Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,925 comments
For the Porsche Cup Event, I took Praiano's Max Setting tune for this and tweaked it down to perform well at Barcelona. It got me inspired to make sheets that could be used at all Porsche Cup Events. Barcelona sheet worked well on Kyoto and Lake Maggiore. Made separate sheets for Nordschleife and Spa.

18dd3d2019a26-screenshotUrl.jpg

Finished off the last race at Watkins Glen with the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 car -- stock. I bought some RM tires at the race store to use, but realized on lap 3 that I'd forgotten to put them on. :crazy: It didn't matter. Aside from a couple of wild runs through the bus stop, I had no problems winning.

Might actually do all five challenges for the first time in a while, seeing how they won't be swapped out for another couple weeks. Seems like a potentially fun way to make well over 800k credits, too.

EDIT: I'd also be down to see more special events that use different cars, too, as I think we've had the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992), the Radical, and the Tesla Model III - all cars that can be bought from Brand Central. Maybe we could get a special event that uses something similarly unique, like the Honda 2&4 Concept, or the Mazda Roadster NR-A.

Last edited:
Winning at watkins at hard difficulty with a STOCK GR3 is quite hard to be honest. And i am fast.
Strategy doesn't seem to matter too much for this race. I like to pit after Lap 5 for new medium tires and fuel.

The real trick to having an easier time here is to have an efficient line through the bus-stop chicane. The computer cars are quite slow there.

Last edited:
@jrbabbitt @Timm Sheehan

Found this on the internet :

What is Tesla Mars mode?

Upon activation, the GPS map on the touchscreen display shows the surface of Mars instead of the surface of the Earth. The surface moves and turns as the car travels just as the normal GPS would. The arrow representing the vehicle on the GPS map is replaced by a depiction of a Mars rover.

Link :

Last edited:
I used the Bugatti VGT GR1 at the Glen with a pit stop on lap 9 to get a splash of fuel since I was concerned about running out in the last lap.
I used the 904 in the Porsche cup. On the Tesla race it dawned on me how quiet the Tesla was and I got annoyed for some reason because I didn't realize it before 😁. I guess I noticed it more because I had my headphones on. The only noise from the Tesla was the tire squeal. Not sure why that bothered my so much anyway, I used my swapped grinding Beat on the KEI car race. Then a Viper on the Sunday cup race.
I only got the CRB on the Sunday cup. Not sure why I didn't get at Watkins Glen but I did get a 3 sec penalty for going over pit lane line coming when I got manual control. There was a yellow flag but I never saw the car and I was already in 1st. On the other races I did a little bit of ramming and sliding off track so I wasn't expecting it there.

@jrbabbitt @Timm Sheehan

Found this on the internet :

What is Tesla Mars mode?

Upon activation, the GPS map on the touchscreen display shows the surface of Mars instead of the surface of the Earth. The surface moves and turns as the car travels just as the normal GPS would. The arrow representing the vehicle on the GPS map is replaced by a depiction of a Mars rover.

Link :
Have to say, that's an impressive little "Easter egg" touch.

This was my rag tag bunch for this week:
20240224_130050.jpg

Decided to search for a bunny in the livery search - nice work by the creator (not me)
20240224_124116.jpg

And some laughs in the Kei car race, only managed 3rd but boy did I have a smile on my face afterwards. Tyre smoke heaven on that tight left turn!
20240224_121908.jpg

Can't say I was having an easy time this weekly, but here is my vehicle roster anyway, once again done in PSVR2 and with hard AI...not that it mattered for the final race :P

Screenshot_2024-02-24-16-38-58-062.jpeg

• Stock '06 viper for the US race, was a fun relaxing time, fun car too. Always been a fan of viper's and their mad V10's
  • Forced to use this heap of junk Tesla, which is fully modified (except tyres, it has sports softs) to get Tesla events over with
  • I initially tried to use my Jimny from a few weeks ago...but then I noticed the AI were using heavily modified kei cars, so I brought in my secret weapon, a fully tuned (with all ultimate parts) Copen, with some slight detuning of the styres and turbo (stock turbo and comfort sorts for the race).
  • Initially tried the Porsche race with a fully detuned Porsche VGT spyder, but this thing is so crap it couldn't even do that well, so I had to pony up some cash to moderately tune a Cayman GT4 which was MUCH MORE fun to drive. The lovely it has was the same livery I used for the TT some months ago using this vehicle.
  • Again, I was originally going to use a suiting car for this one. But the task was too great for my Mazda Atenza Gr3, as I got shoved off by the AI...so I thought bugger it and bring out the monster, a detuned tomahawk Gr1 with its incredible tyre management this thing is quite frankly a monster and a sustain machine...shame it gets buggered over by BoP though... thankfully BoP is a non issue in this event...sooo yeah! 👍
No PSVR2 clip for this week exactly, but I do have a recording of me looking over my Tomahawk Gr1 livery from a few months back!

Last edited:
kjb
I have heard a lot of goo things about the Tomahawk Gr.1 so I might actually buy one.
It has 2nd best in class tyre life management (only behind the Bugatti VGT Gr1) and slightly above average fuel drain, but gets absolutely abused by BoP to be one of the slowest in the class when it could be so much more

Last edited:
Might actually do all five challenges for the first time in a while, seeing how they won't be swapped out for another couple weeks.
Just so you're aware, this isn't the case.

The current set will expire, on schedule, at midnight local time on the evening of Wednesday February 28. There'll then be a week's gap where there are no events until the new set on - and we don't know at what time, but we'd assume midnight on the morning of - Friday March 8.

Back from vacation, so a little rusty here:
  • American Clubman Cup - DMC DeLorean S2 🔰
  • Special Event - Obvious
  • Lightweight K Cup - Daihatsu Copen
  • Porsche Cup - 911 GT3 RS (992) 🔰
  • WTC800 - Peugeot VGT Gr. 3 🔰

Rewards:
  • 10k from 4-Star Daily

Last edited:
That's the weekly out of the way, at last. Cr, 100k, 200k and 500k, very nice!
Took a while because I could not get into top 3 in the K Cup. Even in a car maxed out on PP! I confess I had to drop the race settings to "easy" and still only managed 2nd..... 🤣
Used the Jag XJR for the last race (it was allowed, so why not!) - didn't need to stop using RH tyres, still had 1.2 laps of fuel at end because I did a few laps on FM2. Lapped all up to 4th...... felt a little bit guilty, but the money soon got rid of that.:cheers:

That's the weekly out of the way, at last. Cr, 100k, 200k and 500k, very nice!
Took a while because I could not get into top 3 in the K Cup. Even in a car maxed out on PP! I confess I had to drop the race settings to "easy" and still only managed 2nd..... 🤣
Used the Jag XJR for the last race (it was allowed, so why not!) - didn't need to stop using RH tyres, still had 1.2 laps of fuel at end because I did a few laps on FM2. Lapped all up to 4th...... felt a little bit guilty, but the money soon got rid of that.:cheers:
Those Kei Cup races are a lot harder than they look. I've only won 2 out of 3 even on easy (the Tokyo one I've only managed second place).

Those Kei Cup races are a lot harder than they look. I've only won 2 out of 3 even on easy (the Tokyo one I've only managed second place).
There's nothing you change in the tuning to make the cars as fast on the straight as the AI - but they are slower in the corners, so you have get past them there. The faster ones will probably pass you again on the straight, so it's a constant battle to stay in front of them!

I only managed to catch up with, and pass, P1 on the final corner of the last lap on this weekly challenge event....

Back