Weekly Race Series, Week 16 - 500 Ponies.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 138 comments
Originally posted by made in holland
Maybe it's a NTSC - PAL difference thingy.
HI made in holland :
:D I think you're CORRECT 👍 Just double-checked my GT40 Road & the trans will only go as far down as 21. HP is @ 491, does this sound about right??? THANX...UB57
:D
BTW: Best times w/MOMO & MT:
T1.....22.018'
T2.....47.416'

491bhp is correct :)

Not bad sector times UB 👍 wish I could use my Momo :( Rons not set it up in it's relocated position yet :irked:

Originally posted by lotus350
491bhp is correct :)

Not bad sector times UB 👍 wish I could use my Momo :( Rons not set it up in it's relocated position yet :irked:

THANX lotus350:
:D I'm still on the "Learning Curve" w/MOMO, but doin' a little better each week. Still don't know how ANY of you drive w/DS2!!! :confused: ...UB57

BTW: Just finished a FUN 2hr @ Rome in a FF ride w/"Gil", will try to get a few more Laps in @ DF before the deadline.

Ok Mr P now stands for Mr Pressure :( :(

been hitting 21.1's and 46.1's ........ but my arse goes at the downhill after T2 every time i check my sector :embarrassed:

best save has a low 46.3 T2 :( could have had more! .. but i'll leave it there and hate myself for pasting Kels gears for Holland to slap me about with :irked:

Ojk :D well done man

and how quickly you nailed it after trying the new gears ;) top job :cool: laters

Originally posted by Mr P

and how quickly you nailed it after trying the new gears ;) top job :cool: laters

Actually, the only gearchange i made was lowering the Final Gear to 2.990 I used auto 30 for the other gears.

It was the rest of the settings that worked so well for me:)

Wasn't really too interested in this week's race, I hate Deep Forest for some reason.:confused:

Anyway early in the week I tried running the TVR Griffith, RX7 RZ, and a coulple variations of the R34...It kind of defeats the purpose of doing a HP cap race when the ony car that has a prayer of keeping up is the GT40 since it has rear D/F available adn extremely low CG and HP/weight. So today I just plugged in Pedro's susp setts and ran 15 or 20 laps to have somethng to submit, got T's of a lousy 22.3/47.9 and I can't really see getting more than .750 off that even if I practiced a while.

I tried to plug in Kelly's gears but something is very screwed up here... My full race trans allows my to go down to auto 18 and final of 2.990, but I can't adjust the individual gears properly, I almost get there and then the computer makes that buzzing sound and won't let me adjust further. :confused:

But any way I haven't really run much since Tuesday at all since I was getting tired of testing cars out for 2 weeks straight, just to have everyone end up using the same car in the end. Oh well, every race can't satisfy everyone every week, so I'll just turn in my lousy time and take my lumps:embarrassed:

BTW, nice setup Pedro! I wish I could get Kelly's gears to work, but I doubt it would make much difference as this is probably my worst track as far as lap times are concerned. Good luck everyone, see you all next week (I forgot next week starts tomorrow:P)

Well I beat my time! got some nice sectors and should have been a faster total but!.... oh well :D

Saved lap:
21.401 / 46.509 that's me done with this now, time to submit 👍

@CFM Don't worry so much about the gears I not too sure how I got to them either, I was just messin around and I think I done the tranny trick then made single gear adjustments from there. But Holland has shown they weren't all that afterall :D

I predict there to be some real close racing in the results :sly:

:cheers: see you all next round. :)

Well, I have to say, I am running the wrong car. I did not go through the effort to get the GT40 this week and that was a big mistake. Though I am under ranked in the car, I am wondering how I will do in the final results. Is anyone else running the R390 btw???

i had a go just for fun in a merc CL600 and actually got a 21.7 T1 but it ended up being 2 secs down in the end. mind you with some proper tuning that car could have done well especially since i reckon no-one even contemplated trying it out lol

I dont think its an NTSC/PAL thing because Im using NTSC and I can go down to an auto 18 w/ my tranny. And for the gears, first put the final gear all the way to the right, then the auto all the way to the left. adjust the individual gears, then bring the final gear back to 2.990 or whatever it was. Took me a few to figure that one out haha. Ive got the setup that MR. P posted saved but havent tried it out yet, got a few hours before the deadline yet so im hopefull that i'll get some improvement. It actually wasnt THAT much different than the setup i was using before (i was using the same setup i used from the GT40 race car one we did some weeks back) I hope i can come out w/ somthing good!

submitting time, unfortunately the PS2 is currently being used for a movie here. . . I actually have a sweat shop going on here and they are using it for entertainment while they lamenate things. . . Hopefully I can jump on it before time is up.

I am curios to see how the R390 will stand up to the Wicked GT40. I know it is not going to be anywhere near the times I should be laying down, but I have to deal.

Honestly speaking I wasn't going to send any time this week but after I tried Kelly's settings WOW I beat my best time by almost 2 seconds

Thanks a lot for shareing that info both you and Mr Pressure :D

T1 22.0 I got a 21.9 but I screwdup
T1 27.7

See yawll new round:D

Stick a Fork in Me...I'm Done!!!
:D Most of Mr P's chassis set-up w/My trans set yielded:
T1...21.914'
T2...46.708'
Time sent...UB57
PS..."Good Luck" to anyone else still running @ this hour!!!

total crap this week...

I mean, TOTAL CRAP.

If I had a smilie of someone taking a dump, I would put it just above my final time to show what a heaping, steaming, pile of excrament it really is.

Sending it in to boom now... (now to see if he can handle the smell)

Originally posted by GoKents
total crap this week...

I mean, TOTAL CRAP.

If I had a smilie of someone taking a dump, I would put it just above my final time to show what a heaping, steaming, pile of excrament it really is.

Sending it in to boom now... (now to see if he can handle the smell)
wc.gif

dito.gif

or see avatar for more info :lol:

bah. sent my time in. not bad, but coulda been a lot better. came out w/ a 21.7/46.9. im about outta time here, got a last minute call to go see 2 fast 2 furious. haha. i was almost considering blowing it off, but i havent been to a movie in a LOONG time. gotta come outta my hole somtimes i guess :)

Boom:
Results shortly. Suggestions for next week?

Hmmm. mabye a race with a FR car with T2 or T3 tires restriction and asm tcs off? that could be interesting and very different from the three races i've ran so far with grippy T7:s or T8:s..

/D

Back