Weekly Race Series, Week 4 - Knights of the Night.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 190 comments
Well, The track is to die for, but the Car, umm is sketchy. I never really ran this one, just maybe once to see the top speed I could get in it. I am not a huge fan of AWD, but I have a feeling this week is going to change my opinion like last week did. I'm at home currently, but the girlfriend is keeping me away from the game - D'oh. I'll check in later. :)

Cheers max for the suggestions i will check these out

I will check back laters to let you know how i get on 👍

Originally posted by GoKents
Well Im screwed.

I have never even raced the fto Lm because I still haven't got it during the 2 month period I have had this game.

Im gonna get it and run some, but my time will be majorly shanty because of my work and school.

Hopefully I woulnt have to fool around too much.

Now I just gotta get to work winning this car.

Dont worry Gokents, the car is great. I loved it so much. I couldnt decide what color I wanted to I just got all of them :D. At lease I know I will always have a fresh one ;) :lol:...

Gonna load her up now for a try ...I'll pinch P jnr's PS2 I think and seeing as the momo is free ATM :mischievous:

Bottle of good ol' Irn-Bru for refreshment ( it's made in Scotland from girders y'know ;) ) and I'm sorted
smokin.gif

Originally posted by lotus350
Gonna load her up now for a try ...I'll pinch P jnr's PS2 I think and seeing as the momo is free ATM :mischievous:

Bottle of good ol' Irn-Bru for refreshment ( it's made in Scotland from girders y'know ;) ) and I'm sorted
smokin.gif

Aye ye cannae race withoot the BRU (Great in the mornings after a hangover too) :lol: Do you get the glass bottles where you are ?? it isnae the same oot them plastic bottles or cans :ill:

@ Max tried those suggestions out they are working well got some laps down to the low 1'12 mark almost a 1'11

The car at the momment seems a bit loose maybe tighten it up somehow i will tinker away and see what i can come up with 👍:

81 km driven ..I give up for now, not getting anywhere, settings need some work .I'll try again tomorrow .

Best time 1'12.519 :irked:

Ok, I got the car, but the settings are still off compared to the average settings mentioned here... (as usual)

I also want to know what color everyones car is... I managed to get a yellow one.

Anyway, I would like to see more settings from you guys so I dont have to take too much time for that.

I also am going to start racing right about now...

So I will be back with my settings after I test the ones I set for myself.

Hey boom, i raced it and when i finshed the thing didnt show me my individual lap times and i know my total but i dont know my each lap time!!!!!!! urrrrrrrrr

@Go Kents my cars White i've got a gun metal one too but that ones gubbed so i had to run the race again to get a new one..
If you have problems with over steer try those posted by max there an excelent starting point

Been running more test,s tinkering etc new best lap the low 1'11's mark still loads to do to the car right enough but a good days testing all the same

Well im calling it a night
Laters ;)

ok, i've got the first session under my belt and have the car tuned up pretty good here. tough to set her up but she needs to be loose as a goose and trown around like a rag doll. now this took some doing, i did'nt just climb in, drive 10 miles and viola! actually i'm about 65 miles in but hit my goal for the night with a 1'09.969

good time max.!!!!!!!1 i ran a lap and my best has been 1:11 and i know i cant easily beata mine but its just those almost 250 degree turn thienges were its purple on the ground u now what im trying to say! :D

Im getting killed here fellas.

I need some settings other than the bunk crap ones I set up on my own.

1.11.???

That is just wild to me right now.

I need to put in some time here or Im gonna be falling in class.

Of course, I should have some time tonight to do a little racing, but based on my quick setting testings... I dont think Im gonna be up to speed on this race.

Its gonna be a tough one for me.

I dont have exscues though, just the honest truth... This is not my race and it gonna take work a boat load of racing to get on time with you guys.

I am willing to bet I do over 800 miles before I can get to the times mentioned here.

Of course the problem is the fact I probably woulnt have time for 800 miles.

So lets just see how it goes.

But once again... I beg you guys....

Settings please.

And I wondered if anyone is having problems with breaking the car side ways during braking?

Ok GoKents.

Springs low in front and higher in the rear create oversteer. Vice versa.

Same with stabalizer settings.

Lower your braking balance.

Before anyone starts to post there settings that they are using, I would like to say that everyone should be trying out some of there own. Adjust one setting at a time and see how the car reacts to it. Then as you get a feel of what works and how it works, then you can start applying others settings, but more importantly creating your own that suit your way of driving.

Nice, just did a 1'12.285. I think there's a lot of room for improvement, i'm getting a good feel of the car, now. It's actually oversteering a bit!

I'm surprised no one mentionned the AI so far. Stupid R390 keeps on blocking me through the tunnel. :irked:

had a few laps on and off tonight (still in free run ) hitting mid 1.10's quite a lot but will need some work to get on Max 's pace :irked:

it'll take a bit of setting up ... but i think i can get there :cool:

Started this a little earlier tonight and with a slight adjustment of VCD, Gearing and downforce, I am running mid 1'15. Now I am going for the full setup and see what I can do. It will take some time, but I think I'll be able to nail this car. I also think I am going to do the mistake that Max had done last race with leaving the T4s on for the tuning then slapping some T8s on the baby.

Best lap so far is a 1'12.205 and that is with T4s I think in a matter of five minutes I nailed the setup on my first try. We'll see. . . I got some more fine tuning to do and to test this out also with T8s but I think I'm onto something. - Oh yeah, D'oh that should have been an 1'11.XXX run but I nicked a wall after the turn around on turn 7 so I know it is not a legit run, but I am just doing free run currently before I run against the AI.

**** :mad:

I like this car, but my one has over 1000km on it. Major power loss and Im not going to do another championship to win it.
Too bad

Dude guys... I bet the BEST I can get will be around 1.15+. And all you people complaining...... lol. I havn't actually tried it yet. But who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

Oh yeah... I like this whole people posting settings idea. Especially since I don't really know how. :) I kinda considerate it cheating, cause your not taking the time to figure out youself, but it's still cool. I think someone should be in charge of posting up ONE relative setting each time to help all the newbs(me) out. :-p So i could start with the given one and work from there. Maybe even learn a thing or two about tuning along the way..

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

I won't be able to run any races for about 3-4 weeks, as I've got a lot of crap going on at work (Big Boss is in! EEK!) and i'm also studying HTML at TAFE - Tertiary And Further Education - but I will make regular stops at this forum just to check and see if I can pick up any new settings (Max and RER 👍 ) and I will update the link in my sig regularly. This is John signing out. I shall be back.

Have fun racing,
John.

:eek: Hell Max..slow down mate, thats entirely too fast for the start of a racing session! looking forward to taking part in this race as I should be able to find the time to have a quick skid around SSR5...btw Boom, nice car/track combo! 👍

Originally posted by HRT_Maloo
**** :mad:

I like this car, but my one has over 1000km on it. Major power loss and Im not going to do another championship to win it.
Too bad

Well Maloo, I must say that I'm a bit disapointed to hear that. Guess I'll have to wait till next week to race you again.

You have a Xport?

Back