Weekly Race Series, Week 2 - Desert Vette's

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 300 comments
Originally posted by miata13B
Anyone have any suggestions which line to take on the first and last turn?
yah i take it full speed slam the brakes and turn the car sideways and eassy go into the checkerred flag:loL::D

my second lap t2 was 36.701 :lol:

if i do this it'll will be difficult as i am less experienced with this track than with tm (i've never been that fond of this track, or of the skylines for that matter, two very popular things in gt for some time, as i understand it), and because a brother is busy with a hack sign game.

i did try the car out a day or two ago, but i frankly don't see much time dropping. can any one tell me the best coner speeds and launch rpm? one thing i hate aout the blister buttons is that they are much inferior to the sticks for launching.

speeds through turns from memory.

t1 48-57

t2 85-87

t3 104-108

t4 usually in the 80s but i can take it over 90 or about 90 with acceleration if i remember correctly

t5 (uphill) 130/131 if i don't over do it

t6 unsure, but i think about 50 to 55

t7 i don't quite remember

penultimate turn varies, but i can do it near 90 more or less

last turn about 48 i brake at the number 2, of those little white signs, down from 4th to 2nd gear.

o, am i too fast or slow?

shoot i thought my t2 was really fast but u guyz are blowin it away my best t2 was 35.6xx but this was in the race unlike free run lol!

Originally posted by Talentless
if i do this it'll will be difficult as i am less experienced with this track than with tm (i've never been that fond of this track, or of the skylines for that matter, two very popular things in gt for some time, as i understand it), and because a brother is busy with a hack sign game.
---------------------------------

Yea, right about now I almost feel bad for ya.

I see your situation which leaves you in a messed up position.

In one way you are just an amatuer
(no offense intended, purely based on qualify times)

But at the same time, your an amatuer who managed to beat 70% of the pros on the last race, so now you have left an impression on everyone and "must" live up to that status as the underdog pro.

Good luck dude.

I personally hope that whatever happens I can be stuck in your draft and just stay along for the ride.

Maybe we can both ride it into the pro class.

Or should I say, maybe I can make it while you clear the path...?

Originally posted by meeekael
........anger...... dont want to do this one.......but can't let dodge beat me.......decisions.....desicions.

Yea i'll probably have a go at it on friday, saturday and sunday.....Dad wont let me on the PS2 during school days........brain must rest

ill repeat this NEW ZEALAND=-1 AUSTRALIA=0

Go team me
Damn that corkscrew, I tell ya.

My L1 T2 was 39.3** and L2 T2 36.991. Stuffed up the first lap, jagged the second. But I reckon I can do better.

well, I'm not one to say what my ranking I should be. mr p and some others can comment, as can boom. as for my qual race, well, i've always been slower at midfield than i'd like, but, had i wanted to allow a cheat time i would have been fifth and within the pros. i'm usually slower than mr p, whom is not "human" if you ask me, i mean that in the nicest way, by 1-2 seconds.

ask others if i'm an amateur, i'm not going there, just giving facts. my legitimate time was 1:24.216, about there.

well, whatever my ranking, i do need help with the corners.

first race completed

majiik is running very hard here, hope i can nip him at the line

Now honestly, that's not nice - I actually thought that you couldn't get those times, but you tricked me!
boxedin.gif

sandstorm, a lap 1 39 t2 is'nt possible. and even if it was, i don't think your second lap t2 would be so slow (relatively speaking)

and as for the furom link sig, i think it's clever.

First impressions: Oh yeah, now I remember why I don't ever drive the C5R! :ouch:

This one's gonna take some work!

L1-T2 Low 43.xxx
L2-T2 Low 36.xxx

Now to get them in the same race. :D

I think some Free Run time would do me good! 💡

Originally posted by Max E.
sandstorm, a lap 1 39 t2 is'nt possible. and even if it was, i don't think your second lap t2 would be so slow (relatively speaking)

and as for the furom link sig, i think it's clever.
Oh, did I say 39? I meant 49. Sorry about that. :irked:

arrrrrrggggg:mad: this is starting to do my nut in im pulling really good laps (for me that is ) and then ballsing it up when i try to incorporate them into the 2 lapper :mad: :lol:
If i can just repeat my performance in the free run i could easily shave off 1 maybe even 1.5 seconds off my best time so far :mad:

This car is a nightmare..Is anyone else using TCS i have without it im wheel spinnig like mad into turns ..
I would probably do better without it maybe i will give it a go and not be too damn aggressive going into corners :lol:

Oh i almost forgot
Does anyone know if there is any type of software available for viewing sps ,xps replays without having a sharkport or xport

I am unable to view any replays that people post so i am at a bit of disavantage here

To make things worse im using a mac so there will most likely be no such software for this purpose as it allways seems to be PC orientated
I really hate that when looking for stuff PC PC PC PC :lol:

Cheers ;)

hmmm only other way would be to get windows media 9 and watch the replays that have been converted to mpeg/wmv files ;) there is no other way :(
so it's media player or get a shark /x-port good luck in your replays quest :D :cool:

Cheers for that i will look into windows media player ;)

1 more thing on the Xport (i assume that this is the PAL version) is it compatible with Macintosh computers ??

Back