Weekly Race Series, Week 23 - Initial Dee's nuts!

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 90 comments
Here is an update:

I haven't really done much to the car except lower it. just getting used to the way it handles.
later

update again: I used some of ODP's settings and changed them a little to my comfort and it really helped alot, Thanks ODP!

29.3, 1.09.6

on the T1 time, I was only .005 faster:D

Originally posted by Oliver DePlace
@IDAFC21:
I used the tranny "trick", then pushed the individual gears closer together.
BTW, 1st gear could be higher(for turn 2) and the 4/5 shift is a little soon at the kink exit, before Start/Finish. I suppose, it all depends on the speed carried out of the previous corner.

Thanks, i think the way i have it set up right now works pretty well, i just need to lengthen 6 gear a little cuz i top out just before the end of the long straights

and @lacrema, if you dont have an x-port you can still participate in the weekly series, but it is a nice thing to have so you can post up your replays and watch other peoples replays.

Hi,
No wonder everyone drifts with this car. After some more runs,
T1=29.6
T2=1:10.921
Once I get the tail settled, more time will fall off.Now to search for the tranny trick.

Later,
cinjun8

Best save:
28.500 - 1'08.764

Slow Down PLEASE!!!
:D My "Goal" is to be 1.5 seconds behind the Fastest Pro @ the END of the Lap...NOT @ T1 !!!...UB57
:D

After last week, this combo feels so slow.
Feels a little vague, but not too bad.

Best save:
28.500 - 1'08.764
I can see a .4sec. reduction on the approach to the chicane, at the end of the back straight.
Whether or not it is realized.....
That analyzer is a very nice tool.

My setup, fairly stable. No problem with the rumbles.

6.0/4.0
90/86
8/8
10/10
3.0/3.0
2.0/-1.0
3/1

?24/24?

5/5/5
Auto18

DF Max

@noojra: I am using 10K as the shift point. It's just before the limiter kicks in.

How the heck did you get the gears so low? I set the auto settings down, and I can't get first gear below 4.3xx...

Originally posted by Jpec07
How the heck did you get the gears so low? I set the auto settings down, and I can't get first gear below 4.3xx...

I think u must move a main bar at the end of the ratios change options the bar is 4 pre-seted ratios and u can get the limit higher or slower, so try this:)

I used ODP's set-up and I lowered my time a bit:

T1: 30.077 T2: 1:11.298

ODP: I still have no idea how to get the gears that low, I've tried alot of cominations. but I still can't get it to work :rolleyes:

Try this (Courtesy of "Mr P"): 👍
ok tranny trick is ....
make sure the car is at stock gears 1st by going into change parts and turn off
full customization then put it back on again , your gears will be stock then
go to gears now
then you go to the final gear and put it all the way to the far right
leave it at the top then move your auto setting all the way down to the left
then back to final gear and bring it back down to the number quoted
thats the tranny trick

no need to mess with individual gears on this one but u can ,
just dont move the auto level or its back to the start as it will be gone then...UB57
:D :D :D

Wow ODP You are the man 👍

My first session with your Setup and I already got a 29.312 if i had taken the last corner on the up hill better i would of gotten a 29.2

Now If only I could get a good T2 time :irked: I think I'm holding back too much in the twisty section.

hope I can improve and thanks again for shareing your settings :D

EDIT: Just did a 29.25x, and I got a measely 1,10.40x :mad:

I think I'm takeing the train track section wrong :(

Any suggestions :rolleyes:

Originally posted by noojra

I think I'm takeing the train track section wrong :(

Any suggestions :rolleyes:

Sometimes what I do is try to visualize the corner in a airial view and then from there, I can figure out a better line.

Or sometimes I can map it out on a piece of paper with the corner before and the corner after the area I'm lookin at. Then I'll map a good apex through my diagram and then apply it to the game.

Hey, works for me.

Originally posted by boombexus
Sometimes what I do is try to visualize the corner in a airial view and then from there, I can figure out a better line.

Or sometimes I can map it out on a piece of paper with the corner before and the corner after the area I'm lookin at. Then I'll map a good apex through my diagram and then apply it to the game.

Hey, works for me.

@if you want my opinion Boom, that is what makes a great race car driver! even if it is only for a ps2

@boombexus: Since you're here, you may as well post your T times. ;)
I could always count on Lotus to run, but now who can it be? Just me? :(

I've been trying to improve, but I can't consistently get the mid 28's for T1(1 out of 50).
I get so focused on the first section, that I forget how the rest of the course goes. :lol:
Plus, I start scraping the car. :irked:

I'm going with yesterday's save. If I get back in time, I may try again.

Good luck and have fun. :)

Originally posted by UB57
Try this :
ok tranny trick is ....
make sure the car is at stock gears 1st by going into change parts and turn off
full customization then put it back on again , your gears will be stock then
go to gears now
then you go to the final gear and put it all the way to the far right
leave it at the top then move your auto setting all the way down to the left
then back to final gear and bring it back down to the number quoted
thats the tranny trick

no need to mess with individual gears on this one but u can ,
just dont move the auto level or its back to the start as it will be gone then...UB57
:D :D :D

The wording of this post looks very familiar :P :D

Originally posted by pedrodaman
The wording of this post looks very familiar :P :D

Hiya pedrodaman :
:D YES!!! Did I get it from you??? Found it in an old Notepad File & since several guys were asking for it, decided to post. Let me know so I can give you proper credit!!!...UB57
BTW: Welcome back, missed ya last week!!! & Happy to see you've FINALLY "Un-Gubbed" all yer cars!!!

it's a transmission tuning trick, shown to me by UB57. first, get the stock settings for the gears by taking off the fully-customizable, and then putting it back on.
Next, go in and move the final ratio all the way to the right, and the auto setting all the way to the left.
After that, go back to the final ratio and set it to the designated place. you'll find that the other ratios need no tuning whatsoever...

Alright i'am going to try this one even though the seattle track is a nightmare for me i'am preparing my self for a bad time and i wont use that tranny trick.

P.S Cant do next weeks one on holiday.

Originally posted by UB57
Hiya pedrodaman :
:D YES!!! Did I get it from you??? Found it in an old Notepad File & since several guys were asking for it, decided to post. Let me know so I can give you proper credit!!!...UB57
BTW: Welcome back, missed ya last week!!! & Happy to see you've FINALLY "Un-Gubbed" all yer cars!!!

No it was'nt me , it was Mr P that said it back in week three so credit due to him ;) 👍

Im gonna try and get a time in this week , been so busy my PS2's hardly been on..
But i will give it a go good or bad..;)

Aye it sure is good to have all my racing machines ungubbed :P :D i've fiqured out that part no problem.
I had to go into Mks to get me one of these shugeno SS dooflers for this weeks race ;)

I still haven't got into doing any hybrid cars yet , but so want to try it just not had time to play :(...

Anyways ran a couple of laps in this doofler machine and best T3 after 5 laps 1'09.7 after a somewhat sloppy lap ..
will try again after.. :)

Whew !!! :
:D 20 more Laps w/"ODP's" chassis 👍 + my Trans & LSD settings has netted:

T1: 28.762'
T2: 1'09.604

A full second off my previous best, but it ALL came off before T1!!! Now I gotta find some time between T1 & the Finish!!!...UB57

Hi All,
I tried ODP's settings last night, and the tranny trick.After about 14 laps,I started to hit my marks.I drove a little more, changed the oil,and the second lap in I acheived a T1 of 28.807.Then drove straight into the wall.I havent been able to do it again,but I know if I did it once,I can do it again.I am just trying too hard now.
My best save so far is:
T1=29.044
T2=1:09.994

Later,
cinjun8

well im so proud of myself but yet so mad, on T1 I got a 28.664 but screwed up :banghead: a little while after that, and i havent been able to see the 28s again, i usually keep getting low 29s, i just keep doing that first part over and over and forget about the rest of the track like ODP said! man its tough, well guess i better keep practicing

cripes!! Time to hop back into the tofu machine and open her up, everyones pullin 28's now. I cant be left in the dust like this.....hehe

Update on my status, I am very much happy about this one, and there is some room for improvement, but not much!

28.9, 1.09.3

Well i hope i can improve a little more:D

later

only rule at seattle:

DON'T FIGHT THE TRACK!

if you do not flow you do not go. first turn you need a very wide line and you want to brake early and hug it tight without getting spit out at the end. also, the righty at the top of the hills is key. you MUST brake early and hit a tight line there to set you up for the next section. it is crucial that you link the double right to left to hairpin after the t1. you can easily gain a second and a half with a fluid maneuver there. it should be brakes before the first right after T1 and brakes no more till the hairpin. it the pin you need a very wide line going in and you have to pinch it real tight for the best result. if you are not on the throttle at the apex you lose. full speed down that backstretch and again at the train track section you must flow. don't **** with the tracks, find a way to use them to steer you. but again, there sould only be brakes (early at that) going into the right hander leading to the tracks and then no more brakes until the 90 degree right before the chicane. in that turn, as in the hairpin, if you are not mashed in the apex you lose.

these rules are pretty general (i hav'nt set foot in the shingeno yet) this track needs to be driven a certain way. this track way more than any of the others IMO has one line and one line only if you want top times.

don't let the track get to you. once you have the lines and your timing down, it feels good to hit all the spots here. extremely good. it's hard work but no track rewards a great performance like this one does.

i find it a very intriguing track for the fact that Max E. is right. There is one perfect line through this, it should get you about a 1'25.xxx overall time if you do it right...

Back