Wednesdays TOYOTA 2000GT 20:30-21:30 GMT- Congratulations Champion PimikiFinished 

Most entertaining race ever! Naturally, I'm a huge fan of the new format because I got outright pole position. :eek:

But at the start I was so excited, trying to carry the minimum brake pressure possible, that my finger wobbled and released the brakes. :lol: The was rolling a little so I tried to steer to the edge, so it was clear I had stalled and help other drivers go past.

Once I was rolling I was nearly in last place. By the end I was 4th with a lot of awesome overtaking in between! Towards the end I was closing in on simba but would have needed another 2 laps to start positioning for an overtake. Still, the extra 5 minutes in the format helped me regain positions after my pit stop.

Not at all how I planned it...but I got the fantastic, clean racing which I joined the series for. Side by side multiple drivers for whole sectors - I didn't think that was possible at Midfield! A thrilling finale, thanks to accurate driving and fair racing from all I encountered.

:gtpflag:

I really enjoyed that! Started fifth but got into third early on. Managed to hold on to pimiki for like a lap then he was gone.

Had good battles with all I encountered too, mainly Ben, simba and zolon. Good racing guys.

Lap before I pitted I somehow squeezed out a 24.5, having been running 25s all through practice and most of the race. Wasn't able to repeat it though.

Was pleased to finish fifth with the ever rapid zolon closing in on me. Considered a handbrake across the line, but rich has put me off that idea for life!

Well done pimiki for winning the series

Congratulations on the series win Pimiki. Great racing from everyone today. I was really slow but then after a really early pit stop I suddenly got the hang of the Toyota around midfield.
I was still no where near the front runners but started catching rich ahead and even got into the 25s whereas before and quali I was on 26-27s!!
Thanks Sick for a great series and fantastic car choice. I'm sorry I'll miss the end of the Chevy cobra shootout.
:cheers:

Sorry about overreaction last night.

I was very sad, because although I have won the race, I didn't win the championship, as Pimiki managed to finish 2nd. Congratulations for Pimiki, title lost and lesson learned.

Sick, thanks for the great series and Car Choice. Looking Forward to do the Dan Gurney Series! :cheers:

Final Round Photos

Mid-Field Raceway_43.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_44.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_45.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_46.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_47.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_48.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_49.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_50.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_51.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_52.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_53.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_54.jpg Mid-Field Raceway_55.jpg

Glad that I could attend the last two rounds! The Toyota 2000GT is ony of my favourite cars in GT6 (4th highest milage, behind the Alpine A110, Ford GT40 and Fiat 500). It was fun to drive at these specs and I think I got a nice suspension setup that I'll keep even after I've converted it back to more modest performance figures :)

Congratulations to Pimiki for winning to series!

Hi friends. I couldn´t play with you last Wednesday because I were in hospital for a few days but I´m fine now. I don´t know if I´ll play next Wednesday but I like it. See you on track.
:gtpflag:

Hi Autope - tonight and next Wednesday (also Friday's) we have 10 minute fun races - Christmas Shifter Karts - hope you can join us.

Round 12 Championship Points.jpg
Round 12 Final Standings.jpg

Above - Final Standings after deduction of single lowest scoring round.

Congratulations to Champion Pimiki and Vice-Champion Harsk who win the 1/43 scale Will Hoy replica BMW. Note - these will be despatched after the Christmas rush has abated - this reduces the risk of damage or loss in transit.

Congratulations to all drivers who participated and made this series a great success.

Back