Wednesdays TOYOTA 2000GT 20:30-21:30 GMT- Congratulations Champion PimikiFinished 

I would like to race but I don´t know when does it start?

Hi Autope - thanks for your interest.

The day and time is included in the title of the thread - Wednesday's from 20:30 till 21:30 GMT. To sign up you will need to send a Friend Request from your PS3 to Sick_Cylinder and include GT Planet in the text box. Once I have accepted your friend request I will send you a Club Invitation (Club 1000875) which you will need to accept.

We also have a space for you in our Friday (untuned) series at the same time (20:30 - 21:30 GMT) - please let me know if you are also interested in that.

Action from last round of Friday series:

WS Slide 4 Hairpin.jpg

Link to Friday series:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-gmt-apricot-hill-reverse-wet-dec-2nd.349051/

Good Luck and I hope you will be able to join us for some enjoyable racing!

Hi Autope - thanks for your interest.

The day and time is included in the title of the thread - Wednesday's from 20:30 till 21:30 GMT. To sign up you will need to send a Friend Request from your PS3 to Sick_Cylinder and include GT Planet in the text box. Once I have accepted your friend request I will send you a Club Invitation (Club 1000875) which you will need to accept.

We also have a space for you in our Friday (untuned) series at the same time (20:30 - 21:30 GMT) - please let me know if you are also interested in that.

Action from last round of Friday series:

View attachment 610720

Link to Friday series:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-gmt-apricot-hill-reverse-wet-dec-2nd.349051/

Good Luck and I hope you will be able to join us for some enjoyable racing!
My psn nick is Autope10, later I´ll send you an invitation to be friends.

My psn nick is Autope10, later I´ll send you an invitation to be friends.

Hi Autope - your friend request has been received and accepted. I have sent you a club invitation. You can use race number 57 as you requested. Good luck and hope to see you later.

General Reminder - just a reminder to everyone that we are at Special Stage Route 5 tonight so it will be dark (head lamps on). The driving line is available if you don't know the track well. Please be careful - this is a city track so the barriers are close in places - you will need to be patient and wait for overtaking opportunities to arise.

Hi Autope - your friend request has been received and accepted. I have sent you a club invitation. You can use race number 57 as you requested. Good luck and hope to see you later.

General Reminder - just a reminder to everyone that we are at Special Stage Route 5 tonight so it will be dark (head lamps on). The driving line is available if you don't know the track well. Please be careful - this is a city track so the barriers are close in places - you will need to be patient and wait for overtaking opportunities to arise.
Thanks. We´ll see you this night. I´ve hardly ever driven with comfort medium tires but I´m clean and fair. I´ve got no problem if I finish the last. Good luck for everybody.

P.D: Argento Nurburgring will be my colour.
:gtpflag:

Thanks. We´ll see you this night. I´ve hardly ever driven with comfort medium tires but I´m clean and fair. I´ve got no problem if I finish the last. Good luck for everybody.

The tyres suit the car so I am sure you will be fine. I think I will be lapped because some of the drivers are very fast - I always struggle at this track and haven't had time to practise.

Gents, I've had a quick word with Sick and he has suggested that for tonight's races you should all form an orderly queue behind me, and let me win, because I try so hard 👍

Actually, that's not true, but he has given me permission for a shameless plug for a championship I'm holding early 2017. So, here it is:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gmt-10th-jan-28th-march-2017.351595/#post-116

Cheers, Zo. See y'all tonight.

Could you give me a decent setup? 💡

Sorry for the double post chaps, but I've forgotten how to copy into an edit :boggled:

Autope, I'm no guru, but my suspension is set at:

96mm front/75mm rear.

6.06-5.45

2 all round for dampers.

3-3 anti role bars.

zero camber and .60 toe at rear.

But that's a kind of universal setting I use for all circuits. I'm sure that tuners could dial it in a lot better for this particular track. I find that when I change things I'm not sure if they're helping or not most of the time.

I use the standard diff by the way, and brakes at 4-7.

Cheers, Zo. (By the way, it's illegal to beat me with my own setting ;))

Sorry for the double post chaps, but I've forgotten how to copy into an edit :boggled:

Autope, I'm no guru, but my suspension is set at:

96mm front/75mm rear.

6.06-5.45

2 all round for dampers.

3-3 anti role bars.

zero camber and .60 toe at rear.

But that's a kind of universal setting I use for all circuits. I'm sure that tuners could dial it in a lot better for this particular track. I find that when I change things I'm not sure if they're helping or not most of the time.

I use the standard diff by the way, and brakes at 4-7.

Cheers, Zo. (By the way, it's illegal to beat me with my own setting ;))
Don't worry Zolon, I'm using the different settings anyway.

Sick Cylinder!

If the tournament does not deserve to lead a restart in the first round because kifogatják sorry I wish you continued good pushing. It's good for me is not my style more competitive organization. no need to change because of one man.

Sick Cylinder!

If the tournament does not deserve to lead a restart in the first round because kifogatják sorry I wish you continued good pushing. It's good for me is not my style more competitive organization. no need to change because of one man.

I don't know what happened to Pimiki near the start of the Qualification Race or the Feature Race which caused him to spin / crash. I will have a look at the replay's tomorrow and perhaps the Stewards could also have a look and give me their opinions privately. Unfortunately I couldn't avoid crashing into Pimiki's stationary car in both races - I was un-sighted, trying to follow other drivers. This rather spoilt my races - I think this lost me 16 seconds in one lap during the Qualification Race. I couldn't beleive it when virtually the same thing happened again in the Feature Race. I managed to catch up with John Wells who was driving very well and had an enjoyable race, trying, but failing to pass. A disappointing result of 12th, but a very enjoyable race nonetheless. Amazing lap times from the podium men - about 5 seconds faster than me, John and Sutsagrd!

A big welcome to a new driver to our series - @Autope10 hope he enjoyed the racing!

At the Q-Race I think the incident with Pimiki was my fault. I don´t know what exactly happend - I was very close to Pimiki and it felt to me like I got pushed from behind, causing that I bumped at Pimiki :confused:. But on the review I didn´t have another car close enough at my back :eek:. Only explanation: LAGGING 💡. In the Feature Race Pimiki touched me causing my touching the wall and destroying my chance of a better place, as I managed to run third fastest lap in the race. So if I was guilty first, I got my punishment immediately.

P.S.: Racing in the first round is getting horrible, like Pimiki said it is only pushing and bumping. It has nothing to do with Simracing. I want to race like it is in reality, where you won´t continue racing after crushing into a wall or another car.

Perhaps we could try not to overlap other cars in the first round after the start. (As it would be behind a pace car)

What do you think?

Cheers :cheers:

Pimi! It would be a huge pity to lose you over this internet problem in the one race. I don't think that the decision not to re-start was an attack on you, I think people just didn't realise what had happened. I thought you were leading, but it was Ben :boggled:. Similar colour.

We need you to compete with Ben and Harsk.

Perhaps we could try not to overlap other cars in the first round after the start. (As it would be behind a pace car)

I have to say, this thought had occurred to me, it would make for a much more calm first competitive lap. Or we could try having a go at solo qualifying. Perhaps they've sorted out any bug it had?

It's going to be a real shame if people start to get discouraged by excessively forceful driving with people desperately trying to get on the front row.

Cheers, Zo.

Sick Cylinder!

If the tournament does not deserve to lead a restart in the first round because sping
sorry I wish you continued good pushing. It's good for me is not my style more competitive organization. no need to change because of one man.

On the practice of the race, I set the fastest lap time which was 1'42.483, which put me on 1st to the Qualifying race. However, on the qualifying race, I had a slow start, as my tires were spinning and I lost the position to Ben. I had many opportunities to overtake Ben inside, especially the 7th corner. However, for not creating problems, I decided not to force too much my driving and stay on the 2nd place for the Qualifying.

So, on the feature race, Ben started as a Pole Position sitter. I was 2nd. However, I went on the risk on losing the 3rd place to Zolon because I got a bad start (again!!!!). :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

After this mistake, I started to recover all the disvantage and then in turn 5 of Lap 10 (if not mistaken), I overtook Ben and took the checkquered flag with 5-second gap. :D

So, with that, I managed to reduce the championship gap from 26 to 4 points behind Pimiki. :P

Sick Cylinder!

If the tournament does not deserve to lead a restart in the first round because sping
sorry I wish you continued good pushing. It's good for me is not my style more competitive organization. no need to change because of one man.
Pimiki, please don't leave the championship. We need you to compete with us. :(

Hey friends.It was a exciting experience but my left shoulder doesn´t think the same. It finised in a lot of pain.

Driving with these tires was new to me. The breaking points must be carefully executed and smooth acceleration is essential. I still do not have the car to my taste and I ever have problems with gearbox setting. My car is usually the slowest on the straights :banghead:. Anyway I enjoyed the races.

In the fisrt race I started last :eek::dunce::grumpy::odd::odd: but this wasn´t a problem. I did a decent start, I had lucky and I was able to avoid the problems. After some overtaking I settle in the sixth place behind Simba2009Lora. Buybon355 was 1.5s behind me, but I was calm and focused on pressing Simba2009Lora. When I was missing a lap for the final, I was able to overtake Simba2009Lora and then I defended my position with all the legal mechanisms within my reach and with luck I got it. Great fight Simba2009Lora. :cheers:

The second race looked good but it was all. I couldn´t find my rhythm and did lots of mistakes. On the first laps, I was trying to overtaking HeyZeusss666 in the hairpin but the car slid and I touched him so I lift my accelerator and let it pass him but I lost 2 positions more in this race lance.:irked: No prob, races are races and this is only a game.

The pain in my shoulder was increasing :embarrassed: but I was having fun in the fight with Tarnheld and Buybon355. At the end P8 for me. I expected something better but it was well.

Thanks Sick_cylinder for a good organization. I hope to see you on the next race.

Good day friends.

Finishing in the middle in your first race with ha was a great début Auto! Most of us have done all 10 rounds.

If you use a wheel you could try Zolon setup. He drives ABS 0 and is the best wheel driver in the series. Best driver overall, I think!

I'm really happy with my races and even my pre-qualifying was OK. So sad that rich got DC just as he set the 2nd fastest time! Always a more fun race wheel to wheel with Rich.

My starts were just about perfect. In fact my start from pole position in the main race was crucial, could easily have lit yo the tyres under pressure and caused a smokescreen for everyone to drive blind into! Instead I pulled away and had over a second gap by the first split.

Offline single player tends to be able 1s power lap faster. My best was 41.0 so I was amazed to see 41.7 in both races for me! Harsk spent his time begins me wisely. Studied my lines, saw the hidden grip and straighter acceleration zones. Applied it perfectly towards the end of the main race with no major mistakes. He must have done several laps in the 41s. 👍

My setup had a few little changes for this round bud basically the same as my most recent Willow Springs tune. Think it's circling around a "local maximum" for DS3 drivers now.

EDIT: My phone auto corrected "harsk" to be "informal garden". Fastest shrubbery I ever saw! :lol:

Round 10 from Special Stage Route 5

Round 10 Points.jpg

Below top Harsk and bottom Ben Millard were very fast at this track.

Slide 1 Round 10.jpg

Below top Zeus (66) leads this group. Below middle left John Wells (46) drove a good, mistake free race. Below middle right @Autope10 (57) made a fine debut, but please change race number 57 to Font A, Type A as this is our standard font.

Slide 2 Round 10.jpg

Above sadly the Qualification Race was spoilt for @Pimasz when @AndreasR made contact with his car and Pimiki spun out.

Sick Cylinder!

Note - wherever possible we avoid restarting the Qualification Race, because it alters the grid order and affects the schedule - the extra time taken would mean shortening the Feature Race.

It's going to be a real shame if people start to get discouraged by excessively forceful driving with people desperately trying to get on the front row. Cheers, Zo.

I think Zolon makes a very important point. We have in the past tried different things such as starting behind a safety car, no overtaking on lap one and in game qualifying. All have their problems - all forms of online racing rely on competitors driving with care and consideration. I will discuss with the Stewards other possibilities and whether we should make some changes, but ultimately success will depend on whether we all drive cleanly and carefully with consideration for others.

Hey friends it was a exciting experience but my left shoulder doesn´t think the same. It finished in a lot of pain. The pain in my shoulder was increasing :embarrassed: I hope to see you on the next race.

Autope - I don't know if you are a wheel user or not. A couple of months ago I hurt my right shoulder and afterwards it was aching while driving and also while racing on GT6. I thought I was going to have to stop GT6 for a while, but instead I reduced my force feedback settings from 6 and 4 to 2 and 1. This has reduced the aching and allowed my shoulder to heal.

All Drivers - Last week I promised that a statement would be posted into the threads about driving standards. I regret that I have not had time to draft this yet, but I will be working on this with the Stewards for posting soon

Next Round 11 from Deep Forest (Reverse)

He drives ABS 0 and is the best wheel driver in the series. Best driver overall, I think!

Ben, you're making me blush (although I am pretty awesome :lol:). But, seriously, I'm far from the best in the series, and the ABS zero thing is more for fun than anything else as far as I am concerned. And it's not as difficult as most people seem to think.

Nice of you to say so though 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Round 10 from Special Stage Route 5

View attachment 611416

Below top Harsk and bottom Ben Millard were very fast at this track.

View attachment 611417

Below top Zeus (66) leads this group. Below middle left John Wells (46) drove a good, mistake free race. Below middle right @Autope10 (57) made a fine debut, but please change race number 57 to Font A, Type A as this is our standard font.

View attachment 611418

Above sadly the Qualification Race was spoilt for @Pimasz when @AndreasR made contact with his car and Pimiki spun out.

Note - wherever possible we avoid restarting the Qualification Race, because it alters the grid order and affects the schedule - the extra time taken would mean shortening the Feature Race.

I think Zolon makes a very important point. We have in the past tried different things such as starting behind a safety car, no overtaking on lap one and in game qualifying. All have their problems - all forms of online racing rely on competitors driving with care and consideration. I will discuss with the Stewards other possibilities and whether we should make some changes, but ultimately success will depend on whether we all drive cleanly and carefully with consideration for others.

Autope - I don't know if you are a wheel user or not. A couple of months ago I hurt my right shoulder and afterwards it was aching while driving and also while racing on GT6. I thought I was going to have to stop GT6 for a while, but instead I reduced my force feedback settings from 6 and 4 to 2 and 1. This has reduced the aching and allowed my shoulder to heal.

All Drivers - Last week I promised that a statement would be posted into the threads about driving standards. I regret that I have not had time to draft this yet, but I will be working on this with the Stewards for posting soon

Next Round 11 from Deep Forest (Reverse)

Now I´m using pad because my wheel was broken. (thruthmaster T80 racing wheel) Sucks!!! It was broken when it had less than a year old. I´m watching Logitech G29 but it´s too expensive and I need a new phone so i do not know what I will do. F...money!!!!!
I´ll change my type of number.

I ordered a T150 wheel, in the black Friday sale, from Amazon:D

It was a good price, so just waiting for delivery, to try it out:tup:👍👍

Hi John - how much did you pay for the T150? I noticed it was on a great offer through Maplin - £99.99 plus a £5 voucher and if you bought another item to push your shopping over £100 you got a £10 voucher.

I believe SimbaLora also uses a T150.

Hi Sick I paid £112 for it, the same wheel from Game £160, so saved quite a lot.:D

I was going to try, get an adaptor, £50, to make my wheel work on PS4, but some the force feed back, isn't great. Others you need a laptop to run, which I don't have.

Will miss the sequential shiftier though:boggled:

No, I had a used G27 which broke several weeks ago. Then I bought me a T500RS. I´m still struggeling with those fixed shifter paddels. But the powerful engine is really great.

You will soon get used to the fixed shifters. Does @Flaco13 have a T150? How is he? We haven't seen him on track for a while! Please send him our best regards!

Will miss the sequential shiftier though:boggled:

Hi John - what did you use the sequential shifter on the DFGT for? I could never get on with mine so never used the shifter when I used to have a DFGT. I have a friend who uses his as reverse gear selector and I know a lot of people use it as a handbrake.

Note to all Drivers - we will try a new race format next week for Round 11 (and 12) of Toyota 2000GT. If it works better than the current system of 10 minute Qualification Race and 25 minute Feature Race then we will stick with it for the new series after Christmas. Full details will be announced shortly.

This is a link to the new Wednesday series which starts after Christmas - Dan Gurney Tribute Series:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-20-30-21-30-gmt-round-0-jan-4th-2017.351471/

Back