Weekly Photography Week 5

• Thread starter Burnout
  • 90 comments
sUn is obviously for it, as he is the leader of the abstract competitions, in which you can enter as many as you like.

Personally, I don't care if anyone enters more than one. I'm just asking so I don't get anyone mad for no reason. :)

Burnout
sUn is obviously for it, as he is the leader of the abstract competitions, in which you can enter as many as you like.

Personally, I don't care if anyone enters more than one. I'm just asking so I don't get anyone mad for no reason. :)

Atleast someone intelligent understands. :dopey:

Eh fine I don't care. I won't vote for them then. Not like it matters.

sUn I think you could find something more mature to say then "At least someone intelligent understands." That's just plain childish.

i would stick with the 1 photo per person. it forces someone to take a better pic then just put up a bunch of pictures that make you think..... meh.

besides, it would help his point with the whole thing about 56k users having to look at 30 different images.

even though I would LOVE to submit multiple pics, I think it would be best to allow only 1. The reason behind it is to make the photographer *really* think hard and look for the best possible shot.

emad
even though I would LOVE to submit multiple pics, I think it would be best to allow only 1. The reason behind it is to make the photographer *really* think hard and look for the best possible shot.
I agree, there were many shots that I liked for the previous comps but I chose just 1, and emad is right it makes you really think about the subject and choosing your best work. It's easy to take pics, but hard to choose the best.

It's a competition so it only makes sense to limit one picture per person.

Here's mine, does this work?

Attachments

• IMG_2531.jpg
    IMG_2531.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 28
emad

sounds like what i said, cept clearer, lol

ok ok, I will pick image two the toad ;), sorry if i skrewed up with posting more than one image, i didnt want to cause any bother I was just looking at some random photos that were taken, i have over 50cd's worth of stock photos that i have taken :scared: so i just picked a few i could have posted at lease 50 close ups if not more but i thought that i would just post those few, in future i will put only one entry up, but this should be stated in the brief at the begining.

again sorry for any trouble caused :)

Looks good man 👍

if you could do it under slightly brighter light conditions, it should look better. Also, try it in B&W. I've noticed that a lot of my extreme close-ups of metallic things really really look good with grayscale/sepia filters because the colors are softened up

sorry, I decided to upload a different picture. I absolutely love my glasses pic but something about this one is just sooo right for this competition.

Unfortunately, I had to shrink the resolution quite a bit. The full image is available here

Attachments

• ready to stop.jpg
    ready to stop.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 26
Here's my contribution. Is it close enough to be included?

In case anyone wonders, the glass contais a piece of lime and a mix of vanilla vodka and apple sour.

Besides mine (of course..) I like sUn:s best so far.

Attachments

• DSCN0458.jpg
    DSCN0458.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 21
GTJugend
Here's my contribution. Is it close enough to be included?

In case anyone wonders, the glass contais a piece of lime and a mix of vanilla vodka and apple sour.

Besides mine (of course..) I like sUn:s best so far.

Man, are you phreaking serious? I'm surprised someone even looked at my entry. :cheers:

sUn
Man, are you phreaking serious?

Yes I am. Just give the picture a slight rotation and it will be perfect.(I don't think it breaks the rules in this comp) Remember my computer-setup? Simplistic, prefferably in the greyscale and with a bright color to break the order is the way to go if you ask me. 👍

This is a few hours too late, but what the heck.

This is my son playing with one of his toys.

I'd enter the comp, but my camera is like 5 years old, i don't think it is even one megapixel...

Back