Weekly Race Series, Week 18

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 217 comments
how do you take the first tunnel? apparently 125 + @^^&@@& mph isn't good enough.

Thanks for the tip Mr.P, I didn't realize the Replay Manager had that function as well.:dunce:

Here's my setup for the C5R I was using:

11/14
75/80
10/10/10/10
2.5/1.8
0/0
5/7

24/24

LSD 10/35/20

Auto 28

Final 3.050

D/F 1.00/1.20

ASM 0
TCS 3

Pretty stable setup for me, at least I think it is...
:lol: Anyway, works well on the enitire track except the first hairpin,no amount of tuning will solve that problem,only excellent technique will.;)

I always appreciate feedback on my setups, let me know if it "rulez" or if it "blows", it may help me tune better with any suggestions I.E. too loose/too tight, traction problems, etc. Maybe someone will get some use out of it.:P

Originally posted by Talentless
i'm hitting the rev limiter with your set up. i'll lower the fdr
i think I touched it once or twice also, i was only about 95% done with the setup. I didn't experiment with the brake balance yet, so check that out too if necessary.:)

Yeah, I'd considered doing that, but haven't yet.

only change is a 2.8 final drive ratio.

20.304/37.107

I like the fact that cfm posted settings, but my settings for the vette are a bit different.

I use alot of oversteer techniques to get my vette going...

springs * 8/17
toe -2/-2
(*approximatly)

My ride hieght is lower and the rest of the settings could be anything. (just dont remember)

I notice that times are coming down in general; way to go fellas.

Back with some of my own updates soon enough, but at the moment I am running the viper and the vette, but soon Im gonna be running the jag and the skyline just to see them turn in some reasonable times... they should be able to keep up. (maybe not win, but atleast keep up)

im lookin at your guys settings and you kno i just came to the conclusion i dont like this track backwards at all. im not sure if the viper is the best so im tryin the panoz tonight but the turns before the first tunnel are crazy i just cant get them clean alot or "consisten" and i have tooo much understeer?/?????/?

Finally I got a 20.4 / 37.3 but then I screw the last turn and hit the wall :banghead: no big I just try again right?

Then I get 20.2 and 37.2 and screw it up AGAIN! :mad:
bigmouth.gif
WWWHHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm gonna lie down for a while :(

Finally hit a new bench mark...

I was pulling constant 20.5 -> 36.9 but just now I started concentrating my efforts on the viper alone.

This paid off because I hit the 20.2 -> 36.6

That was a fast lap that ended .5 ahead of my lap before it.

I know I will be able to beat this new lap too, but its not gonna be in an orthodox way...

It will probably be on a slower t1 but a faster t2.

Maybe a 20.3 -> 36.5 or another 20.2 that is just more controlled.

What ever the case, I will be back when I mark another notch on my gt gun.

-------------------
edit:

I wanted to post settings for anyone using the viper trying to break into that 36 area.

6/18 springs
55/55 ride hieght
10/10 bound
10/10 rebound
2.5/2.0 camber
-2.0/-2.0 toe
6/7 stabilizers

9/9 brakes (I could use advice for this area... I never know what to do with brakes)

5/5/5 lsd
tranny is for you to do on your own... what ever you top out at needs to be at the end of the longest stretch

max down force
0 asm
3 or 4 tcs... yeah its an ego killer, but I would rather have a dead ego and a fast time than a kickin' ego and a crap time)

Sorta hope that helps... (I dont know if I like the idea of helping my competition)

yea i might try those but i just had a very long time spent with my viper tuning and all that junk almost to long on this track with all the understeer and hitting walls but i think i have achevied my final race pace lap with t1 at 20.135 and t2 at 37.126. i am gonna try more this weekend but that is it for me so far im tired of this track

Originally posted by GoKents
Finally hit a new bench mark...

I was pulling constant 20.5 -> 36.9 but just now I started concentrating my efforts on the viper alone.

This paid off because I hit the 20.2 -> 36.6

That was a fast lap that ended .5 ahead of my lap before it.

I know I will be able to beat this new lap too, but its not gonna be in an orthodox way...

It will probably be on a slower t1 but a faster t2.

Maybe a 20.3 -> 36.5 or another 20.2 that is just more controlled.

What ever the case, I will be back when I mark another notch on my gt gun.

-------------------
edit:

I wanted to post settings for anyone using the viper trying to break into that 36 area.

6/18 springs
55/55 ride hieght
10/10 bound
10/10 rebound
2.5/2.0 camber
-2.0/-2.0 toe
6/7 stabilizers

9/9 brakes (I could use advice for this area... I never know what to do with brakes)

5/5/5 lsd
tranny is for you to do on your own... what ever you top out at needs to be at the end of the longest stretch

max down force
0 asm
3 or 4 tcs... yeah its an ego killer, but I would rather have a dead ego and a fast time than a kickin' ego and a crap time)

Sorta hope that helps... (I dont know if I like the idea of helping my competition)
GoKents - I'll give them a bash - I discovered I prefer the Oreca over the Vette but I still havent tried the Mazda yet
me times are still highish 21 and highish 37 - another run tonight tho with the setts abv or with the Mazda might bring the times down a bit hopefully

does anyone have any suggestions on how to take the two turns after the first straight? i cant get it clean very well i always touch grass on my right front wheel when i go down the drop off?

I brake to 145-150 early enough to ride the lefthand rumble strip, then I brake again to 125 to 130 and clip the rightside rumble strip. For the turn just out of the tunnel, I brake early to about 53-58, making sure I clip the inside of the turn, and put it into the next gear as soon as I can.

Oh, it's possible to enter the tunnel without having to brake a second time.

I can almost get through there using just throttle lifts, but not quite. Need to work on it just a bit more to get it down better. Even then I could probably only do it like 1 out of 10 tries.

That first turn for me varies all the time and one some of the better laps I just coast it out for a sec and usually it leads into a bit of gas while in 5th, followed by major braking to do that next turn.

No news in terms of updated times.

@BEPM now that the enzo has obliterated the vaunted mclaren f1 it's time for an avatar change ;)

P.S. talentless, you run this joint, please get me an ENZO avatar. PLEASE. nothing is even close to this masterpiece (see new issue of road & track)

P.S. SUB ONE MINUTE IN LISTER STORM

P.S. SUB ONE MINUTE IN LISTER STORM

1. You're scary.

2. Boom runs this area.

3. I don't know how to make an Enzo avatar. I just look for small pics.

4. The Enzo's ugly.

Btw, I did skim that article. I was more taken by the S7. Close performance to the Enzo.

Then again ! Kel just said its 900+hp :confused: possibly :odd: i'll try this tonight just in case :P

Back