Weekly Race Series, Week 25

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 115 comments
Hiya everyone, remember me? i enter the Lancers/Sub's in Laguna, but i then vanished. but i'm back for a bit now that my PS2 is working. =)
i should give all the beginners a fun time. =)
Good Luck everyone. =)

Welcome back Nelsy!!

I figured i needed to get somthin goin on this and see what kinda challenge im in for, so i bought me a ruf and tuned it up, gave it some quick guesstimated settings and just took it straight to the races, no free run hotlaps or anything. I figure i know DFII well enough that it shouldnt be too much of a problem. After about 46 miles of racing i have 1'14.0/1'07.9 for first/second lap, tho its an unclean race (just barely) but i figure thats not too bad for a starting point. I'll do some free run laps tomorrow and try to refine my settings and racing lines and get the car broken in more. I aint even gonna TRY to compete w/ Mr. P or MIH...I never did before and im still not even tho im in the same "class" now. You guys need your own friggin class, like, "Lightspeed" or somthing. haha. Anyways, its bed time now, got a big day ahead of me tomorrow of swearing at the tv, smashing various objects and probably eventual drinking to numb the anger that will surely be built up. :)

Well, after 70Km i have only the following to show..
Lap 1 = 1'14.8
Lap 2 = 1'09.4

:banghead:

My settings are ;-
11.5 14.0
80 75
7 6
5 8
1.5 1.5
-0.5 1.0
3 3

17 14

0 5
0 30
0 5

2.77x
1.93x
1.46x
1.18x
0.98x
0.83x

0.29 0.50

A few pointers to help me catch up with you guys wouldn't go a miss. :odd:

i'm gonna put in a few more Km's later on tonight, good luck everyone. :)

In fact to be honest ........ this series has all of a sudden lost its appeal to me :rolleyes:

here's my set up for anyone who would require or like to test it

4.0/5.0
75/76
7/8
5/6
3.2/2.1
0.5/-0.5
6/7
24/24
5/5/15

final 3.440
auto 37
max df
asm 0
tcs 3

I'll leave it there I'm pulling out now , cya's around

Those soft spring rates....do they help out with the entry to the second tunnel.......I seem to be airbourne there which isn't good when trying to brake :lol:

Originally posted by graveltrap
Those soft spring rates....do they help out with the entry to the second tunnel.......I seem to be airbourne there which isn't good when trying to brake :lol:

Generally for hillier courses I set up my car with a little extra ride height and softer springs to help absorb the rolling pavement. I don't have a setup for this car yet and I have never even used it so I don't have any experience with the RR setup as far as tuning.

And to Cobraboy, the race has only been up one day and your *****ing about setups and "pro talk"or whatever, can you please give us a day or two to get started on it? Do you automatically expect to come in here and just plug in someone's setts and forget about it.:confused: I bet most of us (like myself) haven't even ran one lap yet. The only ones who are running decent laps yet are Mr.Holland and Mr.P,probably because they already had setups from previuos runs for this car:rolleyes: I always post my setups when I finally get on the right track with them, so does most everyone else. Everyones questions always get answered eventually. Don't blame us if you can't do setups and want everything handed to you without even attempting it yourself.

yeh, like he said, brake before you hit the hill, that way you won't fly out, slam into the wall, and ruin your time (you could max the downforce as well, but in this car it'd give you a wheelie; which is just as deadly when it comes to turns...)

edit: darnit! I'm too slow!

It's no fun if someone just hands you the "perfect"(for them)set up 10 hours into the race,how else can you learn to tune? You would then have to drive like Mr.P to get maximum use from the setup.when there could be better ones to use.Experiment.......

Just my .02............

Later,
cinjun8

Originally posted by Nelsy
Well, after 70Km i have only the following to show..
Lap 1 = 1'14.8
Lap 2 = 1'09.4

:banghead:

My settings are ;-
11.5 14.0
80 75
7 6
5 8
1.5 1.5
-0.5 1.0
3 3

17 14

0 5
0 30
0 5

2.77x
1.93x
1.46x
1.18x
0.98x
0.83x

0.29 0.50

A few pointers to help me catch up with you guys wouldn't go a miss. :odd:

i'm gonna put in a few more Km's later on tonight, good luck everyone. :)

Those are some good settings. I'm running them against my best lap replay now and they're about even timewise (although it feels more like a drifters' car than my settings...). I think that for now I'll just stick with my settings...

after some settings tuning, here's my laps 1 and 2 times: 1'18.070 / 1'10.588
(I HATE the AIs...)

Try exiting the race and restarting to get different car combos...some are easier to race against than others

Is anyone else here getting slight understeer when exiting a turn with this car?? if so have you worked out how to fix it??
i'm getting slight understeer when exiting with my settings. :irked:

Hi guys and girls i have not been able to get round to racin for a month or so with work in the way at the time i have not managed to get any time to race:mad:
I've had a look at this week's race and i'm taking part in this one boom what a good choice :)
Great car great track i'm in on this one:D

Laters:D

Originally posted by Mr P
In fact to be honest ........ this series has all of a sudden lost its appeal to me :rolleyes:

I know what you mean dude , im finding it hard to get motivated to run any races these days ..:(
I dunno what it is :confused:..plus the fact that life is really picking up the pace ...ZZZZZZZZZoooooooooooommmmmmm-> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> :D

I guess im just a bit bored of GT for now , but that wont last long no doubt ,it never does..:lol:

But im going into semi retirement for a while until i can sort my life out so no time for racing..:(

I will still post up some TT updates when i get the chance to run..

And i will return to the weekly when im sorted..hopefully you guys will still be here..;)

Until then , have fun peeps and i will hopefully see yoose soon :)👍
Pedro

here's my setup thus far:

4.0/13.5 springs
90/90 ride height
9/9 bound
10/10 rebound
2.0/1.0 camber
0.0/-2.0 toe
1/1 stabilizers
24/24 brakes
5/5/5 lsd

tranny too complicated to remember

.29/.47 downforce
0 asm
1 tcs

enjoy if you dare.

P.S. NO ****TY REPLAYS ALLOWED IN MY REPLAY AREA! YOU BETTER MAKE IT A GOOD ONE WEZ:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi All,
So far,I have run a best of:
lap 1=1:12.496
lap 2=1:07.049
unfortunately, not clean,..............yet,......but very close

Later,
cinjun8

:irked: You stole my thunder!! I was just gonna come on and post MY still slightly unclean 1'12.4XX/1'07.0XX, but congrats on the times cinjun, youre flyin man...either that or I just suck :P I still havent really finished working on my setup yet, and im not sure if my cars completly broken in yet or not...anyone know what HP it finally maxes at? I have had a few 1.06.XXX's, but my average is usually the low 1.07 range. I expect (or at least HOPE) that w/ some practice i'll be in the high 1'06 range consistently, w/ MAYBE a mid-low 1'06 if im lucky....but i really dont see much more than that comin outta me. I did a bad thing today and rented F1 Career Challenge so that took a big chunk outta my gt3 time today :embarrassed: Looks like i need to lock it up and get back in my gt3 zone. hehe

Originally posted by IDAFC21
and im not sure if my cars completly broken in yet or not...anyone know what HP it finally maxes at?

656 HP, which occurs at 185 miles (NTSC version). I dunno if I'm going to run this one or not, haven't decided since I know it will take more time than the usual 1 lappers.

So far my best run

1'13.1xx :(
1'06'9xx :)

Different car combo's are the key.....managed to deal with the AI by the first corner last night just a shame about the rest of the first lap.......

Boom, and everyone else, i'm leaving for a weeks holiday today so i'll have to post my final times early, which means i'm gonna finish lower in the table this week, well there's always next week.
Have fun everyone...

Hey Nelsy, what division are you in?

Originally posted by Max E.
here's my setup thus far:

4.0/13.5 springs
90/90 ride height
9/9 bound
10/10 rebound
2.0/1.0 camber
0.0/-2.0 toe
1/1 stabilizers
24/24 brakes
5/5/5 lsd

tranny too complicated to remember

.29/.47 downforce
0 asm
1 tcs

enjoy if you dare.

Pretty nice settings; it's handling like a drifters' car tho...

Back