Weekly Race Series, Week 21 - You lightweight.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 77 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
The Cars:

All cars are fully modded with oil change and with the parts listed next to the car.

To explain "fully modded" a bit further for this race, this includes the following parts that will be installed to each car:

Racing Suspension
Sport Brakes
Brake balance controller
Port Polish
Engine balancing
Racing Fly Wheel
Triple Clutch
Full LSD
Racing Transmission
Racing Chip
T8 Tires
Oil Change

Opel Speedster, Install - NA Stage 2, Semi-racing muffler, Lightweight Stage 3. Power/Weight - 2.56 294 HP.

Tommy ZZ-S, Install - Turbo Stage 2, Semi-racing muffler, Lightweight Stage 1. Power/Weight - 2.16 299 HP.

Lotus Elise 190, Install - Turbo Stage 1, Racing muffler, Lightweight Stage 3, Power/Weight - 2.10 283 HP.

Despite what you see in the numbers, these cars are closely matched. Each car having it's very own distinct characteristics.

The Track: Laguna Seca

The Race: Arcade Mode, Single Race, Easy, 2 lap race.

The Rules:

1. 2 tires on the track at all times.
2. Rumble strips are considered part of the track.
3. You may hit the cones.
4. No wall contact at all.
5. Avoid any contact with the AI cars. Light contact is acceptable but any contact that gives you an advatage is illegal.
6. Save your replay.
7. No biting or eye gouging the AI aloud.

Time Discussion: All T times.

The Deadline: Monday at Midnight, Mountain Time USA, July 14th.

this is my first single race, so please excuse my stupid questions.

what time do we have to submit? the fastest lap time or the Race time? or both :confused:

I dont know how I'm gona manage this week since I hate slow cars ( Like the Vitz races :mad: )

MMMMM speedster methinks i keep hearing stories about this wee beastie , time for a shot...

:irked: Laguna though :yuck: :P sod it im in ;)

I can't believe you have a lightweights race without the miata:irked: I wanna race my car man!!!:D

I've never sat down with any of these cars and I won't have alot of free time to do testing and setups...hope I can get a quality run in.

hi everyone, well i have a question about the racing, can you only race one car or can you race all 3 of them and turn in the one with your fastest time?
i hope it's not a dumb question.
later
and good luck everyone

Originally posted by suprajef
hi everyone, well i have a question about the racing, can you only race one car or can you race all 3 of them and turn in the one with your fastest time?
i hope it's not a dumb question.
later
and good luck everyone

You can race them all and hand in your fastest time.

And there is no thing as a dumb question;)

Talk about dumb:

I just spent the last half an hour racing at Laguna Seca in my Speedster. I come here to post my sectortimes.

I'm allready busy typing my post when my eye catches one particular sentence:

All cars are fully modded with oil change and with the exception of the parts listed next to the car.

Opel Speedster, NA Stage 2, Semi-racing muffler, Lightweight Stage 3. Power/Weight - 2.56 294 HP.

I mean, Boom even made the sentence red, and i still installed a Na stage 2 and weight reduction 3 on my freshly bought Speedster.

:dunce:

One thing is for sure though, i won't even touch the other two cars this week. My love for the Speedster has only grown by that 30 minute-session.

Will be back soon with some legit sectortimes:mischievous:

Double Post

Attachments

• 13_speedster.jpg
    13_speedster.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 173
Ok ppl I got some times to post! :P

best lap 1 T3 is 1'07.xxx
best lap 2 T3 is 1'02.xxx

I know I can do better on lap 2 because I was able to pull out a T3 of 59.xxx in free run mode, and I can get in front and stay in front of the AI before Turn 3

I'm anxious to see some of you guys time so dont be afraid to post them up ;)

Oops, almost forgot this is with the OPEL :mischievous:

BTW : those AI cars are stong cars (Astra, NSX, Falcon, XJ220, etc)
its strange to see the Speedster kicking their asses

Attachments

• laguna-seca.gif
    laguna-seca.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 176
Originally posted by made in holland
Talk about dumb:

I just spent the last half an hour racing at Laguna Seca in my Speedster. I come here to post my sectortimes.

I'm allready busy typing my post when my eye catches one particular sentence:

All cars are fully modded with oil change and with the exception of the parts listed next to the car.

Opel Speedster, NA Stage 2, Semi-racing muffler, Lightweight Stage 3. Power/Weight - 2.56 294 HP.

I mean, Boom even made the sentence red, and i still installed a Na stage 2 and weight reduction 3 on my freshly bought Speedster.

:dunce:

One thing is for sure though, i won't even touch the other two cars this week. My love for the Speedster has only grown by that 30 minute-session.

Will be back soon with some legit sectortimes:mischievous:

Hmmm, maybe I havent' made myself clear enough. Mischa, you're supposed to equip the NA-2 and Lightweight Stage 3.

Is anyone else unclear as to what parts to put on your car?

good job on the edit boom.

Cleared it up for me quite well.

Thanks, I'll have some times this weekly hopefully.

Back soon.

Yee-Hah, my favorite course, great car choices. This will be the first week i can compete, I didnt have enough tracks open in arcade mode to compete last week when I registered took some time, still need to open E and F. I just hate racing for free, but its worth it to compete online and finally get my 100 percent soon, 57% and counting. Got to 65 last time and started over.:mischievous:

Originally posted by kakkarot36
Yee-Hah, my favorite course, great car choices. This will be the first week i can compete, I didnt have enough tracks open in arcade mode to compete last week when I registered took some time, still need to open E and F. I just hate racing for free, but its worth it to compete online and finally get my 100 percent soon, 57% and counting. Got to 65 last time and started over.:mischievous:

Welcome aboard kakkarot36 👍

So Mr H what were those sector times. I want something to aim at.
Not that I might reach it but at least I'll try :D

so far on my 3 try i was able to get 1rst lap time of
28.122-46.551-1.07.628-?
21.577-40.108-1.00.553-?
it was done with the opel speedster(seemed to be the best)
Did i put my sector times up right? hope so

anyway i found a way to get around the AI on the first turn and they are a consistent 2 to 3 seconds back, but im sure i can do better! well hope to see more times and good luck!

Ah the race of the little buggers eh. . . Without even running this one yet, I think I got a good idea of what to use :D. Tomorrow will start the prelims of testing and tuning:D

hi all,
I just upgraded my Lotus with all the stuff, and I have 289Hp,not 283HP.The other two cars are correct HP wise,just wondering if anyone else has this,or am I just in need of sleep?

Also, I have a Tommy K setup that works well for me.I thought I would share it,even though I am still working on it.

6.0/9.5
86/86
5/5
5/5
1.6/1.2
0/0
14/18
5/20/10
ASM=0
TCS=2
Auto=31

Welcome Kakkarot36,
Good Luck this week!
cinjun8

I just did a couple races before work today. there a little better but I'm not satisfied.

28.340 - 46.606 - 1,07.290
21.475 - 40.423 - 1,00.639

I realy messed up lap 2 but still managed to get a 1,00

Laterz

Edit:

I just did a 1,06.xxx on lap one then I totally screwed it on lap 2 :mad:

Hmmm.... i will check my equipped parts once more, becuase my speedster is currently at 298BHP with 0 km on the clock.

Originally posted by noojra
Welcome aboard kakkarot36 👍

So Mr H what were those sector times. I want something to aim at.
Not that I might reach it but at least I'll try :D

My times were:

Lap 1: 28.518/46.622/1.06.838
Lap 2: 20.907/38.745/58.807

Had some trouble on the first lap, the Denso wouldn't let me pass.

of course just like any time I do an arcade race in comps, I ran a few free laps to start, just to see what I should be looking for.

The 59.??? t3 seems to be a good mark to aim for in arcade.

Also, Im not sure, but I dont think we should really be mentioning the lap 1 final time.

What ever the case, I will be back with some arcade times soon enough... later.

Back