGT - Just don't take our comments too seriously. Boys just wanna have fun!!!
 
A better idea was to have the option to have the game randomly select a car for you after you've selected the race. Think you can drive? Take down those Evos with a City Turbo. Let's see what kind of man you are.
 
Maybe a nice variation, you can choose a couple cars and from that list make a choice. Enthusia had a great selection method where you choose some variables such as length, engine size and such. That's one thing I'd like to see. I could live on if it isn't included though.
 
Close your eyes and wiggle your analog stick then press X.

Yes I was doing that in GT2 & GT4 but it was not possible in GT3 & GT4p and its not possible in GT5p. Maybe for you random selecting is pointless but for me its very important and you can all laugh about it if you want.
 
We do we need it?
 
Very important? Really? To be frankly honest, i've never used random function on any device and have never seen the point of it apart from maybe being surprised if that's what you want.
I'd rather choose a car i'd actually want to drive at that particular moment than randomly being surprised by some fuzzy logic system.
 
Yes I was doing that in GT2 & GT4 but it was not possible in GT3 & GT4p and its not possible in GT5p. Maybe for you random selecting is pointless but for me its very important and you can all laugh about it if you want.

Use a online number generator, in could be sorted in order you aquired them (with a number) use the random number generator to choose for you.

You can also put min and max numbers so it doesn't come out with 50,203 or something.
 
I'd rather choose a car i'd actually want to drive at that particular moment than randomly being surprised by some fuzzy logic system.[/QUOTE]

Problem with choosing a car that I want to drive in particular moment is that I will tend to drive mostly the same cars that I like and a lot of other cars will just sit and collect dust.
 
Yes I was doing that in GT2 & GT4 but it was not possible in GT3 & GT4p and its not possible in GT5p.
It is, just move your analog stick/ arrow button in all directions.
 
Problem with choosing a car that I want to drive in particular moment is that I will tend to drive mostly the same cars that I like and a lot of other cars will just sit and collect dust.

Well what is the problem then? If you only want to drive a certain car you prefer that's fine, if you want to drive other cars you don't drive often choose those.
When i played GT4 i had a full garage of 1000 cars and i like a lot of different types of car and often just scrolled around to see which car to choose.
If some cars were left to collect dust, then so be it, often there's a reason why i wouldn't select them ( mostly confirmed when i tried them again ).
Some cars however were left forgotten simply by overlooking them and when i did drive them again i was pleasantly surprised and it became my "daily driver".
I tend to see it more as stages, sometimes i'm more interested in, say Italian supercars, the other week i mostly drive Japanese classics, etc.
At the end of the day it is still data, not real cars you have to pay for to keep on the road.
 
The reason why I did random car selecting in GT4 is that I wanted to extend the playing life of the game. Now that will not be so necessary because of online activities that the GT5 will provide.
 
...
I tend to see it more as stages, sometimes i'm more interested in, say Italian supercars, the other week i mostly drive Japanese classics, etc.
...


Yeah, I'm pretty fickle like that, too. :lol: GT5:P already has a random select function anyway, in the form of the attract demo... :dopey:
 
This is not really necessary, in GT4 when I want to select a random car with given characteristics I just filter the country or drivetrain or year, close my eyes and switch pages without looking, then select up or down and press X, very clever and very fast. ;)
 
Not exactly a must-have feature, but it'd be cool. Very specific and niche purpose, but at the same time it's a really easy feature to implement.
 
Pointless feature There is no "random" in pc programming. It will choose the car based on some variables like time, progress etc.

Yep, all based on algorithms written by people or computers. Nothing written by a computer is random.
 
Back