Weekly Race Series, Week 18

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 217 comments
(group): -Hello, Max.

:confused:

Submitting time w the Esperante. Still t2 37.6.. Improved the lap-time only 0.08s from the first session.. (!)

/D

i'm in the low 62's for total time. that's not revealing too much, i think. could maybe get under 62 sec. but not by much.

BEPM, any new times yet?

Oh, the game tv is being used. Somethings rattling in my controller, hard to tell if the functions are damaged. That'll teach the controller to know that when I want to turn, it better damn well turn, and it's going to get the hammer fist of justice.

My clean lap in the Viper:

T1: 20.5
T2: 37.2

I've also been enjoying the RX-7 a lot (I've also tried the S2000 and the Calsonic).

I'm curious about how the fast runners are a second ahead of me at T1. Max E. mentioned that the first two turns can be taken without braking (I'm assuming that means just lifting off, instead). I can make the first turn by lifting off, but I have to brake a little bit for the second turn, or else I slide sideways into the dirt on the outside in the tunnel.

Any tips for improving T1?

Max E. is a drunk bum who like to make ridiculous claims like he invented the question mark.

also he is a slimy douche who has'nt run a single lap in any of the above mentioned cars and enjoyed a cruel laugh at everybody's expense in claiming to run under a minute in that complete kack wagon, the lister storm.

furthermore Max E. is ugly and also a complete egomaniac who's whole existance revolves around lying to people about how pretty he is. he is also dum.

Apparently Luxy is very gullible :lol: :lol:

And apparently your third-person disease is rubbing off on Luxy, Max :D

Best Clean T's

T1 20.2 (Meh)
T2 37.2 (I just cant get a 36)

I got a 37.1 but AGAIN i *@#$%&! on the last corner :mad:

When ever I see a good T2 I try to take the last corner too deep and :banghead:, well you know the rest

BTW any body has tips on how to take the long turn before tunnel 2 *PLEASE help*:D

On that long turn before the tunnel...

Just stay to the inside during the whole turn and go from there... take it with the proper line and the speed will follow as you get better at using the proper arc of the whole turn.

For myself, I am going in from the far left, ending up on the complete inside next to the rumbles, but not on them. Half throttle from there for only a sec, then at the right point (which you will learn as you get the turns line right) go full throttle.

Thats basically what I did...

Learn the line and the speed will follow.

Havent touched this for a couple days so decided to have a go tonight. started chasing my ghost for the first time tonight and actually got a new best lap w/ 20.0/36.4, but its about .200 better than my previous lap. I think this lap is gonna be hard to beat (for me) but you can bet your exhaust pipes im gonna be tryin :)

i hate racing my ghost. i can hardly see at times and the handling seems to worsen.

i know, its usually the same way for me. ive GOT to be ahead of my ghost after the main straight cuz if its in front of me going into the first turn i cant line myself up properly. If i can stay ahead of him for that usually the rest of my lap is pretty good

oh my god....i just had a 19.7/36.3....but totally screwed up my line on the last turn...GAAHH!!! I was gonna call it quits after that lap too...grrrrrrrr

This race sucks... I'll give it 5 laps when I get home and submit my sucky sucky time. Best clean T2 @ 39 something.. Hate this friggin' track :grumpy:

On a slightly lighter note ! - FCK won the danish football championship last night with a 4-1 victory !... WE RULE !

heh yea for sure i have like 3 but are all on a Hub or splitter or whatever you call it the thing where the Lan cables go into but anyway the computer is slow some times????/?

Is anyone else having trouble logging on to GTP? The last few days it seems about impossible to log on most of the time, keep getting no response from the server.:confused: I had to try on and off for like 3 hours just to log on so I could sent in my time.:irked:

guys, if you take one piece of advice from me, PLEASE don't race your ghosts unless they are slow ghosts.

if you are trying to literally race a ghost and it's all over you there's no way you can focus on the lap when you got yourself all over your own ass.

what i do is run a few laps and get a halfway decent ghost, then guage my progress by how bad i'm punishing it on the circuit map.

most of the time though, i don't use a ghost at all, infact i curse myself for all the time wasted running with ghosts at all. plus, if you get fast times without the ghost, i found pretty quickly that your race times will more closely resemble your free run times if you run them free of that crutch.

g'luck

thnx maxe for the help and the results for week 18 and the rules for 19 will come out tonight right? im leaving on a trip and i wont have internet for the week until thurs i think.

i dunno what time zone wisconson is in. the results are scheduled to come out in + 8 hrs 45 minutes. i'm sticking with my time. not as good as i'd like, but it'll do. my right thumb needs a rest.

I predict I'll end up in midpack amateur. I'm mostly curious about where I place among the other, if any, C5R drivers.

Hi All,
I was just adding up my sector times,when I noticed that the analyzer time,and the time displayed on the graph ,are different by.034 .Added up, the sector times =the faster(and correct) number.Which time do I post? This is the same on all the saves I looked at.
Anyone else noticed this?
Thanks,
cinjun8

That's a glitch in the game. When you go to load a replay, whatever the time stated in the save file at the bottom of the screen BEFORE you load the file is the correct (slower) time.

Thanks CFM,never noticed that before.
I hope I did better than last week,so far a T1 of 20.8,
T2 of 37.1.
I am off to try again.
Thanks
cinjun8

Back