Weekly Race Series, Week 19 - Wet 'n Wild

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 167 comments
It should be a close finnish though with most of us ;)
Allthough there is a nasty curse that has been with me every race i call it the "pedro curse"

Basically i have been able to match most of the top runners sectors only to find out that im slower in the last section when the results are posted :irked:

Managed to get a 44.9 and I dont think I will try to beat that time.
I know I could If only I could get a better T1 so far the best is 23.7

BTW what speed are you guys going at the end of the straight ?

I'm about 175 MPH

Hey, just checkin in. Got some really fast T times out there. Good work everyone.

Currently I'm sittin at:

T1: 23.2
T2: 44.0

Settings used:

14.5/18.8
50/60
6/6
9/9
2.8/1.6
-.5/.5
3/5
16/10
5/5/5
Auto: 31
Max DF
ASM: 0
TCS: 2

This is starting to become a personal challenge now, so much more time to get but the bugger won’t let me have it. I’ve managed a T1 23.098 that shocked the hell out of me and ended up panicking and then messed up the chicane :( I must be doing something wrong in Sector 2 because so Far my best T2 has been 44.1 even though I’m getting good T1 times but you guys feel that there should be another possible .3 to come off that time, any advice???

need lap advice badly.

car moves like truck with high springs, how do you guys use them?

I'll tell you what, when it rains here it bloody pours :(

I did a storming run that beat my best time by .2 but alas I hit a wall so I viewed the replay to see if I could pick up some pointers and then continued to do another run, this time I was behind the invalid run all through T1 and T2 but made up time where the ghost hit the wall and then lost time entering the sharp right hander before the tunnel and ended up neck n neck through the tunnel only to be beaten by .003 but at least it was clean, just.

The problem I now have is that I can't save the damn replay because I didn't beat the invalid ghost run, I've recorded the replay on VHS at all angles, with and without the invalid ghost and the settings plus I have the invalid run save to prove I can do it but I suppose that won't be good enough??

Mind you, it's not as if it's going to be the best time here anyway.

Going to have one final shot at it later if time permits.

Sphinx.

submitted my time. I only worked one day on this so im sure my time will reflect it, but i just wanted to submit any kinda time this week my best sectors were 24.0/45.3, good luck to everyone! It seems like everyones gettin some pretty good times!

i'm off by at least .2, but i'm probably not going to try any longer.

the best t1 I can remember was 23.541.
t2 was 44.4xx.

with 23.7xx t1s i can manage 44.4xx t2s, so i guess 23.5xx/44.2xx is possible, maybe 44.1.

I expect to be off by about .45 or worse, which means i'm of by 1.25

This race is freakin' me.
I can't seem to get the T's and final to shake hands.
The trend is slower T2's and faster finals.
I suppose that's better than the other way 'round. ;)
New best: 23.437-44.204
Another .3-.4 in there. Though, I'm afraid, I've hit the wall.
splat.gif

I'll make an "eleventh hour" attempt, after I get back from the market. Mmmmm fooood. food food food
drumstick.gif
:D
pizza.gif

I had one last go at this and improved my time by .017 woohoo :D Sectors are worse I think ...23.9 / 44. 7 submitting time now 👍

Good luck all :cheers:

Well I'm done I must say this weeks race was very challenging for me. I cant believe ppl are getting 43's. :embarrassed:

The best I could do was a 44.963 And that was late in the week with Mr P setup. :irked:

BTW thanks for all those tips and setups ppl I'm looking around on ebay to get me a Steering wheel and a SPort so I can start posting my replays and looking at yawls :D

Anywayz untill next race 👍

Looking at all these sectors i can see i have been taught a lesson by some awesome wet drivers ;)
i tried to hit that 1.xx.500 time Link was on about but i was never really a contender here :embarrassed: i'm a good .5 off that time :D i had a faster save once but an unfortunate tap messed it up.
Congrats to the 3 who grab the podium and looks like its a fight between Drew , Link , Boom and Oliver
well done guys :cool: cyas next round maybe :mischievous:

Yea, I don't know how soon we will know what races and cars things will be for TORC because I plan to eliminate all other OLR so I can do that comp ;)

MrP I think you will like my time, too bad you can't see the replay... the crap part is,
T1 - 23.3xx (PB of 23.193)
T2 - 43.995 (That is PB, but I know 43.700 was possible)

Luckily I found another 0.300 or so in teh final sector tonight, so I shaved a good 0.600 off of what I had before tonight :D:D:D:D

I also have 3 replays to upload tomorrow... they are so close together, and it shows most of the 0.350 I left on the track!

Well my times in :) I’m a little disappointed because there is much more time I could have got but it just wasn’t to be I'm afraid :(

10 Minutes remaining.

I think that seems to be how everyone feels.

There is just more time in there to come off but it just doesn't want to. :irked:

I know that I had at least another .300 to take off but it just wasn't happening for me.

Back