Wednesdays TOYOTA 2000GT 20:30-21:30 GMT- Congratulations Champion PimikiFinished 

The format is fine, imho. We shouldn't change big things during the season.

As you said, any online racing (and real racing!) depends on all drivers being careful for everyone to enjoy the experience together. This series is specifically for ladies and gentlemen who put fair play above a 1:43rd scale model car. 👍

EDIT: @Harsk100 jumped into a 1:32.1 in about 3 laps when we stayed to try out Deep Forest Reverse after Chevy vs Shelby Round 10. :shock: Took me 13 laps to get a 1:32.0 but I followed it with another on the very next lap. :D Tyres were 10 10 and 9 9 because I kept turning them into toasted marshmallows.

Mmm...marshmallows. :P

This track is very strictly single line in places. I think the only clean overtakes will happen if the car ahead goes off line. They will have to slow right down to regain, enough time for a precise driver to drive past on the much faster racing line.

When you regain the line you won't have enough traction to regain speed. So you might lose another place if it's before a long acceleration zone.

The back straight is very edge-to-edge because of the long parabolic crests. Driving side by side through here on 100% gas will cause a crash. Hard to hold 100% even on the perfect line, driving edge to edge.

Maybe a 'race alone' qualifying session would be a good idea here after all!

Last edited:
Round 10 Photos

Special Stage Route 5.jpg Special Stage Route 5_1.jpg Special Stage Route 5_2.jpg Special Stage Route 5_3.jpg Special Stage Route 5_4.jpg Special Stage Route 5_5.jpg Special Stage Route 5_6.jpg Special Stage Route 5_7.jpg Special Stage Route 5_8.jpg Special Stage Route 5_9.jpg Special Stage Route 5_10.jpg Special Stage Route 5_11.jpg Special Stage Route 5_12.jpg

This morning I bought the Logitech G29 steering wheel and in the afternoon I went to return it to the store. Sucks!!! Makes a lot of noise and I do not know if my unit would be in poor condition, because it was almost impossible to keep the car straight. Nor can roulettes be programmed. It was also necessary to make a lot of force to turn the steering wheel.The brake pedal is very hard and the pedal clutch is too close to the brake pedal. So since I was not convinced I returned it to the store. Tomorrow I will go to a friend's house to try out your steering wheel, Thruthmaster T150 and if I like it I'll buy it´.
IMG-20161203-WA0001.jpg
WP_20161203_003.jpg

WP_20161203_001.jpg

Hey guys. Yesterday I bought the Thrutmaster T150 stering wheel. Compared to Logitech G29DF is much less noisy and cheaper, of course! I bought the Asetto Corsa version with her. Total € 189. The wheel may be changing the steering angle from 1080 ° to 270 °, but you need to do this each time you change the menu. I must learn to drive with him again.
WP_20161205_001.jpg

Hey guys. Yesterday I bought the Thrutmaster T150 stering wheel. Compared to Logitech G29DF is much less noisy and cheaper, of course! I bought the Asetto Corsa version with her. Total € 189. The wheel may be changing the steering angle from 1080 ° to 270 °, but you need to do this each time you change the menu. I must learn to drive with him again.
View attachment 612337

Hi Autope - good luck with the new wheel! If you are using the new wheel on GT6 you probably will not need to alter the steering angle. I believe that Thrustmaster wheels operate with a maximum of 900 degrees of rotation in GT6, but the game automatically sets an appropriate level of rotation for each car. I find this works well and it is rare that I need to turn the wheel more than 90 degrees to each side. Hands crossed over is required at Eiger Nordwand and Cote Dazur hairpin because of the tightness of those corners.

If you are getting a strong oscillation (wobble) when in the straight ahead position try reducing the force feedback (FFB) settings.

The FFB of the Logitech G29 in GT6 is not particularly strong - possibly because it is recognised as a DFGT not a G27 or G25. The FFB in Asetto Corsa is reckoned to be very good, but it is stronger than other games so you may need to reduce it slightly - especially if you have a weakness in the shoulder.

If you are still getting a slight oscillation in the wheel while going straight ahead and altering the settings doesn't clear it, try holding the wheel at a very slight angle instead of in the straight ahead position.

I will be interested to hear what you think of Asetto Corsa. I have recently bought Project Cars Game of the year edition which has 125 cars and a large number of tracks. I decided to pass on Asetto Corsa and wait for a later version of the game with more content and better online features, but it will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

I just noticed that Assetto Corsa is on sale in psn store. You can get both the game and the season pass for 55% off each...

Assetto Corsa has its quirks which doesn't make it an enjoyable game, but it's awesome to drive when you have people to race against. The zero cup is gaining steam and the racing is great fun, but they now race during our wed racing time slot... so AC is collecting dust.
However I have tried project cars game of the year and I haven't bothered to play it since the first attempt.
Gt6 is still where the competition is, and so I haven't left.

Last edited:
I just noticed that Assetto Corsa is on sale in psn store. You can get both the game and the season pass for 55% off each...

Assetto Corsa has its quirks which doesn't make it an enjoyable game, but it's awesome to drive when you have people to race against. The zero cup is gaining steam and the racing is great fun, but they now race during our wed racing time slot... so AC is collecting dust.
However I have tried project cars game of the year and I haven't bothered to play it since the first attempt.
Gt6 is still where the competition is, and so I haven't left.

Are you using a hand controller or a wheel Zeus? The reason I ask is that my friend Mook bought it for XBone, but found it too hard with a hand controller so gave up. He has now tried my version (PS4) with a wheel and enjoys it. Technically I don't get my PS4 and game until Christmas so I haven't been playing the game yet - I have been spending a lot of time in practise mode testing the cars and tracks and have found a few great combinations. I'm using the wheel on default settings.

Yesterday had a brilliant practise at Sonoma Raceway Short using three early saloons: Ford RS500 Sierra, BMW M3 E30 and Merc. I was getting virtually the same lap time so those look a good match.

Gutted with the result today. :(

It was my fault because I was distracted in pre-qualifying race and in the race, I barely could overtake Pimiki!

If I don't finish ahead of Pimiki in next round, I will be 2nd on the standings.

I'm very sorry about the beginning of the Pre-Q Race, I had to do a task and when I arrived, the race had started. :grumpy:

Pimiki 192 points, Harsk 185 points.

Iqb93cRPoO10OQhQg_0.jpg

Great to join you today! The way the cars were sliding through the turns was spot on :)

On the photo above it's me and Zeus, battling for position 7 I believe. The cars glow in the sunlight...

(Well, my car glows in the shadow but that doesn't necessarily have to mean that I breached the regulations by using a uranium-fuelled engine! Maybe I just drove the car through Chernobyl the other day! You have no evidence!)

Iqb93cRPoO10OQhQg_0.jpg

Great to join you today! The way the cars were sliding through the turns was spot on :)

On the photo above it's me and Zeus, battling for position 7 I believe. The cars glow in the sunlight...

(Well, my car glows in the shadow but that doesn't necessarily have to mean that I breached the regulations by using a uranium-fuelled engine! Maybe I just drove the car through Chernobyl the other day! You have no evidence!)
It was good to see you on the track. That's a shame that you couldn't take #73 number though....

Attention All Drivers - Change of Format

The Qualification Race has not been functioning in the way that was originally intended when the series was designed. After consulting with the Stewards I have decided to try a new format, which excludes the Qualification Race. This will be tried for the final round of this series and the final 2 rounds of the Shelby v Chevy series. If the new format is considered to be an improvement we will stick with it for the new series which start in January 2017.

Although it is normally preferable to refrain from any format changes during a season, problems with the Qualification Race have forced us to try this change.

Revised Format / Schedule
Room Opens: 20:25 - 20:30
Free Practise: Till 20:40
Race Start: 20:40 NB 10 minute Qualification alone, last corner start
Race Finish: 21:23 Approximately

The race will be of 30 minutes duration with 1 compulsory pit stop to be taken between 10 minutes and 20 minutes
. The game will apply a penalty if a pit stop is not taken. The Stewards will apply a 30 second penalty if the pit stop is taken outside the 10 till 20 minute window. Tyre and fuel wear will be off i.e. no change from current settings.

PS - Updated Championship tables will be posted shortly (the laptop with the appropriate software is currently being repaired after an accident involving a bottle of Lucozade!).

Attention All Drivers - Change of Format

The Qualification Race has not been functioning in the way that was originally intended when the series was designed. After consulting with the Stewards I have decided to try a new format, which excludes the Qualification Race. This will be tried for the final round of this series and the final 2 rounds of the Shelby v Chevy series. If the new format is considered to be an improvement we will stick with it for the new series which start in January 2017.

Although it is normally preferable to refrain from any format changes during a season, problems with the Qualification Race have forced us to try this change.

Revised Format / Schedule
Room Opens: 20:25 - 20:30
Free Practise: Till 20:40
Race Start: 20:40 NB 10 minute Qualification alone, last corner start
Race Finish: 21:23 Approximately

The race will be of 30 minutes duration with 1 compulsory pit stop to be taken between 10 minutes and 20 minutes
. The game will apply a penalty if a pit stop is not taken. The Stewards will apply a 30 second penalty if the pit stop is taken outside the 10 till 20 minute window. Tyre and fuel wear will be off i.e. no change from current settings.

PS - Updated Championship tables will be posted shortly (the laptop with the appropriate software is currently being repaired after an accident involving a bottle of Lucozade!).
I thought that the Qualification racing would be better than the Qualification racing alone and then a race with a pit stop requirement... :ill:

But anyways, it will remind me of the races of World Classic Racing which I did 2 years ago!

I have a question about championship math.

If not mistaken, I think that for me having the title, I need to win the final race and Pimiki not finishing higher than 3rd...

Harsk, if you win the final race and Pimiki comes 5th you will be tied on points, tied on 1st places and then win on countback of 2nd places. Don't worry about the win, just enjoy the race!
I will try to enjoy the race, but I'm a bit nervous about the race, as I would like to conquer the Double Title (2000 GT and Shelby v Chevy).

Back