Weekly Race Series, Week 21 - You lightweight.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 77 comments
Well, i've tryed tuning myself this week. Just finsihed tunning and ran a few laps with the new setup. T3: contstant 59's and a low 59 aswell... I'm at 281 hp (didn't change my oil yet :)) Very nice sectors there MiH :)

Changed my oil, seems like it helped alot.

20.9/38.9/59.0

seen a few 20.7 T1's one 38.7 and one 58.7 but dirty

Ok I edited out my Lap time

I tried the ZZ-s and got as low as 1,06.660 on lap one then I realized I had a Stage 3 Weight Reduction Installed so I had to sell it and start over :irked:

After doing so I decided to stay with the Speedster :D

Best Times
20.8xx - 39.1xx - 59.xxx on Lap 2

i may actually be able to start doin some laps tonight, or tomorrow for sure cuz im off of work tomorrow and its gonna be HOT out, so i aint leaving my air conditioned box :) Looks like the speedster is the car of choice this round so i guess i'll focus on that one up front, and maybe when i get some good times w/ that one i'll try the others out. Looks like everyones getting some pretty fast splits already

ive been practicing a little more and ive improved a little, here they are
28.1xx - 46.3xx - 1.06.8xx - :D
21.0xx - 39.3xx - 59.9xx - :D
Speedster
later

Speedstick:
27.907-46.029-66.003
21.149-39.126-58.777
Estimated reduction of .7sec. over the 2 laps and me happy.
The toughest thing is putting both laps together.

@noojra:
1st version

6.7/9.4
93/93
7/7
7/10
2.0/1.0
0.0/2.0
6/6

9/9

10/5/20
Auto 22

ASM 0
TCS 1

Hi All,
I too was going to post my Speedster settings,but Oliver D.P's settings are so close to what I came up with.
I really am learning alot here.Thanks to all who take the time to post settings,answer questions,etc.
OLR adds a whole new dimension to the GT3 experience,and pushes me to times I didnt know I could achieve.
Thanks!

cinjun8

Hi y'ALL:
:D Good to have some real time for this one & not try to get a hot lap in 3 hours before the deadline like last week!!!

Best so far:

27.727-45.977-65.903
21.150-39.572-59.693

Using MOMO/MT: Will post my set-up if I can cure the "Tail Wagging" that's plaguing my Opel right now...UB57
:D

Damn....best ive done so far is 21.6/40.1/1'00.8 in the lotus but that was only about 8 or 9 laps and only 13 miles on the car. So its still got some breaking in to do. I did about 30 miles in the Opel and got a 21.5/40.1/1'00.7, but thats needs breaking in too. Im also just doin free run right now. Dont know what car im gonna go w/ yet. The Opel seems to be a bit more stable thru the turns, but my fastest time right now is w/ the lotus. That elise is touchy tho man, it feels like its floating on air. haha...veer too much one way and she starts to slide on you. And dont even think of touching a rumble strip...haha..the thing hops up in the air even when it touches one of those low strips w/ the white lines on em. Maybe i should try and raise the suspension on it a little bit. Anyways, looks like ive got some catchin up to do....anyone know what mileage the lotus or opel gets fully broken in at?

pat.gif
D'oh!! I just looked at the mod list again and didnt realize you could throw the port and polish, engine balance, and racing chip on the cars. haha, well that makes me feel a little bit better about my times now

well, this will be my first week taking part in a race, so go easy on me, none of these cars fit me at all, so we will see. my only goal is to beat IDAFC21......its a little battle between us, hehe, now i can show him up from the comfort of my home rather than flying down to arizona to embarass him in his own house, poor little guy ;)

youre a funny funny guy Sean....look at me...look how scared i am :nervous: :scared: Dont worry tho, I'll let my times speak for me :D Good luck by the way!

Update:
27.706-45.775-65.707
20.645-38.659-58.312 OPEL.

I was a bit pessimistic in my original estimate, as I have improved by .6sec. and can see there is still a boat load left.

My first lap PB=27.376-45.115-64.642, with a lap time I haven't come within .7sec. I can't, for the life of me, recreate it.

My current save is my second lap PB with an OK first lap.

Same as it ever was. It's a good first then a hohum second or it's the other way 'round.

It has been my experience, that the race with the Mercedes in 5th position, offers the least impediment by the AI. There are, I think, two. But, the one I am referring to has the Opel on pole, followed by the Raybrig NSX, Tickford Falcon, Mugen NSX, Mercedes and you. Get up behind the Mercedes and squeeze between it and the wall, this allows a free run up the inside to turn2, where you can block the AI or clear them completely. On the approach to turn2 the Tickford will be behind the Opel, the leading Raybrig will be taking a late apex and will come down on you, so watch out for it. Brake when you are up to the Tickford's rear bumper and downshift to 2nd or 3rd gear.

If the AI are giving you trouble, try it.

Sorry guys i've been preoccupied all week ,and haven't had a chance to run this sorry Boom :embarrassed:

The way this weeks turned out i will have maybe Monday to get a time down ,it wont be anything spectacular..

If i dont see yas this week i will run next week

Good luck all ;)👍

alright, well I went back and re-attached the cars nuts and have some better times now. still doing free run, but my best time there so far is a 20.9/38.9/59.1 in the Elise....i got a 21.4/39.4/59.3 in the speedster, yet, the overall lap time was only like .100 less. So i still dont know which one i wanna run. Im kinda leaning toward the lotus, but shes real tricky to drive. espeically through the corkscrew...lousy light car. haha

*EDIT* Tried some actual racing w/ the lotus, i think i might stick w/ this car, its just so much fun to drive, you never know when the thing just might fly off the handle. if you learn how to drive it right tho all you need to do is just point and shoot. heres my best race time as of yet

Lap 1: 27.5/45.9/1'06.136
Lap 2: 20.9/38.9/58.9

ODP's right about that one lineup, if i take it right i can get past everyone on the very first turn, and then its smooth sailin from there on out, i havent tried any other lineups yet, im sure theres some other good ones out there...just gotta figure out the best way to get by em.

well i managed to improve a little and i always have room for more so here's an update on my times,
27.6, 45.9, 1.06.2,
21.1, 39.5, 59.7,
i did well on my first lap but kinda got off the pace on the second, so i am gonna go practice some more!:D i have managed to get a 1.05.8 T3 on the first lap and a 58.9 T3 on the second on different occasions but screwed:banghead: up along the way, oh well just keep trying and trying
and the cars i raced i got around on the first corner, Astra,Raybrig NSX, Falcon, Castrol Mugen NSX, CLK Touring, then me:D
later

Not done any laps for this weeks race yet, just don't have the desire to play much anymore :(

But!..... I'm gonna go sort me a car out today sometime and get a few races in! thanks for some set ups to try guys 👍

I think this will be my last week for a while as the kids break up for the 6/7 weeks school holidays next week :(

I might try squeeze a few of the races in though you never know ;)

Back later with some sectors...

Now what will it be....

Lousy Lotus, Sexy Speedster, or the boring Tommy ?

Damn tough choice :irked:

I'll have to go for the sexy little speedster I think :mischievous:

Thanks for those setups guys too bad I might not be able to try them out since I busted up my right palm pretty bad yestoday :(

Nothing too serious, but I'm not sure If I'll be able to race this week.

Thank goodness though both thumbs are still working :P

Laters
weeping.gif

Grr...I tried for 45 minutes last night to get that same lineup I had earlier, (the one ODP talked about) and it would NOT give it to me. It kept pitting me against the uber-fast cars like the Zonda and 787B which are impossible to race against. I hope i have better luck today, cuz that really is the best lineup to use

Oh, and by the way, Boom...where ya been man? Havent heard much outta you this week, you waitin in the shadows to spring some super fast times on us? :P

Why do i feel like im the only one in here? Looks like its gonna be another LIGHT week for our LIGHTweight race....where is everyone? Well anyways...just have some new times to report. After an hour of trying again today, i FINALLY got a similar lineup to the first one that allows me to overtake everyone on the first turn, and managaged to get a new overall race time thats a good second better than my last one. my new sector times are

Lap 1: 27.5/45.6/1'05.5
Lap 2: 20.7/38.6/58.5

I'll post my setup im running for the lotus later on tonight...but right now the game is staying on the race screen, cuz im NOT gonna spend another hour trying to find a good lineup again, so the ps2 stays on till im ready to use it again :P

Originally posted by IDAFC21
Grr...I tried for 45 minutes last night to get that same lineup I had earlier, (the one ODP talked about) and it would NOT give it to me. It kept pitting me against the uber-fast cars like the Zonda and 787B which are impossible to race against. I hope i have better luck today, cuz that really is the best lineup to use

The game will not give me that lineup, once I have raced it. I reboot, equip the car and load the settings. Then it will give it to me on the second try. This means I won't have full HP, unless I run it in. I just run it at 293HP, my fastest laps have come with less than 20mi. on the clock.

27.840-45.662-65.384
20.799-38.682-58.420
Satisfied my expectations.
But, L2 has a dodgy moment. I won't submit it.

27.651-45.411-65.031
20.819-38.881-58.684
.348 from the dodgy one.

As promised, heres my settings for the lotus

7.0/90
85/90
9/9
9/9
3.0/3.5
0.0/0.0
4/4

20/15

5/5/15
auto 23
TCS 2

I was getting some BLAZING first laps earlier (27.1/45.0/1'05.1) but could never keep it together in the 2nd lap. I know theres still at LEAST a second to come off my overall time yet IF i can get it together and manage to get another good lineup again

The Calsonic is trying to kill me.....
I am just driving really deep into the first turn,getting into 2nd place,and getting to the left of the first place car before the 2nd
turn.this seems to work with any lineup,(but not every time)except the Calsonic rams me without fail.
I am just going to go with whatever line-up the game gives me.

Later
cinjun8

Oh the double edged sword that is my life.....I was correct in my assumption that I could take another second off my total race time, which i just did w/ a mediocre first lap and a PERFECT 2nd lap (in which i had a 57.8 T3 time) but upon second inspection of my replay, come to realize that on my first lap my left front wheel drops off the rumble strip for just a FRACTION of a second going around turn 10 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I was ready to throw in the towel too...instead the towel threw me in. haha Needless to say, im done for now. maybe i'll try some more later tonight. Man it felt like someone shot me in the head when i saw that third wheel go off....grrr :mad:

Spent half an hour with the Lotus and got me a clean save.

Way off the pace but it is my first save ...

I used IDAFC21's settings but changed the ride height and camber by putting them down

L1- 28.131 / 46.825 / 1'07.566
L2- 21.641 / 40.466 / 1'02.088

Hopefully I'll be back with some big improvements :embarrassed:

After seeing your `L` times i don`t think i`ll disgrace the board with mine.All i can say is i need more home time to practice.It`s still a great challenge though.Good job on all the setup info.It helps me alot.

Following IDAFC21's lead:
:D I've switched from the Opel to the Lotus.

Best so far:

27.524-45.138-65.181
20.876-39.010-58.879

Have had better first & last Laps, but not together. Still sorting trans, need to find another second or so somewhere I'm sure...UB57
:D

Nice times UB 👍 Im kinda puttin myself under the gun here....I didnt want this to get out cuz I feel like an idiot for it, but the race where I got my 27.5/45.6/1'05.5 & 20.7/38.6/58.5 times...i forgot to save my replay for :banghead: so the only PROVEN times i have are way back for my 27.5/45.9/1'06.1 & 20.9/38.9/58.9 times and about a full second slower than the other one. And after that run where i had 3 wheels go off on my 57.8 run which was a second FASTER than the one i dont have the replay for, i dont know how much ive got left in me. Im really gonna try to pull somthing good out here, ive got tomorrow off work, but if i cant would anyone object if i turned in my time i forgot to save the replay for? It was totally clean and most of you who've been in this series for awhile know im not a cheat or would lie about any of my times. I SHOULD be able to get a better time and shouldnt have to worry about it, but you know how it goes, somtimes you just cant throw it together, especially on a 2 lapper. Anyways, if anyone has a problem w/ it i'll submit the slower time i have the replay for, but if not i think i'll be goin w/ the better one i dont have the replay for.

Back