Weekly Race Series, Week 10 - Germans in the Forest.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 216 comments
If I had 1 of the 9 laps I did that I screwed up, I would probably be in the running for first place this week, but I screwed up, ain't that "The Suck!"?

Why? Why? Why am I often struggling terribly to get some cars in this game to turn in a consistent manner, seeming to be near the edge of traction only to find out some Yodas are 0.5-2 seconds or more ahead of me? Why is it such a struggle? No, I may not end up last, probably not, but again and again it becomes a hassle. I've gotten a few around 21.0xx and 46.6xx, but I cannot keep it up. I am tired of having to rely on other settings and video clips just to be able to have a chance at that last 2 seconds I should be able to get on my own. But I just can't seem to and it's starting to piss me off. I'll probably send some time in or try to, but it's so damn aggravating to feel as if you are pushing the limit and find out that if a grenade were thrown at the edge, you'd not get one bit of shrapnel.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

My best save has... T1 20.8 and T2 45.9

I've had 20.5 and 45.6 on same lap only to lose it :mad:

I'll probably have another go at this tomorrow, I've still got a goal to reach.
Doubt I'll reach it though :irked:

I've finally got the hang of sector 1, though I'm a still a long way from Mr P's time.

The BMW seems to corner much better on the power, it seems to be a question of cornering using just a little less throttle than will give excessive tailslides.

Best run 20.9, 45.9. I've seen a 20.8 but that went for a burton when I clipped the wall of the 2nd tunnel.

I'm running Booms settings, with a little bit more toe-in on the front axle and TCS at 2.

yupp i think ive got my best lap folks... and

thats it for me..

see ya at the next track..

ill be at the dealership :lol:

Well... I also have a goal to reach, but its a reasonable one.

I want to see a 45 of sorts and a keeper lap on that 45.

Hopefully I can pull it, but either way, I am sure that my current time is one I can live with...

However, the 45 isnt far off and I am sure that I can put it down in a keeper...

Miata also knows my other goal, but that discussion is for individual conversation and not the open boards.

Indeed Gokents, BTW I PMed you with some information about goals :).

I must say it has been probably the best race for learning I have run since the Vertigo.

Dam I love the Vertigo. . . Now for next week I figure it is probably going to be japanesse, I would wish for a beautiful NSX type R non arcade peferably.

But, I have this strange suspicion that Boom is going to run an arcade car, so I figure let us make this interesting. . .

Lets run a FF class B car such as the Xsara or the Spoon Civic.

If it is arcade the Xsara such be sufficient; If simulation that civic is the way to go.

bah!! i just pulled a 20.7 and 45.8....but i did a little off-roading coming off of turn 1 :( the rest of the lap was flawless tho, grrr

Originally posted by Talentless
Why? Why? Why am I often struggling terribly to get some cars in this game to turn in a consistent manner, seeming to be near the edge of traction only to find out some Yodas are 0.5-2 seconds or more ahead of me? Why is it such a struggle? No, I may not end up last, probably not, but again and again it becomes a hassle. I've gotten a few around 21.0xx and 46.6xx, but I cannot keep it up. I am tired of having to rely on other settings and video clips just to be able to have a chance at that last 2 seconds I should be able to get on my own. But I just can't seem to and it's starting to piss me off. I'll probably send some time in or try to, but it's so damn aggravating to feel as if you are pushing the limit and find out that if a grenade were thrown at the edge, you'd not get one bit of shrapnel.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Maybe you should change your name ... :rolleyes:

yeah dose anybody when Boom post the races? Week 11 will be my first race on here, and I'm really excited
spin.gif

Originally posted by qjasonp
yeah dose anybody when Boom post the races? Week 11 will be my first race on here, and I'm really excited
spin.gif

Race 11 will be starting tomorrow, welcome aboard :)

Damn I just did 2 laps with the mighty MOMO and pulled of a 20.7 / 45.6 right away :eek: of course though I screwed it up at the last section and finished .3 behind my saved time :irked:

Lotus350,

I have a MOMO for over a year now and I LIKE IT !!! It's more like driving now instead of playing a computer game

But your times........

I just race for fun, not enough to compete with the pro's.

I still haven't run this race since last time and I doubt I'll do anymore tonight. I'll be watching the tapes and writing down the results of the iLink event instead. :D Safe to say that Made in Holland featured rather prominently in this event! And indeed, at times we were extremely close - my best lap at Monaco in the 787B: 1'22.419, his best lap 1'22.415. :odd:

He loved it and he said he'd be back for more, so count me in on any challenge that features Arcade cars. ;-)

You can read some more about it here: http://www.gt3times.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=81311#81311

also check out the previous page for some pictures.

What is the peak horsepower?
At what mileage does it occur?
At what mileage does the horsepower drop?

Originally posted by Talentless
What is the peak horsepower?
At what mileage does it occur?
At what mileage does the horsepower drop?

472HP
About 175-200 miles?

Don't know when it drops. I've clocked up to 300 miles on her without any loss of power.

But what I did is got up to peak HP and then saved the game. That way I always start with a car that is at peak HP. If I notice loss, then I just reload the game, but I haven't gotten enough miles on the car for it to start to lose power.

I think it starts to drop at about 480 to 500 miles, though it may have been 580 to 600, I can't remember. I know it's not less than 480 in any case.

Well the hp drop is really a matter of your oil changing...

If you dont change the oil as you hit the peak, it will drop almost immediatly after the peak is hit...

Where as if you change the oil at something like 465, you will hit the peak and stay there for a long time.

Good luck with that one...

i've managed a few in the 20.9s. and 46.2s had one in the 20.8s, but i don't think it was legal, i didn't finish the lap.

480? i'm not far from 270 miles and i've not gone past 472. i dunno if i want to play that long. my right thumb may blister shortly.

505? who else is at 500 + with the bimmer? i guess i should be happy i'm only about 5 tenths of the t1 of lotus? geez, i've got shows i want to watch in the next hour. :rolleyes:

Posted a lousy run of 20.9 - 45.8 or something, pretty sure it won't beat Lotus or Mr.P or any of the other pro drivers for that matter. But I have the best excuse - racing GT3 iLink with Made in Holland and four other top notch drivers. :D Boy did Made cause a fine crash with his R34 ... :D I've spent all evening posting the times for most of the races and making a first video.

Boy was this cool. I hope planning will force us to plan the next event early June (like June 1) :D

I'll post the replays, including my 'bad' one in which I do T1-T2 rather nicely (from 20.8 or something to a 45.5 - though that seems to be about as good as Mr.P's, so you can just watch his instead. :rolleyes: )

I posted my time. I didnt get as good as i wanted but i didnt get much time the last few days. I ran a T1 of 20.9 and a T2 or 46.5 (didnt accelerate enough on the bend commin upto the tunnel :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ) but anyway that was my cleanest lap and only 300 of my dirtys so im happy with it.

See yas all next race :)

i think im done w/ this...i just cant push myself any further, ive been trying and trying to get that one lucky lap but it just isnt coming. Im waiting to send my time in tho, i MAY give this one last minute stab. i usually seem to pull somthin outta my @ss when im tryin to get in right before the deadline. haha.

I'll be running shortly
I think I can beat my time, I think I can get another .5 if I buckle down on this, I might give some competition to some racers here. 707

My time stinks. i could be at least 0.6 better but the damn car's inconsistent behavior keeps screwing me over.

yeah, i coulda done better than i had too..but i dont think by much. i was pushin myself to the limit on this one. Just sent my time in. i ended up w/ a 20.9 t1 and 46.1 t2 i would've really liked to see at least a 20.8/45.9, but oh well. I did these times on my own settings, no moochin of other people this time, so i guess thats somthin to be proud of...hehe

Back