Weekly Race Series, Week 23 - Initial Dee's nuts!

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 90 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
The Car: Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex Shigeno Version. Fully modded, your choice of tires. 387 HP.

The Track: Seattle.

The Race: Hot Lap, Arcade mode, free run. Get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. No wall touching. Ever.
2. Rumble Strips are considered part of the track.
3. Sidewalk areas are considered part of the track.
4. Black and yellow striped areas are part of the track.
5. No hybrids.
6. Save your replay.

Time Discussion: All T times.

The Deadline: Monday at Midnight, July 28th. 7am GMT. PM me your final times.

:lol: at the title. I could see this being a problem for people w/out shark/x-ports, since you only get the shigeno version once, and if you sell it, you cant get it back. but other than that, im just glad its only ONE lap this week! haha

Yeah, I just realized that to. If it is a problem then we can switch to the regular Sprinter.

If anyone has an issue with obtaining this car, speak up.

Originally posted by lotus350
Count me OUT!

I'm done here

I hope you mean, just this week. Pity, as this would be your first DNS.
Please reconsider.

@boom: I have the Shigeno. A lot of people use it for driftin'.
Strap in and run this, please.

I mean for good, I've had enough. It has been fun racing with you all 👍

Good luck.

I'll keep updating the stats for everyone though.

Were am i supossed 2 get the sprinter trueno shigeno ver.?
:confused:
Ok, ok, i really need 2 know if i still can win this car or if i have sold-it so if some1 can tell me were is it...:rolleyes:

Fun One boom !!!
:D Found a ride in my garage "Ready to Go" although I don't remember ever having driven it. Second Lap w/whatever set-up was on it when it was parked:

T1: 30.629 / T2: 1'12.732

Lots of tuning to be done & a word of caution: STAY OFF THE RUMBLE STRIPS!!! This thing's as "Skittish" as an Elise 190...UB57
:D

UPDATE: After 12-15 Laps of tweakin' ( Mostly trans):

T1: 29.613 / T2: 1'10.689

I'm in, I love Toyota:D ,and what i do when i win a rare car like that and when i got all gold on the license, I have another memory card that i buy multiple copies of each, so i have about 3 of the shigeno versions! well Good Luck everyone! later

I think I'll like the hot laps better than the 2 lap races, much easier!

Ugh! I don't like that car at all, but I'll race it. The idea of a hotlap seems like a good thing compared to my would-have-been performance last week. I should have a satisfactory time in before long...

This may seem like a newbie's question, but is there a way to get your T1 and T2 times without watching the whole replay of about 7-8 laps?

Originally posted by Lacrema
Were am i supossed 2 get the sprinter trueno shigeno ver.?
:confused:
Ok, ok, i really need 2 know if i still can win this car or if i have sold-it so if some1 can tell me were is it...:rolleyes:

Coincidence.
I logged on, to reply to your question and a pop-up tells me that I have a PM (from you, asking the question).

Amateur League/FR Challenge(3 races).:)
If the database is correct.

Originally posted by Jpec07
This may seem like a newbie's question, but is there a way to get your T1 and T2 times without watching the whole replay of about 7-8 laps?

Not unless you save the lap and watch it in the Replay Theater.
Six of one or a half dozen of the other.:D

it's not quite a perfectly clean lap; I do slam into the wall at one point :scared:
T1-0'31.340/T2-1'14.608

EDIT:
Made a CLEAN RUN, got the following times:
T1 - 0'30.419 / T2 - 1'13.630

EDIT:
Used some new settings, actually cut 2 seconds off my overall time....
T1 - 0'29.999 / T2 - 1'12.013

EDIT:
Keep ripping out new times, another 2 seconds cut off the end time thanks to the tranny trick...
T1 - 0'30.313 / T2 - 1'11.566

Originally posted by UB57
Lots of tuning to be done & a word of caution: STAY OFF THE RUMBLE STRIPS!!! This thing's as "Skittish" as an Elise 190...UB57

Umm, it is? the only place I keep having to watch out for is the place where you go over the traintracks in that double-chicane towards the end...

a word of caution: STAY OFF THE RUMBLE STRIPS!!! This thing's as "Skittish" as an Elise 190

Oh great, I had a hell of a time w/ that elise..haha. Rumble strips are part of my racing style, tho i dont think theres many spots on seatle where i'd really use em. I'll have to try some racing later on tonight, i work till 8:30...blah :grumpy:

Originally posted by IDAFC21
Oh great, I had a hell of a time w/ that elise..haha. Rumble strips are part of my racing style, tho i dont think theres many spots on seatle where i'd really use em. :grumpy:

@ IDAFC21 & Jpec07 :
:D Have revised my "Outa da Box" settings & she's a LITTLE less "Skittish." My normal line @ Seattle requires "Kissing" the Rumble Strips in several places so I'm movin' over just a bit. As I get more used to the ride maybe I can go back where I'd really like to be...UB57

I did a few laps before work today and got some 30.0's and 1,13.1's But haven't touched the trans as yet Although I will have to soon because it hitting the red line on 6th gear at the two straights :D

Be back with some decent times later

Edit :

Fun One boom !!!

Skittish is an understatement :lol:

I thing I'll try lowering my springs :D

Woo Hoo

My first lap of the evening and first save of the race.

T1 29.525
T2 1,11.302

Laterz :D

EDIT:

this is with only 369HP I forgot to do an oil change. :lol:
cant wait to see what times I'll get now with 387HP

Originally posted by Jpec07
it's only 18 horsepower, it's not gonna be more than .05 seconds...

You may be right but remember, Faster is faster and races are won by hundredths of a second ;)

Sorry i didn`t get a time in last week guys.I need a vacation just to get close to your skill levels.This time i`ll turn one in even if it is slow.

HI,
Nice choice this week.I have never even driven this car. After 15 miles or so,my first clean save is :
T1=30.7, T2=1:12.801.
Now to tune the trans,and oil change,as I too forgot to do that before racing.
Later,
cinjun8

After last week, this combo feels so slow.
Feels a little vague, but not too bad.

Best save:
28.500 - 1'08.764
I can see a .4sec. reduction on the approach to the chicane, at the end of the back straight.
Whether or not it is realized.....
That analyzer is a very nice tool.

My setup, fairly stable. No problem with the rumbles.

6.0/4.0
90/86
8/8
10/10
3.0/3.0
2.0/-1.0
3/1

?24/24?

5/5/5
Auto18

DF Max

@noojra: I am using 10K as the shift point. It's just before the limiter kicks in.

Finally got some time to run a little, on my second try, so i have alot of room for improvement!

30.7/1.13.1

i was a bit conservative.

the rumble strips to me dont really upset the car at all, i kinda like the way it handles, a fun little car!

later

Just gave my first whack at this. I used ODP's settings, usually i use my own, but I was lazy this time. haha, i gotta they are some pretty good settings tho, very stable ride, and where you TURN, you GO, haha, timing is everything here. I love this little car already, Ive never actually driven it before. Best time as of yet is a 29.3/1'10.0 I still gotta tweak the tranny settings, i had to devise my own cuz i couldnt figure out how the hell ODP came up w/ his. haha, i always have so much trouble setting up my tranny from other peoples settings. Anyways, ODP, thanks for the setts, and man, SLOW DOWN! I think you're the reason all the pros have been too afraid to race lately ;)

I've just sent my registration time to Boombexus, so I dont know if this counts. I just got 30.3/1:13.1, but I'm not too happy with how the car handles, so I've got some tuning to do.

Like Noojra, I forgot to do an oil change :rolleyes:

BTW, this this great, it adds a whole new dimension to GT3

@IDAFC21:
I used the tranny "trick", then pushed the individual gears closer together.
BTW, 1st gear could be higher(for turn 2) and the 4/5 shift is a little soon at the kink exit, before Start/Finish. I suppose, it all depends on the speed carried out of the previous corner.

Tanx Oliver but, i think ill not b in this week challenge.:(
i have a MC i can use 2 get the shigeno but its will take me 2 much time.

If i do not have the X-port, i cant participate???

So, who can tell me how much costs the shark/x-port:confused:

can some one send me a X-port (ff) by Vimenca WU?:rolleyes:

just joking:embarrassed:
but if u want2...:D lol
ok. bye:D

Att:Lacrema

Back