Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,519 comments
This week's weapons:
Obvious. Mainly stock. Lost by a cars length. I'll take second.
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross Layout_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Spa in my Batmobile on IM's because I saw moisture on the pre-race map. Won by almost 10 ticks.
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps__1 (7) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Overpowered F430 on Praiano rake-style. Too easy. Over by lap 3. Problems with AI brake checks and sudden moves when they see you. I'll come back with a more streetable car. Why are there even blue flags/lights if the AI isn't even programmed to move over? SMH
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course_ (5) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Nordschleife in a stock 992 on IM's because pre-race radar showed some moisture. Easy win by 9 ticks. Argy-bargy stuff with aggressive AI.
Nürburgring Nordschleife__1 (6) by 2cam16, on Flickr
I'll do the easy WTC800 tomorrow to complete my daily mileage. Parts ticket was a bore up of some brand. I don't even read these tickets anymore. lol

Last edited:
Okay, ran 4 races tonight:

Race 1 - Rally Cross event with the Renault: Stock except for dirt tires - 238pp - 5th place. It just doesn’t have the power where it needs it. I will have to put a couple of BPM parts on it to win.

Race 2 at the Ring: Stock Audi TT Cup with intermediates - 607pp. Easy win. Great handling car. Has power everywhere so if I didn’t get in the right gear it could exit corners with great acceleration. But if rain but I didn’t notice it thanks to the IM tires.

Race 3 Lago Maggiore: Stock Ferrari 458 - 612pp - 2nd place. A bit of a handful but once you understand how the car slides around the turns it’s really fun to drift this thing around that middle section leading up to the back straight. I may try it again to see if I can win. I’m only about 4 seconds behind the leader.

Race 4 at Spa: Stock Porsche 911 Turbo (930) ‘81 - 507pp - 3rd place. Such an amazing car. I really thought it would be a dog on the stock CS tires but the brakes are amazing, the slight oversteer on trail braking and the cars ability to equally lose the front and the back makes you feel like a driving god as you power-slide through the turns. Such a fun car and still a close race. I’ve only done it twice but I’m only 4 seconds behind the leader right now. I may try it a few more times to see if I can win.

Haven’t run the last race but I’ve ran that race so many times it’s getting boring.

6* parts ticket gave me ceramic brakes for an Amuse 380RS

5* daily ticket gave me a Maserati MC20.

Last edited:
Wow, what a rubbish combination this week. "Racing" a Renault4 (because they can't licence the original Mini, and someone thinks this is similar), and a German ring challenge that throws so much rain at you it makes everything totally undriveable.

I used to look for forward to these, but recently it feels like a way to sell replacement controllers that have been thrown at the wall in despair.

The game should be titled, Gran Turismo The Real Undriveable Simulator.
Unless you're someone who hates EVs, the Taycan(with IM tires) is the best option for many German cars/Porsche events.
Since this car is AWD, it boasts outstanding grip and traction, and since it is an EV, there is no need to change gears, and it has excellent acceleration performance.

Last edited:
Try stock car, medium turbo. Would be cheaper, and a winner.
I've already mounted a N2O system on the Renault. :lol:
Since I have collected all cars available I don't care too much for credits right now, I even don't grind any more in any way.

Interesting ? : For a couple of WC batches now, I've bought the five cars needed, raced them ( stock mainly ), sold them again. Most expensive car was the Vulcan so far. And although I've never done too many races with them, my credit count increases. ...
Ok, maybe that's my kind of grind. :)

Last edited:
Well another nice set, apart from that first one at Barcelona, can't enjoy that one no matter how hard I try. Got 2nd on the first go, and that will do. My Renault was tuned up as much as it could go!
The race at the Ring was great fun but got caught by rain in the first attempt and span out (that might have been bad driving, not rain!) so put IMs on for second attempt, and came third which was good enough for me.
Last race was my go-to grinder so knew that one well.

Prizes were OK, first one 6-star parts (the most disappointing for me), gave some carbon shaft worth about Cr 8,000, second Cr 200k, last one a car which gave a Zagato, sold for about Cr. 600k, and together with the Cr. 727k for the last race (with CRB) a nice little haul!

Last edited:
Again managed to do them all in one sitting. It was a fun set.

1) Renault 4 Special @ Barcelona Rallycross

It was actually my first time racing this layout at all, to my surprise. Tried to use the car from last time, with just a sport ECU and sport air filter, but I was getting thrashed badly. So I slammed a low pressure turbo and a semi race exhaust and things changed completely! The car was more than competitive and thrashing it around this track was fun, also gave it a little handbrake help from time to time. The R4 never ceases to amaze me despite the low power. Also got the CRB.

20970411918292981.jpg

Parts ticket gave me High Lift Camshafts S for the M2 Competition. It's a parts ticket so I wasn't expecting anything else.

2) Schwarzwald League @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

Kudos sent me here with a 700pp Dyson Porsche, a "green" car in the Green Hell combination so why not also painting the car in green? And there she is, my Taycan in the beautiful Signal Green from Porsche. What can I say, the car is insanely fast, the acceleration is just as insane as the understeer while braking, this car really loves to go straight as soon as you hit the brakes that bit longer or harder. But once I got used to that it made mincemeat of the competition, the race was dry and I was on RH tires so what else could I ask for? No CRB because I touched Blaszan while overtaking him.

20970895302988968.jpg

3) Ferrari Circuit Challenge @ Lago Maggiore

THIS is what I needed after racing with the Dyson Porsche, a V12 screaming in my ears and a gearbox, I felt renewed! Kudos had me use the F12 for this race and what a fantastic machine that is. Tuned to 700pp with the Praiano setup just with a couple tweaks it was simply wonderful to drive, also managed to lap a couple cars almost at the end. Sublime, this reminded me that I can't actually live without engine sound in my ears.

Did I already mention how awesome it is to hear that V12? Also, another CRB victory.

20970636395724255.jpg

Got the 200k ticket after this race.

4) Historic Sportscar Masters @ Spa-Francorchamps

This was probably the most interesting experience of this round of weeklies. Kudos had me run this with the Plymouth XNR Ghia, that weird thing I had just bought from the Legends dealer because why not, and I have to say I was kinda scared. Tuned it up to 580pp somehow, and gave it a try. It was simply amazing! The car drives much better than I thought it would on SM tires, and the unique cockpit view perspective makes it a complete unique experience. No CRB as I lost it a couple times and hit a few walls, but a victory nonetheless and a lot of fun.

20970632222892997.jpg

5) WTC 800 @ Sardegna Road Course A

The moneymaker, hadn't been here in a long time actually since I usually grind at 700pp Le Mans so I had to find my groove once again. Kudos had me take this on with the Beetle Gr.3 which I bought just for this challenge as I didn't own it yet, knowing full well the car would repay itself after winning here. Looks like nobody cares about it anymore since finding a tune was close to impossible, but somehow I got one and tweaked it a bit; not much to say, this car is a beast, not as god-tier among GT3s as the Ford GT Spec II but still way above average with great fuel consumption. I managed a FM3 and RM race with two stops and if not for my total incapacity of staying focused (I keep on thinking I may have ADHD of some sort) I would've won by far far more than 10 seconds. Eventually brought it home though.

20970332906842093.jpg

Car ticket gave me a 918 Spyder which I sold for 881k since I already own one, and daily marathon ticket was a 4* that gave me a mere 10k.

A better week:
  • Special Event - Obvious
  • Schwartzwald League - AMG VGT Racing
  • Ferrari Challenge - 330 P4 🔰
  • Historic Sportscars - GTO Judge 🔰
  • WTC800 - NSX Gr 3 🔰

Rewards:
  • 10k from 3-Star Daily
  • Ultra Turbo for RX-7 FD
  • Dupe GT-R GT3 '18 (was hoping for the LaFerrari in the same pool...)

I've just done the Ferrari challenge and hey, that's really been an enjoyable afternoon.
The task was to beat the F12 Berlinetta with a Dino and of course I tried the stock car first, as always. :lol: Guess you all know what happened, I admit I had that suspect !
I was able to overtake four of the older cars, at least, came in in 12 but the gap to the winner was ... wow. :rolleyes:
The Dino is a wonderful car and the race wasn't all bad, but I decided to take the car to GT Auto and the tune shop directly ... and I went all in. So here's some looks and specs of the car
before
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240525155708.jpg
and after
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240525183703.jpg
and this racing machine gave me the win with CRB at the first attempt. I'm not a great tuner and I'm sure there's a lot to improve regarding the setup, but this Dino on sport tires is an exceptional drive as is. Do absolutely recommend it !

Last edited:
Finished the week off today with my trusty Audi R5 in the WTC. Won an Aston Martin VGT but it was a double so sold it for a bit over $500k. I'll play around with my Ferraris tomorrow.

I used these cars this week.

18fb63c6ffc75-screenshotUrl (1)~2.jpg

Stock R4 with the required dirt tires. Frustrating race, the track has poor flow especially trying to find an optimal racing line around traffic. P3, next.

The AMG handled the Ring easily, entirely stock. P1.

The F50, also stock, was a nice drive but couldn't catch up to the F8 and finished P2.

The Lambo was surprisingly good but I needed one more lap to win. P3 would be fine behind the other two Lamborghinis.

The WTC 800 race would take two tries. I had never done this race before, so I wanted to use a Gr.3 car and I recently bought the Ford. The winning strategy for me was using the Soft tires, FM2, a two stop strat (after lap 5 and 10), and a modest increase to front downforce.

The Car ticket saved me 1 million credits.

18fb63c81cc72-screenshotUrl.jpg

And a 6 Star Workout saved another million with the one Super Formal car I didn't have.

Parts ticket was some pistons for some GT-R.

Last edited:
I used these cars this week.

View attachment 1358760

Stock R4 with the required dirt tires. Frustrating race, the track has poor flow especially trying to find an optimal racing line around traffic. P3, next.

The AMG handled the Ring easily, entirely stock. P1.

The F50, also stock, was a nice drive but couldn't catch up to the F8 and finished P2.

The Lambo was surprisingly good but I needed one more lap to win. P3 would be fine behind the other two Lamborghinis.

The WTC 800 race would take two tries. I had never done this race before, so I wanted to use a Gr.3 car and I recently bought the Ford. The winning strategy for me was using the Soft tires, FM2, a two stop strat (after lap 5 and 10), and a modest increase to front downforce.

The Car ticket saved me 1 million credits.

View attachment 1358763

And a 6 Star Workout saved another million with the one Super Formal car I didn't have.

Parts ticket was some pistons for some GT-R.
That Audi is one of the best cars ever for WTC 800 at Sardegna. Sips fuel and handles like a dream there. Perfect grind car for those who don't know about Sardegna.

Should have good resale value.
I was thinking that, but also, if I ever want to do the whole 100% completion thing with the car list, I am going to ‘need’ it at some point. So maybe it’s better to win it than have to buy it, even if I’m never going to actually use it.

Last edited:
Back