Weekly Race Series, Week 16 - 500 Ponies.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 138 comments
Originally posted by Mr P
Yep i'm using the mini also :D
Man, you took my second car in the garage. I guess non of you figured out my top secret pink car then! :lol:

Well, I am going to attempt a new theory on tuning today. Kent, hit me up later because I have a whole new perspective on it and I think you will be interested in it. I will tell everyone this, it is going to take me longer to tune the car and get good times, but in the end, the car is not only going to be on rails, but it is also going to push the enevelope on Line racing :D

Second night of testing and I have a new car. I beat my best five lap run in the econd lap by 2 seconds. This is gonna be fun :D

Originally posted by pedrodaman
:lol: Those coopers sure are fleeing machines :P I had to take the back seats out to fit the engine inside V12 in a cooper :eek:

:odd: are you guys for real :odd: that thing has like 62hp

Originally posted by pedrodaman
You can use any car including prize cars as long as it's not a race car or exceeds the 500Bhp mark..
Dunno about Tuner cars ..Are you talking about GT-R R Tune, Mines cars etc..?That im not sure about..

Yeah, i meant Mine's and Spoon, Nismo and such.

I think you should be Ok with those ..I don't class those type's of cars as Race cars ..Maybe give Boom a PM and check..:)

I would like to run that Spoon S2000, it has been a personnal favorite of mine for a while, but unfortunately it is hard for me to get race time in. . . As for my new tuning method, I must say I have seen some real results outta it, and I think I can give some people a little more competition this week then any previous week. Time is going to be my only constraint. I think we will be seeing 45s by friday and a possible 44 by monday. As for me I have set my goal at a low 46 even possibly a 45, but that is a huge goal to go with. Well, a valent effort is better then no effort at all!!! I'm out for the night peace :D

had another go T1 21.5 T2 46.8 lost a wee bit of time on the double left hander just before the run up to T2 hit the brakes a bit too early there ..:)

Looks like it won't be much racing for me this summer..

I'm staying with my folks all summer and another TV, another Chair and another DS than I'm used to was just too much! I just want my own TV+chair+DS:(

Anyway, best time so far is T1 22.5 and T2 48.3 (time submitted)

I used the GT40, really like the car but i must say it is a ****in' bastard on this course!

/D

My progress sofar:

I drove my first laptimes with the Ruf RGT, perfectly tuned up to 500BHP.

After 40 laps i managed a 22.5 and 48.4.

Then i tried the R390 road car at 476BHP.
Improved my best lap time after 10 laps with these sectortimes: 22.4 and 48.0

I havent'really messed with the settings on both cars. Just adjusted the downforce, ride height, gears and brakes.

But i still lose almost a second in the first section on Mr P. 0.8 secs in 20 secs is way too much.

So i'm still looking for the perfect car.

Ron says get your arse into the GT40 road car Mischa and show him what you got :P :mischievous:

I'm off for a drive , back later with some sectors and sore thumbs ...

have fun :mischievous:

How could i forget my black beast:)

Drove 15 laps in my GT40 road car, and ended up with the following sectortimes:

21.597 / 46.756

Will "work" on my setup this weekend.

I'm back! with a newer and faster time ...gotta make up for last week's pathetic performance .
I love the car! love the track! and am hoping for a podium ( even with this weeks tough opposition) :mischievous: not chased my new fastest lap yet so I'm unsure as to how far I can push it but even though I'd watch out if I were you's :mischievous: :trouble

Anyway sectors are 21.8 and 46.9

I've had a 21.6 so chances are I can improve ...

Originally posted by made in holland
My progress sofar:
Then i tried the R390 road car at 476BHP.
Improved my best lap time after 10 laps with these sectortimes: 22.4 and 48.0

Yeh I tried that car too and I couldn't believe how good it handles (I only needed to hit brakes at 3 places on the track):D

T1 22.5
T2 48.8

but I think I'm gonna have to look around for another car to even try to get a T2 46:)

Edit:

Damn it where am I goin to get a GT40 Road car

after a 15 lap run today ive got a new slightly un-clean best of of 21.9/47.6 ....I really need to work on my T2's. But hopefully that'll improve w/ more laps. i still really havent put a ton of time into this or my setup yet. Oh, and since its already been mentioned by many and im sure most everyone is using it anyways, im using the GT40 as well. Tried the R390 out and it seems pretty good as well. But it needs the right setup to get there. The GT40 seems to run pretty well right outta the box. Since theres pretty much no shroud of secrecy surrounding this weeks race, anyone who's using the GT40 care to share any of your setups?

New best save 21.5 .. 46.6 seen some 21.4's low but im starting to struggle to find any more pace now..lets just hope i can keep some of you guys honest..Im having a blast this one :mischievous: this may call for a rethink of the setup ...

I see the secrets out :P im also running the GT40 my second choice ;) Cheers Lotus you bad :P :lol: J.K
The first car i wanted to use was the Vanquish but that was a tad on the heavy side..handles sweet though just a bit slow..

Originally posted by noojra

Damn it where am I goin to get a GT40 Road car

The only way to win that car is by winning the GT-All stars in Amateur then its 1 of the 4 cars avaliable along with the Raybrig NSX, Mines Skyline and the Nismo Skyline GT-R R-Tune;)

oh by the way im running a 22.1 and 47.3 hopefully do some more laps over the weekend when i aint workin:mad:

Mucked about more with the setup im starting to find the pace now where i was previously lacking..New best lap with a T2 46.7 allthough slower than my best sectors.. So far it looks promising..:mischievous:

:eek: just noticed it's 530am here :eek: man thats nearly 2 hours i,ve been at it ..i think i will go for a snooze now ..I need to get up in a couple of hours :embarrassed:
Later :)

Just tried a new setup and after a few laps came out w/ a new best of 21.8/47.4, and this one is clean :mischievous:

*EDIT* BLAST!! I just had a 21.6/47.1 , but of course screwed it up on the last turn. grr....

*EDIT #2* Meh. Thats all i have to say. 21.5/46.8, but I dropped 3 of my wheels off the track for a split second. :banghead: Im done for tonight. Ive made some pretty good progress, i'll give it a rest and hit it up again tomorrow

Originally posted by lotus350
Most welcome :P actually blame Ron, he told me to spill the beans :mischievous: :lol:

Nice times Pedro 👍

Well in that case he bad :mischievous: :P :lol:..

Cheers im really pushing hard this week setup wise is really messing with my head ..:confused: my first setup i was getting good sectors but losing bags of time in the last sector..My second setup im losing time on the splits but gaining time on the final sector :confused:

I need to find the right balance on the setup and try and hook these sectors together and im sure to be on a storming lap..My second setup has given me a new record lap :mischievous:..

Back lata with some hopefully better times ...:)

Originally posted by makaveli2k3
The only way to win that car is by winning the GT-All stars in Amateur then its 1 of the 4 cars avaliable along with the Raybrig NSX, Mines Skyline and the Nismo Skyline GT-R R-Tune;)

oh by the way im running a 22.1 and 47.3 hopefully do some more laps over the weekend when i aint workin:mad:

Thanks for the info, I'll see how fast I can run that Tournament.
I think I'll use an F1 to get the job done quicker :D

Remember to do the save trick @ race 9 ;)

Had another go affraid no improvement..I don't think this combo's gonna give up anymore (For me anyways) I've manged to pretty much equal my best lap on three occasions just .021 on one lap .026 on another and .001 on the third ..

Im still trying to fiqure this setup out i tried lowering the ride to minimum the car dos'nt seem to mind :P but still fighting to find the 21.5's and the 4's which i've seen 2/3 times now but messed up later in the lap :mad:

I will try again maybe tommorow but if i don't put up anymore updates i will be submitting my best so far :mischievous:

Good luck everyone :)

Got the GT40 I doesn't handle as good as the R390 but I'm getting a faster lap time with it, even with out T1 and T2 improvements. ( Has any one gotten this car to stop understeering? )

Also, Anyone cares to help me out with a good Transmition and Brake Balance settings.

My car seem to lock up the wheels goin into the first corner.

I'm doin about 170 at the end of the straight, I slam the brakes while on the right just before the rumble strip but the car seems to tail out if I turn too hard to the left ( I think this is why my T1 is only 22.8 or it could be I'm too slow down the straight)

Any Suggestions

Originally posted by Noojra

Got the GT40 I doesn't handle as good as the R390 but I'm getting a faster lap time with it, even with out T1 and T2 improvements. ( Has any one gotten this car to stop understeering? )

Also, Anyone cares to help me out with a good Transmition and Brake Balance settings.

My car seem to lock up the wheels goin into the first corner.

I'm doin about 162 at the end of the straight, I slam the brakes while on the right just before the rumble strip but the car seems to tail out if I turn too hard to the left ( I think this is why my T1 is only 22.8 or it could be I'm too slow down the straight)

well i had another go and managed 21.8 and a 46.6 really gettin the hang of it now

noojra as for your brake balance question try using 13 front and rear its what im using
as for tranny settings all i have done is set it to auto 32 i aint fiddled with the gears individually just yet but my sector times seem ok without fiddling with em

21.827-47.359
yuck.gif

Steaming heap submitted. :lol:

Well, it has been 2 days since I've been on and I was expecting a little more then what I have seen, but that is ok, that leaves me in a better position to catch up. I am still behind everyone now, but somethings came up. I hope I can catch up. off to the races :D

Back