Weekly Race Series, Week 19 - Wet 'n Wild

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 167 comments
trink4.gif

Ron-Kel

:lol:

Only at weekend mind ;) I aint an alky :indiff:

:lol: that will be me soon enough..

The GF just got home with more beer for me yay..im on a mission to get drunk again :P

Lucky sod, I'm out
dong.gif

Must stop spamming these race threads on a friday night :D

sorry everyone

schleich.gif

Appologies peeps :embarrassed:

Hey i just had a 💡, why don't we start a weekly racers chat thread ,saves all the cluter in the race threads ..

I just have to say, I'm really struggling with my setup. :( Does any of you top racers out there care to share your's with me :D

20.0 / 19.0
50 / 60
8 /8
10 /1 0
3.0 / 1.5
0.5 / -0.5
3/ 4

10 /10
5/5/5
1.00/1.23
asm 0 tcs 6

gears auto 36 final 4.084

Hope it helps someone ;)

Laters 👍

Originally posted by pedrodaman

Hey i just had a 💡, why don't we start a weekly racers chat thread ,saves all the cluter in the race threads ..

Go ahead and start one :P I hate having to scatter all my spammy posts around the forum :D

:D i would but would anyone use it ..?

Whoa that was quick settings posted up allready nice one 👍
I will get mine up tommorow..;)

I'm sure peeps would enjoy just some general chit chat among fellow racers in the racing section, it makes sense to have one :) That's my opinion anyway.

I think it would be good also we could call it the "Pitstop" eh..? U like :P

Maybe i should clear it with Boom first :)

Originally posted by Talentless
(my thumper is mostly better, though my right wrist is bothering me) i need advice.

Stop chokin yer chicken :D :lol: thats my advice :P :mischievous:

My sched. got pushed, so....23.383-44.214 re-re-submitted.

I can't seem to progress during a session. I do my best laps right at the start and then waste my time futilely trying to improve. :irked:
My previous lap started with 3mi. on the clock.
My current lap started with 11mi..

@boom: Have you been getting multiple PM's from me? I delete 'em, but I wonder.

Whoa that was quick settings posted up allready nice one 👍
I will get mine up tommorow..;)

Yeah, I would. Im going to get back into racing next week (doing photoshops atm). Dont like having to go through alot of people talking about T times and setups and other junk like that just to see what other people have to say........or maybe I meant that the other way around :lol:...

Originally posted by Mr P
20.0 / 19.0
50 / 60
8 /8
10 /1 0
3.0 / 1.5
0.5 / -0.5
3/ 4

10 /10
5/5/5
1.00/1.23
asm 0 tcs 6

gears auto 36 final 4.084

Hope it helps someone ;)

Laters 👍

Damn this is a good setup, I just beat my lap time by over a second and I'm finaly getting T2's 45.3 :mischievous:

But I think coming in too hard after T1 and I'm messing up my line for the tunnel. I'm having a lot of trouble in that tunnel If its not oversteer its understeer and I'm not consistant. :(

Then again maybe its because I'm not good at night tracks and Wet tracks and that I'm using Auto TM with the DS2 controller :dopey:

Geting back into this one finally... and I was wrong before about getting from T1 to T2 in nearly 20 seconds flat... it was 21 seconds flat (give or take)

But new splits are more like this:

23.4xx - .7xx
44.3xx - .7xx

And my best clean lap is quite a bit slower than that... glad I am the "last minute" type... ;)

Okay... done for now... will be back later, as I just realized another 0.6 seconds are in it from me :D

PB splits (none saved yet :()

I know that there is a 43.8 in the T2 for me, but that T1 I cannot beat, I can only come close to it.

Had a few more laps in the mugen last night ...

best sectors of 23.2 / 44.0 over the session , but not in best lap :(

23.4/44.2 is in my best save so far ... but i did take a fraction off towards my target :irked:

they say its unlucky for some ! i'm finding my goal very ellusive :embarrassed:

here's a good one for you guys to have a wee laugh at :D

I ran an absolutely flying lap through T1 on 23.3 clean as a whistle flying through T2 on a 44.015 take the next section so sweet and perfect turn through the last few sections , took the last tunnel at over 195km flat out and was easy .3-4 ahead of my ghost ! only to hit the wall after exiting the tunnel :embarrassed: :embarrassed: you know the very last wall possible to hit ? ... i hit it :banghead:

It would have been in the bag :irked: instead its in the bin :D

I'll try 1 more session before the end 👍

Laters

Had another go last night still no improvment on my 23.3 44.2
However i did see some blazing sectors 23.165 43.9 :eek: was absolutly flying ,but pissed it doon the crapper being too cockey trying to take the schicane at T2 at full pelt ,what a complete dumbass :mad: :banghead: i did complete the lap just to see what i would get and it was .5 faster than my best :eek:

I will try again later to see if i can get these hooked up again ..

After seeing sectors like that im hungry for more :mischievous:

BTW Got my X-port today @ 9am so im chuffed :D
as soon as my mate gets back i will get it hooked up ;)

Apparently some dude @ GT by numbers has succesfully achieved what im about to attempt so it sounds promising..

Cheers :)

To be honest it was not at all what i was expecting..

Two bits of cable, a wee junction doofler and two CD's
Ah well as long as it works :)

Well I met my over all goal for the week with a clean 23.6 / 44.3 run. I might try some more the next 2 days because I did see a T2 of 44.1 during one of my runs with a wall tap...I might go back to working on my TT's though, depends on how I feel.

Mr.P's setup is really opposite of what I am running, yet we btoh have rather close splits. He has those springs maxed out and mine are really soft. I don't have my setup written down but if I remember I think it was:

5.5/10.0
55/70
10/10/10/10
2.5/1.8
0/0
6/7

24/20

LSD 5/50/5

D/F 1.00/1.20

TCS 4

Gears I don't remember but it was just a simple auto setup which I didn't modify since it was perfect as is. If I remember I'll write the exact setts down but I know these are real close.

Slip sliding away....

:( (literally)

I don't understand, no matter how I try I just don't understand. I rarely get 23.8. Why? This game will kill me.

I don't believe this, I have just got my best clean time but I went to save it and I find the save button shaded out so I'm unable to save it. What's going on? Yes, I have my memory card in slot one.

Originally posted by Sphinx
I don't believe this, I have just got my best clean time but I went to save it and I find the save button shaded out so I'm unable to save it. What's going on? Yes, I have my memory card in slot one.

You have been into your settings and changed them after running that lap and now you have to beat that lap before you can save ;)

For thge first sector....

You want to be turning inslightly and braking just as you pass the end of pit lane (where that wall ends). Brake all teh way down to about 73 mph (117 km/h), and then get back on the throttle pretty heavy, steering it into the inside wall without hitting it. Now, depending on your gears you should be able to get up to about 96-98 mph (154-158) and then back on the brakes down to 63ish mph (101) and you want to go over as much of that big wide rumble strip as you can. And get onto the throttle gently just before you go over this strip, once you are over the rumble strip, it is flat out until the turn after T1 :D

Hope that helps 👍

PS: Setup modifications (bolded):

8.5 / 20.0
45 / 45
6 / 9
7 / 10
2.9 / 1.5
0.0 / -2.0
5 / 7
21 / 24
5 / 5 / 5

gears still :confused: