Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,925 comments
The Gr3 Watskin Glenn is super fun! And if I'm not wrong it pays 200k. So, there's a 1M and change to be rewarded this week. Which is nice.

(1 race 100k, 3 races 200k, 5 races 500k + WG 200k = 1M)

On the other hand, you know what is not nice?

A Tesla special event.....

Why do they recycle the same one make events on repeat hahaha, they have near enough 500 cars in the game, they can surely afford some creative liberty?
Between these and the fact Sport Mode is constantly using the same cars, it's like they don't want us to uniquely use all the content the game has. So bizarre.

Why do they recycle the same one make events on repeat hahaha, they have near enough 500 cars in the game, they can surely afford some creative liberty? So bizarre.
Cut them some slack, at least there was no Radical/911 GT3 RS/Tesla/Honda Civic one make this week :lol:

Edit: Spoke too soon, just realized he was talking about the upcoming week. Another Tesla event it is, then. :scared:

Last edited:
I think an interesting Special Event using the Tesla would be an untimed endurance style race. Go furthest on one charge.

At least up until now, all the Special Events have just been short One-Make races around some track. Which requires 0 imagination. I'm just not sure the computer cars know how to drive efficiently.

I think an interesting Special Event using the Tesla would be an untimed endurance style race. Go furthest on one charge.
I couldn't care less. I saw what this kind of event looks like in other cars. That's fun once. After that you don't need to do it again on any car.

That would make it a Mission at that point, like the low fuel ones.
Similar, yes. But having other cars around might change things? Really not sure. Either way, could be an interesting way to mix things up in the weekly challenges. Perhaps too boring? Perhaps I shouldn't put more though into it than PD does? :lol:

I don't love the distance on a set amount of fuel missions. I've never been a conserver of consumable things type... 😂 but it might make for interesting strategy races.

Next week will be Teslas at Nordschleife. :lol:
Thank God it's only Sprint. The others are cool. Best is the Glen. Won that in my R5 so time to do it again!

Last edited:
I maxed out the Tesla so I can get the chore done with it as minimal time as possible. Just get it over with, so I can move on with other more interesting stuffs. I hate so say it, but for something so uninspiring and dull, it is quite fast.

Based solely on early-bird runs (no, not me) and past race notes (from me), this doesn't seem to be all that bad. The (likely) good:
  • It should take right round 45 minutes, one of the shorter runs if memory serves.
  • The CRBs are doable for all 5 races, which, with the 800,000 Cr. in bonuses, makes for a potential 1,401,500-Cr. haul. That's one of the better guaranteed-credit hauls.
  • None of the races are launch-day races.
  • There were a pair of Porsches (the Carrera GTS and 959) added to the Catalunya Porsche Cup race on the video I saw.
The bad:
  • Yet another Tesla Model 3 one-make. Come on, PD, there's more than 4 cars in the game.
  • Other than those 2 newer-to-the-game Porsches and the one-make race (with, as usual, no pre-race chatter), there's nothing new - either in cars or in pre-race chatter.

Back