Weekly Race Series, Week 25

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 115 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
The Car: Ruf RGT, Fully modded w/oil change, Stage 2 Turbo, 637 HP before break in.

The Track: Deep Forest II (REVERSE)

The Race: Arcade Mode, Single Race, Normal (3 lapper.)

The Rules:

1. Avoid contact with the AI cars. Light contact is acceptable, but any contact that gives you an advantage is illegal.
2. Keep 2 tires on the track at all times.
3. Rumble Strips are considered part of the track.
4. No wall touching, scraping or wall riding.
5. No hybrids.
6. No cheating of any kind.
7. No short cutting.
8. Save your replay.
9. Have fun. :)

Time Discussion: Lap 1 and Lap 2 times.

The Deadline: Monday at Midnight, 11th of August. -7 GMT

Have fun with the AI. :mischievous:

ack!!! at first i saw the rgt and was like JES!!! ive been waiting for this car! then i saw....3 laps...EVIL YOU ARE!!!!!! and now i have to work extra hard so i can hang w/ the pros. Should be a fun week :)

should be a fun race. Deep Forest is among my favorite courses here, we'll see what I can do...

EDIT: in order to get some decent settings out of the car for his course, I'm running it in free run on this track (it's actually very helpful...

EDIT: Hey boom, isn't the hard race 5 laps?

Best replay so far:
Lap1: 1'17.857
Lap2: 1'12.796

I know a better time's coming; the best lap I pulled on this course during tuning was a 1'11.x, so I know a better race-time is on the way...

Originally posted by Max E.
:mischievous: :D

favorite car, favorite track.

Good god man.

I guess this makes it a race for second...:confused:

lol, j/k, someones gonna stick it to ya.:mischievous:

Anyway, this car is amazing, the track suffers from bad lighting if you ask me, but otherwise, its a nice place.

I saw "mih" mention a 1.06.???, I had a feeling those times were gonna be possible.

I just ran about 5 laps, but with the lighting my eyes just weren't in it... later after a little water and food I will probably be in the mood.

What ever the case, getting down to that "pro standard" (as in the first fast pro time posted) is gonna take alot of work for me.

I also wanna let you guys formally know that on a 3 lap arcade race, especially with the lighting of this track, Im not threat for the week.:P still gonna put it down on you guys, but Im not expecting anything special.

Till next time...

If Max and Mr H are running this week :mischievous: I'll be back with sectors in the next day ;)

If you can actually finish a round i'll see you guys at the chequered flag 👍

...........................................(where i'll be sitting waiting for ya's ) :P :D

I'm having a little trouble tuning this, does anyone have good settings? Here's what I have:

Spring Rate: 9.1/11.7
Ride Height: 72/81
Shock Bound: 7/7
Shock Rebound: 7/7
Camber: 1.3/1.3
Toe: 0/0
Stabilizers: 3/3

Brake Balance: 24/24

L.S. Torque: 10
L.S. accel: 40
L.S. decel: 20

used tranny trick

df: .29/.60

ASM: 0
TCS: 3

Anyone know how to improve that?

wow, i think i might be in amatuer leage this week...:mischievous:
my best lap so far is 1'08'.264
im shooting for constant 1'09's at the moment..

Well... with MIH, P, and Max E. all coming back to top off a list with boom and odp, I would say its time for me to start with some of this :banghead: as I try to keep up. Then a bit of this :confused: when I cant do it. Then a bit of this :( when I realize why.

To me, there is a split in the pro ranks.

I am on one side while boom, p, max, etc. are on the other.

When they have to put down 1 hour worth of driving to get a lap, Ive gotta do 3 hours to get almost the same time.

So yeah, keeping up in this weeks race will be a great challenge.

I did a little more racing in a hot lap format to get settings and target times down, but nothing great to speak of yet...

Still off the average time for posted pros by nearly 2 seconds. :( sad, yes I know, but hopfully with plenty of time, luck and maybe a touch of skill, I will be hanging in there... maybe catching a draft off one of you guys.:mischievous:

Originally posted by made in holland
I was bored tonight, so i started with the 3-lappers.

My saved one sofar: 1.11.877 / 1.06.604

Fastest dirty: 1.11.200/1.06.188

You actually gonna turn in a time this week or you just gonna talk about it again? :mischievous:

Originally posted by made in holland
I will definetly turn in a time this week.

100%:mischievous:

I remember last time I raced you in the Ruf :(

Time to see if you can revive that moment :mischievous: :D

I just ran arcade laps.

slower than I would have hoped for, but I guess its just an issue of being able to "race" as fast as I can "time trial."

Im running first and second laps that are probably on pace with the beginners... Im just guessing.

dont remember first lap, but second was at 1.11.2, which is equizilent to the first lap times of the faster pros.

If things work out, I'll be able to put a time down, but a clean race for me is gonna end in begginer speeds and time.

I guess its a lesson about where I will stand when true online racing comes to us, thanks to gt4.

If I even manage to get anything in the 2nd lap 1.08.5 area I will be happy with the race.

I just cant imagine the speed you guys are running at.

Hotlap initial day was a 'lil work for me to pull a low 1.08.

If I was to continue I could pull a free lap at an even lower time, but in a "real" racing enviroment, with consistancy being an issue, there is just a total lack of skill on my part.

Maybe this will bring back the "learning experience" in the weekly comp.(for me)

bye.

Very nice Mr H ;)

1st few laps from me in free run best so far is 1.06.2 .... there's heaps of power in this monster :eek:

I'll be back when i've tried the race out :cool:

Great combo Boom ;)

Please make sure when sending in your final times that the PM is titled with Week 25.

Thanks in advance, I've missed a few PM's last week.

Hey guys I'm back! I got the cheat (money cheat) So I could participate in the competitions, I just missed it so much. We'll I'm here, so watch out for some blazing fast time. :cool:

Boom, can we have a one lapper race next week. For a closer competition. I may give this ago.;)

Havent touched this yet. but i might start to get some runs in later tonight or definently tomorrow. ive got the next 2 days off so im definently gonna have to put it good use. My goal this week is to bring up the rear of the pros :)

So far 1.11.3 and 1.06.0 :(

Your flying Holland ;) ............ wonder how Max E Pad is doing ? low 1.10's and 1.05's no doubt :D

And so no one is going to help Jpec with his question?

This was a big factor in why I stopped doing this, all these threads are filled up with the Pro's talking to each other and not caring aboutus Begineers or whatever.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jpec07
I'm having a little trouble tuning this, does anyone have good settings? Here's what I have:

Spring Rate: 9.1/11.7
Ride Height: 72/81
Shock Bound: 7/7
Shock Rebound: 7/7
Camber: 1.3/1.3
Toe: 0/0
Stabilizers: 3/3

Brake Balance: 24/24

L.S. Torque: 10
L.S. accel: 40
L.S. decel: 20

used tranny trick

df: .29/.60

ASM: 0
TCS: 3

Anyone know how to improve that?

Well, I'd probably set the brakes more like 17/12

LSD @ 5/5/5 to start.
TCS at 1 to start.

I'd like to see what settings Mr. Holland is using. I'm not to familiar with setting up a RR car.

Back