Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,518 comments
Iā€™m looking forwards to the next weeklies after giving up on the SF race last week. P20 was my only and best attempt.

Yes, I couldn't crack that one at all - ran it three times, and finished last every time!

Found the Willow group B one easy, once I'd found out that putting the brake balance all the way to the rear greatly improved the handling into corners.
I tried it 3 times as well, 7th and 11th place, for the last try I googled what to do, no pit stop, fuel map 4 until lap 10, then fuel map 3 (last lap fuel map 1), I used RS tires, they all was red in the end, but the car have so much downforce that it didn't matter and that is how I won the race.

Last edited:
Wow, what a rubbish combination this week. "Racing" a Renault4 (because they can't licence the original Mini, and someone thinks this is similar), and a German ring challenge that throws so much rain at you it makes everything totally undriveable.

I used to look for forward to these, but recently it feels like a way to sell replacement controllers that have been thrown at the wall in despair.

The game should be titled, Gran Turismo The Real Undriveable Simulator.

Last edited:
(because they can't licence the original Mini
1716555683878.png

After sitting out last week I was excited about this week's races. So since I couldn't sleep I woke up and did them. My time was short because I only had about an hour before I had get everyone up for school so I went OP. I used 917 for the boat race at the Ring. I saw that it was raining before I started so I slapped on some wet tires. I was still sliding a lot but so was the AI. I was able to get the lead halfway through as the track started to dry out for an easy win.
I started with the a F40 for the Ferrari race but it sliding everywhere so I decided to grab the LaFerrari.
The Historic race I used a stock 959 for an easy win and finally I took Tomahawk GR.1 to Sardegna for easy win. I got a Ruf from my ticket. I was a little disappointed because I wanted the Enzo, but that didn't happen. I'm ok with the Ruf though now don't have a 2nd one

I got 6 star parts, and some pistons for a car I don't own.
The first reward is a Six-Star (Parts) ticket. The final reward is a Six-Star (Car) ticket.

In single player mode you are usually a tyre swap away from a very easy win. Stick the best tyres you can on, and many races are easily winnable even for non-aliens. Of course there are a few races that are usually a little more difficult - in the weekly challenges the last race is often the one that needs a bit of concentration.

Returning to Sardegna after over a year was interesting. I am likely faster than I was a year ago but looks like AI has not been adjusted through updates because I lapped everyone but two (one more lap and I would have lapped the remaining two), while I was still relearning the track! I don't remember lapping everyone a year ago in the same car (CLK LM).

The most difficult one was the rally round. I had to slap on a medium-RPM turbo to land 2nd.

Wow, what a rubbish combination this week. "Racing" a Renault4 (because they can't licence the original Mini, and someone thinks this is similar), and a German ring challenge that throws so much rain at you it makes everything totally undriveable.

I used to look for forward to these, but recently it feels like a way to sell replacement controllers that have been thrown at the wall in despair.

The game should be titled, Gran Turismo The Real Undriveable Simulator.
The original Mini is in the game, you also win one from playing the regular career mode.. it's from a very early cafe menu. Or it's in the used dealership from time to time.

Wasn't the last set of weekly challenges too challenging for you? you seemed to struggle at Willow springs calling the mustang a shed, I think the problem is you, leave your ego at door...
Last week's challenges were actually pretty simple. This week's challenges are equally simple. Probably a little easier.

Now, if PD said, this week's challenge is: SF race at Fuji, X2019 race at Interlagos, Human Comedy Race at Lago Maggiore, Neo-Classic race at Willow Springs, and Clubman Cup Plus 550 race at Tsukuba. That would be a week most people check out of. I would love the challenge, but damn would that be a hard week.

Latest Posts

Back