Weekly Race Series, Week 25

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 115 comments
I have yet to try out max's settings, I'll do that today..if it handles more like a drifters car i might be more at home w/ it, especially on this track. We'll see tho, usually once i get my own settings set up, if i try someone elses i usually dont do as good w/ em. And Nelsy, hey at least your submitting a time, thats all that matters. thanks for the participation tihs week! 👍

Hey max have a look at them yourself you might learn something:D :D :D :D No **** from me man? ok pusslick

Laters:D :)

Hi everybody. I am weekly series newbie. I see it will be very nice competition with RGT on Deep Forest. Just hope the top runners dont go too fast this week and i'll be happy. Its nice to see people sharing their settings so openly. I got a 1'06.7xx as best lap for now, but I wanna see what's the difference with Mr.P's setup and Max E's.

... Im not really a newbie, I hope :scared:

sorry bout that, didnt mean to put anyones time down or anything. My current setup is somewhat similar to Mr.P's with some small differences. Did you try out Mr.P's setup yet?

Well...improving slighty, but still dont have anything clean, my best UNclean as of yet is 1'12.0/1'06.9, which were both clean laps, but my third lap was just barely unclean :banghead: But at least the times are startin to come down...i hope i can work em down more before this is over, everyone seems to be getting such fast times, pro and begginner alike

I tried max's settings out. didnt really work for me, so im keeping my own...if you want a little more grip in your racing, try em out

9.0/12.0
70/75
9/9
8/8
2.5/2.0
1.0/-1.0
4/4

22/18

no lsd, left tranny w/ stock settings

0.29/0.60
tcs 2

Havent started any 3 lappers yet.. Managed to bring my time down by 2 tenths on my best lap, so Im down to about 1'06.5xx. Its getting really difficult from here to nail everything right to go faster. Gonna be posting some 3 lapper times tomorrow, whenever I get a chance.

Hi All,
Just started turning L1=1:11.6xx/L2=1:06.4xx,still not totally clean,but will be soon.I found the groove,and I think I can get even more. I couldnt use any of the posted settings, so I am using my own.Last week really helped me to see the apex more clearly.

Later,
cinjun8

god-damn this is even more frustrating than last week, i finally have a clean one tho, so i know i'll have at least SOMTHING to submit before the weeks over, tho it was on a crappy first lap (not even gonna mention it) a second lap of 1'06.2 (my personal best so far) and a HORRIBLE 3rd lap because so many times i run awesome 1st and 2nd laps but then **** it up on third one, so i made sure to be more careful this time, which in turn slowed me down more than i wouldve liked. but hey...at least i have a clean save, cuz the way things are lookin, that may be the only one i get. Im done playin for now cuz if try any more at the moment i fear i may have to break somthing

Sup?

i have some prob's whats a bracke in and how do i get exactly the · of Hp's reklireds?
i all ways get over the limit whit the oil change.
thanx.

Carlos_w7.

where is Boom?

Damn you Mischa. :irked:

How the hell are ya runnin 1.11's on the first lap? I know my car isn't fully broken in yet, but crap!

Right now, I'm at:

1'12.8
1'06.8

I share your feelings boom, people who I beat out last time are slaughtering me (I can't get below a 1'15 first lap; and that's not even clean!)...

Hey Jpec, have you restarted your race to get different AI cars? Some set's of AI cars offer more advantage than others.

New best save:

1'12.2
1'06.1

Best dirty:

1'11.8
1'05.9

Try to start a race with the GT40 on pole position. He will hold up all the other A.I. cars and you can pass them all on the right, being in first position before the first corner.

The one i usually use is the one where the Panoz is in the pole position, you can easily get by him before the first turn. No improvement yet, I quit last night after doing an almost perfect first lap which would've easily got me into the 1'11's, but then turning too wide on the last turn on going off. This race is not working for me this week.

Originally posted by boombexus
Hey Jpec, have you restarted your race to get different AI cars? Some set's of AI cars offer more advantage than others.

New best save:

1'12.2
1'06.1

Best dirty:

1'11.8
1'05.9

Not yet, although I will try to do so tonight. I'm not sure it will help much; my best time in free run is a 1:09...

Well I started a session last night, going pretty well I guess, I've ran 1'10's for the first lap 3 different times and ran lots of 1'11's. My best single lap has been 1.06.125, so we'll see if I can get a 1.10,1.06,1.06 strung together by tomorrow.:mischievous: I think I have a 1.11/1.07.0/?.?? on my clean run but I can't recall for sure. Laterz all good luck!:cool:

i hammered this on wednesday and took a few days off. turned out pretty good though, i'm not burnt and ready to make a decent run today. not done any clean races yet, just dabbling in it so i don't have too much to divulge just yet (updates coming tonight). i will say that i have pulled some high 41's in the T2 of fast laps. in any case, i'll probably have my final time tonight unless i lose the touch between now and 6 o'clock.

OK. best lap so far for start is a 1'10.8 best flyer is a 1'05.3 final time should be low if i can keep two on the track in the lefty after the T2 3 times although i just discovered a way i can do it more effeciently (off to test). check you guys later 👍

dammit, just pissed away a 1'10.724 lap 1 with a lowest ever 41.663 T2 on lap 2. i hate that :fukkinpissed:

ok, took a break and went up to visit pops. came back and decided to change my LSD from 5/15/5 to 10/20/5 and i schit you not, my very first lap was an ungodly 1'04.977 i was wondering if this was going to happen but surely did not expect it right off the bat like that. i immidiately ran over here to post it cause i hav'nt been quite this excited in a while. hopefully, it's not just a fluke. car is much more controllable now.

pulled 2 more 1'04's but failed to really strike while the brand was hot. started getting tired and fading before i could really nail the time i want. still have tomorrow, i just hope it's there again.

I registered for the weekly race series a couple of days ago, got my RGT all tuned up and I've been practicing with my setup on the Complex String, and now I realize I can't race yet, because I haven't unlocked any of the tracks in the arcade mode. Well, what can I say, I've only had the game a couple of weeks, and I've been having fun racing in the simulation mode.

Just to introduce myself, I've been a car guy all my life, and the GT series is just about the only video game I play. I've been with it since the first game. I haven't bought GT3 until recenly, because I only just bought a PS2. In fact I only bought the PS2 because I wanted to race GT3. But now I'm making up for lost time and I look forward to racing with all of you. I'm sure I'm going to be a beginner for quite a while, but that's fine, as I'm in it for the fun and nothing more. I'll get to work unlocking those tracks in the arcade mode and hopefully I'll be able to race next week.

Hey martialstax!

Good to see ya around and gettin ready to run in the WRS, and it's good to see ya gettin back into GT!

Remember to run all the races to unlock the tracks in the 'hard' mode as it will be a faster way of unlocking the tracks.

I just wanna say thank you Max, and NO, not thank you for getting insanely fast times that no one short of God himself could hope to match, but thanks for posting up those LSD settings. I had all but given up on this weeks race and was ready to submit my poor ass time that im sure most of the amatuers wouldve beaten, but decided to give your settings one last shot w/ those new lsd numbers you put up. I tweaked a couple other little things myself like the camber and stabilzers, but after about an hours session I finally have a new best time thats well OVER a second better than my previous save. My first lap time is a 1'12.0, which would've most certainly been in the 1'11's except i messed up my entry to the first tunnel before the T2..i saved it pretty good tho, it coulda been a lot worse. My second lap time is a pretty decent 1'06.5, which im sure wouldve been faster too exept i didnt do too well in between the T1-T2 sectors. and i had a third lap that was almost the same. Now im not sure whether it was your settings (im not really getting times any faster than I was w/ my own) or that my head was probably a little clearer from not playing any video games at all today, i'd guess probably a little bit of both, but thanks for giving me another reason to go back in and give it another shot. I'll probably try some more tomorrow and see what happens, but im not expecting much more than what I have right now. I know they're not GREAT times, and im certainly not expecting any podiums this week..but im hoping the consistency of my laps will give me a decent overall time that i can be proud of.

And i also just wanna say, even tho this week has been THE MOST frustrating week of racing for me so far, even tho i was almost to the point of giving up completely w/ this week and just say screw it all, it is still a joy to see that Ruf fly around the track in the replay. Next to the ACTUAL Porsche 911 GT3, that car is a work of art, the whole look of it just says SPEED! and im glad we were able to drive it...even tho this has been the worst week of my life...haha

Back