Weekly Race Series, Week 23 - Initial Dee's nuts!

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 90 comments
I just got a 1'10 t2, but I spun out on that right hand corner before the last chicane, ruining the time...

1'08.830 T2 now. and that was with a 29.3 T1. i think if i run enough, the possibility of a 1'07 T2 will become more possible. i have to say though, this is one of my favorite cars and it is hard to pass up an opportunity to run it.

well that was easier than i thought. New times are 28.8/1'09.3. Though it was much harder to even get near those times afterwords, which scares me, but I think i just got outta the groove, i'll have to try again later. Max is absolutely right too, the key to this track is flow, which can be very tricky in a jumpy little ae86...haha, my thumbs are too twitchy

i'll give you all an extremely big boost with this:

springs must be set VERY low. mine are at 5.0/8.0 this ****er hops around like a grasshopper on 'roids. the harder your springs are the more you will hop.

you guys are too fast now to give up my complete setup like the old days (take it as a compliment). you'll have to figure out the rest.

Hi,
No doubt about the flow.Very important.
Just like I found the 28's @ T1,I also found A 1:09.009 hiding in T2,then smashed into the chicane.
So High 1:08's could be in my future. I also find outside distractions mess me up,thats why I wait until every one goes to bed. Another great race,Boom!

Later,
cinjun8

Looks like its gonna be one of those weeks again. ive got a new best, tho it couldve been a lot better if i could get my first sector straightened out. I got a 29.3 T1, but after that flew thru the lap and ended up w/ a 1'09.1 T2 and a lap time about .600 better than my previous best, so i suppose thats somthing to be happy about, but i wish i could do as well coming up to the T1. I'll have to try max's advice...it SOUNDS easy enough, but doing it is a completely different story...haha

Looks like I'm gonna have to pull some more laps if I ever want to move up a league...

A new time after about 10-12 laps...
T1: 0'29.404 / T2: 1'10.301

This may look wierd but it's actually a .3 second drop from the overall time:
T1: 0'29.667 / T2: 1'10.669

Finally a time that can compete with the rest of my division! Took 15 more laps of racing, but I finally got my goal! Here's the T's:
T1: 0'29.862 / T2: 1'09.768

just tried to find out what my time would be if I took the shortest segments from each lap (using the analyzer of course). Turns out that the overall time is 2 seconds shorter than what I have now, with a 29.8 for the T1 and a 1'09.5 for the T2...

Well guess who's back?

Yeah, well, until he gets here, Im gonna be racing in his place.

Anyway, yeah, only one night and day to work at it, but I will have something to turn in.

Back with updates then...

I havn't booted up the PS2 in about 4 days :(
Just too damn busy

my best was a 1,09.7xx but seeing the times you guys are pulling out, I need to do a lot more work :D

Hopefuly before the deadline

I havent touched this in a couple days either. i may try some tonight but i dont how much good im gonna do, ive been so beat lately. this may be another deadline week again. welcome back kent! cant wait to see some times. lately we need as many friendly faces as we can get, its been too slim lately

Hi All :
:D Took a few days off to go visit my daughter @ school & thought I'd give this one another quick shot today. After probably 35-40 more Laps, couldn't improve on my T1 time, but found 1/2 second each between T1 & T2 and between T2 & Finish Line. Couldn't break into the 1'08s but posted a best T2 of 1'09.142. Good Luck 👍 to all, See Ya Next Week...UB57
:D

I was able to improve a little lastnight. best T2 is now 1,09.30x I think I'll submit now since I dont think I'll have time to improve

See you guys next round

Ok, I'm making a spreadsheet of the times, I just need to know The classes of the following drivers:
suprajef
Oversteer
noojra
I will post this spreadsheet as soon as it's complete...

You had better times than that, according to what you posted. If you go with your earlier times I'm guessing that you'll take second in the amateur division, let alone the beginner...

I did have some better t times, but my overall time with the sectors that i submitted is my fastest lap.

Well, i just didn't get time to complete a lap this week... and last week, and the week before...

I'm having a lot less free time these days, hopefully i can get some times for next week's.

Since it looks like Max is running.
Update:
28.630 - 1'07.993
Same setup.

I changed my method of running the session.
Instead of trying for a quick T1, again and again.
I just ran laps without looking at the splits, only the final.

I got a problem. My PS2 must not like me or something because after watching my fastest lap, I get my time, then I go to the analyzer and where it shows the file name and all that, it tacked on an extra .025 sec. to the total time!!! WTF?!?! But when I go into the analyzer itself it shows the one I actually got. It does the same thing when I go to save it too.

Hi Turbo_Rotary :
:D Not a problem actually. For some unknown reason the replay stops 1 frame before the end. You're NOT having .025 seconds added on, the replay screeen SUBTRACTS it from your actual time. Go by the time shown in the lower right hand corner of the "Info Box." (Hope this makes sense)...UB57
:D

Hi All,
This was a fun car / track combo to drive. After making a couple of minor changes to ODP's excellent setup, I was able to get a best lap save of:
T1=28.786
T2=1:08.885
Thanks ODP,and again to Boom,for putting these together every week.
Lots of fun.
Later,
cinjun8

time submitted....didnt really do a whole lot on this one this week so im sure my time'll reflect it, maybe 3 good sessions, the longest one being tonight. haha. best time i have is a 29.0/1'08.8 Should be pretty decent but you guys were flying thru this one, i just could NOT get into the 28's for my T1 :(

Back