Weekly Race Series, Week 10 - Germans in the Forest.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 216 comments
lotus, what gears are you in through the turns? i've been wanting to ask you that.

Done about 250 laps and fastest time was T1 21.1** and a T2 of 46.9**. Ill do another few laps tommorow and sunday and hopefully ill get a better time :)

Originally posted by Talentless
lotus, what gears are you in through the turns? i've been wanting to ask you that.

On the gears I posted before?
From top of my head ...

turn 1 6th
turn 2 4th
turn 3 bottom of hill and up it 4th
between the 2 tunnels 3rd and 4th
after them 3rd I think, and 3rd for last bend .

I've now since got a better lap time using Rons set up, but tomorrow I intend on improving and don't know if I'll change to something else or not yet .

A nice tip from the missus regarding turn 1 where she hit a 20.5 in front of me ! i had to try it ! no gear drop just a good stab of brake and pray you keep it on the road , 1 out of 5 times you will make it ! gotta go really wide on the rumble again to nail it :cool: anyway here's my best 2 sectors in the same lap ...

20.5 / 45.5 ..... shame i had a 3 wheel off incident after T2 :(

my time for the lap was .4 faster than my best save :banghead:

My times are dropping dramatically now that I have a new set up... unlike many others here though, it is an original by kent. :D

Im also working on my t1 and t2 times... but from now on, those are a secret between myself and my friends from this board who I contact regularly.

Needless to say... this is gonna be an interesting comp.

Did I mention that the hp has made it to 471?

Well it did at some point and might keep going up.

Originally posted by Mr P
A nice tip from the missus regarding turn 1 where she hit a 20.5 in front of me ! i had to try it ! no gear drop just a good stab of brake and pray you keep it on the road , 1 out of 5 times you will make it !

That what ive been doing from the start, but i usually cant keep it on the road, maybe im forgetting the praying part..hehe. Even then, i still cant get below a CLEAN 20.9 :mad: im probably losing a lotta time in turn 2 yet, i either brake too much or go too fast and smack the wall.

gokents. the HP should max out at 472...least it has for me, i dont think its goin up anymore

Originally posted by miata13B
Good Job Thio, You are slowly cracking away time. Good Job!!!

Thanks miata :)

It seems like I have to work on that corner in order to be par with the others :D

How much time do you think manual will will increase your time instead of automatic? Maybe its time for me to finally change to manual :)

A nice tip from the missus regarding turn 1 where she hit a 20.5 in front of me ! i had to try it ! no gear drop just a good stab of brake and pray you keep it on the road , 1 out of 5 times you will make it ! gotta go really wide on the rumble again to nail it :cool: anyway here's my best 2 sectors in the same lap ...

20.5 / 45.5 ..... shame i had a 3 wheel off incident after T2 :(

my time for the lap was .4 faster than my best save :banghead:

Sounds like what I've been *trying* to do all along, but I still am happy each time I manage a 20.9. 20.5! If I manage to pull that off I could just get a T2 of 45.1!

Best T2 today 45.4 and then my gear up sort of stuck taking the left hand bend after tunnel ! '"@#$%" i obliterated another DS2 over this incident :embarrassed: , I better go buy a new 1 , i'll be back .

I'm just about done here ;) seen a few 20.5's and 45.2's :cool:

new best save has...

20.6 / 45.3 :mischievous:

This was a nice frustrating challenge 👍 Top Marks Boom ;) more of the same in future rounds for sure :)

laters

*trumphet plays in the background* Dear lord we gather here today to lay rest to our controller in arms. It lead a fabulous lifew watching some of the fastest times produces on race tracks. It was a brave soul to deal with Mr. P. Eveyone please join together in a pray for our fallen comrade the DS-2. A moment of silence please. . .
inc.gif

Originally posted by miata13B
*trumphet plays in the background* Dear lord we gather here today to lay rest to our controller in arms. It lead a fabulous lifew watching some of the fastest times produces on race tracks. It was a brave soul to deal with Mr. P. Eveyone please join together in a pray for our fallen comrade the DS-2. A moment of silence please. . .
inc.gif

:D i revived it and stuck it together with black tape :lol: and run faster than before 👍 i must have scared it :mischievous:

:lol:

nice time Mr. P, i wont be getting any where near that time. My fastest time is a 21.1 T1 and 46.8 T2. I'll try improve this over the next day.

:D i revived it and stuck it together with black tape :lol: and run faster than before 👍 i must have scared it :mischievous:
ROFL -
rofl.gif
- Well Reverend lovejoy we have healed this poor soul. We have lifted it from the fires of damnation. Pray with me Lovejoy.... Heal this DS2, say that with me, Heal this DS2 - Only $5000 and we can heal its soul -
rofl.gif

Rock on, it is good to be resourceful with them, especially if you make them faster. Have you ever just played with the green chip from the inside before?

alright i think ill pack my bags with this one and say bubi to the Bmw , until next time, ill be leaving a great milestone of a time for me:D

I have about 4 or 5 sessions a week about 1 - 2 hours a time , but i need that with 4 kids running about and distracting me about 90% of my track time , It's when i'm left alone for 10 mins when they are occupied that i can do a decent lap .

I have about 4 or 5 sessions a week about 1 - 2 hours a time , but i need that with 4 kids running about and distracting me about 90% of my track time , It's when i'm left alone for 10 mins when they are occupied that i can do a decent lap .
And you still kick our butts. :lol: - you must be superman to deal with that.

Well, making a great deal of progress on this race, I am within .6 seconds of my goal on this one. I think I'll be able to turn this one around here, I just perfected my setup, I don't think it needs any more messing around, but we shall see. It is funny actually one of my slower T1s and 2s brought my fastest lap
T1 - 21.0
T2 - 46.3

well, ever since my "questionable" lap w/ the 20.9/46.0 times, the best ive been able to do since then is 20.8/46.3...and a lap time thats about 3 tenths slower than the other one...grrr

DAMN fine times there Mr. P. No way am I gonna get you with those splits.
I just can't seem to get one perfect lap together. My times are still in the 20.9 and 45.8's. I've nailed a few 20.7's but I just can't seem to hold on to it for the rest of the track.
Might have one more go with it and that will probably be it for me.

But it looks like great racing done by everyone here! Well done all. :)

Only 200km with racing for me this week.
But i'm quite happy with T1 20.9 and 46.2

Had a best T1 20.7 and T2 45.9 but fuc*** up after T2:banghead:

C ya nxt week...

Back