Weekly Race Series, Week 2 - Desert Vette's

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 300 comments
wow! it's a jedi knight :D

the Iforce is strong in this one ;) :lol:

ojk man :P u running this one Iforce ?? :tremble :tremble :eek:

:mischievous: :cool:

when I get by my PS2 I'll try that. So far though I still stick by my no TCS start. In the replay I start just as fast as the computer without losing any distance from the AI !

This one promises to be a close one yet again:)

Won't be able to run this one, but will be present at the starting line of race 3 for sure!

Originally posted by Mr P
wow! it's a jedi knight :D

the Iforce is strong in this one ;) :lol:

ojk man :P u running this one Iforce ?? :tremble :tremble :eek:

:mischievous: :cool:
Nah,i was just in the neighborhood.

Finally I have a day off today, so I can get some racing in.
Lot's of good information here everyone, keep it up. :) Let's see if the amaturers and beginners can start making runs on us PRO's. ;)

Good work everyone.

ATTENTION:

When submitting your times to me, could everyone please make sure that you have included your TOTAL race time.

Tried playin earlier...just couldnt do it. My patience is officially shot for this race now...haha. My times about as good as its gonna get, which I feel is pretty good at this point. I thank everyone for the great tips provided!

Originally posted by Max E.
if you insist on going about this race incorrectly and turning the tcs off, just start full rev in third, and when the revs drop down to to the proper point (trial and error to find it), shift down to second and have no or minimal spin.
I'm finding that there's a lot of different strategies going on here. The one that works for me is: I start half revs in second, then when it gets to the redline I drop it back to 1st for a second or so, then slam it into second again. I get no wheel spin at all and I am usually (depends on what sort of start the AI get) into 1st position before the 1st corner. You should try it. It drops about .1 - .2 seconds off my lap time.

AT times I can't be stuffed doing all that so I just use auto.

No the time for the C5R at Luguna Seca. Im not sure when the deadline is for our time so I did it now. And when I go back on the PS2, my sore thumbs come back so I gave it up:mad:

Originally posted by Bollocks#999
will Pm my times to you tonight (local time) Boom
'luck guys
I have a proposition for you, Clint. Would you like to join Team Australia (me) and flog the blue F_CK out of the Kiwi's? PM me with your answer.

Cheers,
John T.

Originally posted by SandStorm
I have a proposition for you, Clint. Would you like to join Team Australia (me) and flog the blue F_CK out of the Kiwi's? PM me with your answer.

Cheers,
John T.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I laughed sooooooooo hard when I read that:lol:

But dreams are free arent they John?

Will have a couple of shots again at this today before submitting. Still haven't managed to beat the time I got on my 4th race try :irked: Not pleased knowing I've left nearly 2 secs on the track :banghead: I'll try pick 1 of them up before deadline.

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLINT :)
birthday.gif
Never knew you was as young as me
schaem.gif

Have a good one! and have a drink on me ;)
trink4.gif

:lol: That last smilie is funny! Heh, i started team Australia, remember that John! :P

Very limited running for this one I'm afraid, but I've PM'ed my time to you Rob. Best saved race had T2's of 42.071 & 36.155, never got the time to get the 41.7's and 35.8's I had in other runs in the same race! :rolleyes: Looks like there will be some mighty impressive times coming from a few of you guys :mischievous: looking forward to seeing how fast you've gone, and hoping I don't sink too far down the order :rolleyes:

Good luck with this week's racing guys, I'll most likely not get the chance to run the next one as I'll be at the Aussie F1 GP for 4 days.

Clinton.......Happy Birthday mate, catch up with you before we head off to the GP........Cheers ;)

Drew & Kelly: thanks guys, never knew ya cared :embarrassed: and Kel I dont feel this old after today, just a lot older (and slower no doubt after yhis race;) :lol: )

times submitted had a 36.096 fastest T2 but unfortunately not in my best race:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: will try and catch yas next race;)

was an excellent car/track choice there Boom 👍

EDIT one day i will get it all right and still finish last:lol:

Time submitted ..Not as good as i would like ..I thought i still had another day to try improve but i was wrong i woke up this morning thinking it was sunday it took me 2 hours to realise what day it was :blush: .Did i sleep for an entire day :confused:

I should lay off the herbal jazz ciggies and jack Daniels :lol:

Well, I'm not totally happy with my time, I see two or three places in the race where I could improve it and my time is in. I'll tyr right before deadline to manage a better time if not, I'll deal with what I put in.We will see.

ok got a final time. it's chitty. this track is awesome one of my faves. but this piece of dungheap car is a complete dive. why people insist on using it is beyond me. for my money, this is THE WORST race car in the game. so many cars go unused in challenges like the zonda for instance. and time and time again, i get stuck with this rolling doo-doo brick. i'm a little pissed off so you'll all have to excuse me.

Back