Weekly Race Series, Week 19 - Wet 'n Wild

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 167 comments
I have been running a few laps today with the MOMO:D I'm much better with the wheel it seems :cool: best sectors are 23.7 / 44.8 pretty naf but I'm in my target zone for lap time. I did hit the wall at T2 coz the damn pedals slid from me :banghead: soon as I sort the base out I should kill this ghost nae bother :mischievous: :mischievous:

Well everyone...

I might get my chance to race some today, but at the moment Im in quite the bind.

This is the busiest week I have worked yet and unlike my usual schedule, Im working 6 days of the week this week, with a nice double shift on friday (yesterday) to set in the exhaustion nicely.

Talk to you all next time I do any racing, but for now... catch you later.

I wanted to spend some serious time on this one this weekend.

But my DS2 decided that he had enough and died. As it was my last one, and i can't buy a new one before tuesday, i won't be able to race this week.

Hi All,
Looks like I picked a bad week to go to the wheel.My friend has a Logitech Blue wheel he has let me borrow.I was just starting to really get into it,when I come down with the stomach flu.
This game is so realistic,I still cant practice for long because I get motion sick.(97degrees yesterday)I am faster with the wheel,and it doesnt have any of the paddle problems I have heard about,but I just cant play right now.Bummer,this weeks race is awesome.My time is going to be bad.Oh well.

See ya later
cinjun8

Originally posted by lotus350
You have been into your settings and changed them after running that lap and now you have to beat that lap before you can save ;)

Thanks. God I hate being a newbie :banghead:

From memory, here is my set up (I may be off in some areas)

7/9
50/50
8/8
8/8
2.7/1.7
0.5/-0.5
3/3
15/13
10/20/15
auto 30
max df
tcs: 5

Originally posted by lotus350
I have been running a few laps today with the MOMO:D I'm much better with the wheel it seems :cool: best sectors are 23.7 / 44.8 pretty naf but I'm in my target zone for lap time. I did hit the wall at T2 coz the damn pedals slid from me :banghead: soon as I sort the base out I should kill this ghost nae bother :mischievous: :mischievous:

lotus and her momo. Unbeatable.:eek:

T1. 23.776
T2. 47.xxx

That's as far as I'll be going this week. I'm trying to finish up my S licence.

:banghead: Dumb question I know but its been so long since I ran in the weekly race series I've forgotten what to do with my time :irked: Do I still send it via PM to Boom? ;)

No major improvements with sector times but did manage an overall lap improvement 👍

My ultimate goal is eluding me big time :irked: just pulled a new fastest laps from a T2 of 44.4 the overall lap was .1 faster than my best..

If only i could hook the kind of sectors i was getting yesterday there is easily .8 up for grabs im sure of it ..But who's gonna get there first..?

Even if i don't get it by the deadline this is a race im gonna keep running until i crack it , im just having a blast with this one :D

your not alone man :embarrassed: struggling to reach my target too , done it last night to find i had a too close to call scenario at the double left after T1 :( i say its clean kel says its too close :rolleyes: anyway just keep plodding on mate

laters

Im pretty sure a T2 of 43.7 or there abouts is well possible from as T1 23.1 i've managed it twice allready but keep on fookin up :mad:

Im not too sure how good my lap is (time wise) from the 44.4 run even though its faster than my best , I've got a feeling im a wee bit off the pace from you guys on the last section..

I will keep plodding on :D

I've had a few very minor incidents on the double left , my right rear has ridden the kerb but not quite hit the wall ,but im not sure if thats allowed or not so i had to bin those runs
Im starting to get fussy now any minor touches i scrap the lap and start again..

Best CLEAN LAP! :D 23.8 / 44. 7

Target achieved, but I want more!!!
racer.gif

:D I screwed it on the left after T2 :mischievous:

That wee driving smilies class :lol: Not to shabby times wise that Momo action..? I suck with wheels i allways oversteer and bounce off of everything that there is to hit when using wheels :embarrassed:..

And i dont have that trouble with a real car :D

Yeah Momo action it is ! :cool:

I improved my clean save by.2 :D

T1 - 23.777 / T2 - 44.630
That will probably be my final time I can't see me pushing to get the .5 more that I want :(

The faster I go the behinder I get.
Every new save I examine shows more time to come off.
So, I run it again and improve, only to see that there's even more to come off than before.
It's a vicious cycle.

Though I could use the money(dropped a bunch of cash last week), I am sort of glad that I was rescheduled.
I have improved by .9 from my first save(which I thought was good :embarrassed: ).
I would have been slaughtered(not to say I still won't be :lol: ).

Anyway...new best 23.466-44.087. Previously 23.311-43.998

Pedro is correct. I have seen 43.789, but..........:banghead:
Obviously, I have a ways to go.

Anyone doing 4.6xx@sector6? (Hairpin)
Once and now I can't get within .2.

FWIW: Changed LSD to: 10/60/30 maybe that's why (sect.6) :confused:

Thanks for listening. I'll be here all week. Tip your waitperson and don't forget about the kitchen.:D

Man the race is really screwing with my head :irked:
Managed to get the 23.3 and the 44.2 back into a best lap another.1 towards my target :irked:
But theres so much more i could get i know it :(

I know exactly what your saying ODP i find this every time i look at the replays :irked: where im slower on some laps at the first sector im finding pace on the later parts and vice versa.

Must say im really looking forward to seeing the results as everyone seems to be having the same bother..

I wish i could just get that double left better and i would get that 44.0 or better that i so want :irked:

OK i surrender this is not gonna give up anymore for me :irked: ,so time submitted to Boom..No improvement on the time in my last post..i hope i get a no bad place for my debut race with the PRO's we'll have to wait and see, but no podium im sure :D

Good luck everyone

I got a quick race I ahve to put together to make sure that I clinch the "series" title, and then I am onto this one, I am determined to get a lap save with one of those 43.7 or 8's that you r talking abotu pedro, and I know what a good "limit" is for final lap time :D... it looks kinda like this:
1:xx.500 :D

No dont go any faster let me win :P :lol:
Good luck on your quest ML i know they are there and within my skill limit ,but it just wont let me have it :irked:

I think i will finnish somewhere in the middle :)

I have to make a strong showing though, this is my first race :D, plus I would hate to have put in enough effort to top the "qualifying" list, just so I can "cruise" around in the PRO division :D:D:P:P

Latest Posts

Back