Weekly Race Series, Week 41

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 150 comments
Btw, its obvious to me now (after seeing gbr's times) that I am/was screwing things up just after t2.

I haven't really run anymore of this since the diablo took over my racing, but before I stopped this race, I had a 1.26.6 in the ruf.

However, I was running in the 1.00.2 range at t2.

So where am I lossing the time?

Guess I will have to put some extra effort in if I get back around to racing this one.

Kent, for me i noticed where there are those 2 U turns one after the other, the first one i made up alot of time there, its really hard to judge where and when to start braking, for me the U turns is where i made up alot of my time, i just had a really clean lap, almost flawless up until i bumped a wall about 2-3 turns before the straight away.

Jpec, uhmmm.....I would say about 15-20 laps before i got that one, but all in all ive probly ran a good 45-50laps in this car. One thing i noticed that really helped me to get a fast time, is I noticed i always look behind me to check my ghost and alot of the time that would take away my focus and or I would get all happy and mess up, sooooo i turned of the ghost and just ran the course and payed attention to my T times and believe it or not it was only about my 3rd lap without the ghost on and then i ran those T times and I ran a REALLY fast lap time, I dont know how boom would feel if i posted my lap time, but ill say its under 2mins, how far under, well you all will just have to wait til the end and findout.

I am pretty happy with this time, I think I am going to hold off on trying to get a faster time until someone post some T times relatively close to mine, I'm tempted to use the Lotus and see what i can squeeze out of that, chances are i wont be able to hold in my urge and I'll end up running some laps with it. hehe:lol:

Hm, 15-20 laps when I have trouble keeping my concentration for ten; that's going to be a challenge. Also, I'm having trouble finding a decent setup for the Boxster (i.e. 3400s). Anyone think they could help me out with that?

This is the best time that I got with the stock setup:
T1: 0'16.687
T2: 1'01.866
T3: 1'27.727

Well I have had serious troubles trying to have a good pace between T2 and T3 sectors, kinda slow in there...best time so far is:

T1=0'16.379
T2=1'00.455
T3=1'26.271

Geeze after watching the best T3 time posted in here, I have noticed that I lose almost a bloody second...wow didn't expect that:(

Geeze after watching the best T3 time posted in here, I have noticed that I lose almost a bloody second...wow didn't expect that

You're losing a second to 1 person (that we know of) everyone else has posted times in the 1'26 range. I'm no exception.

Originally posted by danoff
You're losing a second to 1 person (that we know of) everyone else has posted times in the 1'26 range. I'm no exception.

I'm still behind, I guess because I'm running purely stock setup with ASM and TCS engaged...

Got a late start this week due to the Holiday. Tested a few cars yesterday (Clio, Ruf and the Lotus). Wanted to test an NSX also, but since time was getting short, I decided to stick with the Ruf.

With a little tuning and practice, I'm at 1:28.9 :(

Lot's of places to make up time, if I get a chance to work at it.

Hi all, I'm not going to have a go at this weeks race but I was wondering, I've done the Lancer race to register for these weekley races and to see what class I'm in, that was last week and I've heard zip to tell me where I stand, so if boom reads this can you PM me please, also even though I don't know my class can I start competing anytime now?

Geeze I had a T3 time of 1.25.890 and screwed it on the last corner, great!!!:mad:

btw my best lap so far is:

T1=0'16.307
T2=1'00.180
T3=1'26.123

I'm still gunning for a 1'26.9 (look at the T3 time I have posted above, that's almost a second over my goal). I doubt I'll get anywhere close, because I'm not gonna really have any time to race tonight. Oh well, see you all at the finish line!

Geeze this was a tough lap to get, but I made it :)

Despite of my fever, lots of coughing and weakness of my body, I could make the time I wanted to:D and sending it to boom:)

T times are:

T1=0'16.189
T2=1'00.370
T3=1'25.936

I could manage only once to get a T2 under the minute, but blew it up on the two U-turns :(

Originally posted by boombexus
Where is everyone this week?
I'm here, but you have to really squint to see me in the rear view! :lol:

A little tweaking and a lot of laps got me to:

1:01.788
1:27.621

Didn't start testing until Saturday, so only two days to race. And I had to take a little time off to reclaim the 400m FR title over at Racing-line (Viper GTS 9.091). Might give this one more 10 lap shot (my car starts about 4 hp under the limit, so I get 10 or 11 before 3.75), but my thumbs are sore and I'm a little burned out on SR11 II :banghead:

Great race idea boom! Never owned the 3400S before, but it's a keeper too!

Originally posted by boombexus
3 hours till deadline!

Where is everyone this week?

I'm here.
I've just returned from San Diego and a week with my Parents. :)
The weather's pretty crappy in Ca.
I'll fire up the console and give it a go in the Ruf.
It looks like it's the stand-out.
I think I have a decent setup from Wk38. I hope they work at R11.

Back at you soon. ;)

I'm afraid i won't have time to send anything in this week... :( I've been working my ass off at work, trying to close off the month in time, and i barely had any free time for myself... I'll try to get something for next week, though.

Originally posted by Oliver DePlace
I'm here.

👍

Happy to see that!

@PR, that's cool. I completely understand as the ski season is starting to get underway here and things are really starting to pick up.
Free time is at a premium.

Originally posted by HareTurtle
And I had to take a little time off to reclaim the 400m FR title over at Racing-line (Viper GTS 9.091)

So you're the fast little bugger with that super duper time from the viper on Racing-line, i was shooting for first but it seems REALLY hard to get, definitly some quality time in with tuning. I think i am like 6th or something for the viper 400M.

Btw, saturday i formated my harddrive and it has been a living hell spent all of yesterday and today trying to fix things, i cant get my audio working, haven't had any time at all today to do any racing. :banghead:

well i will just have to submit my time, As soon as dads finished watching a DVD on the ps2.

I managed 4 clean saves.
After some tuning, I was doing 1'25s after 4 laps.
When I compared the first 3 saves, it was apparent that I wasn't doing the 4th section properly.
It took another 15 laps to finally get a better final.
Best save:
1'25.086 Botched Sector 15 and lost .4sec.
submitted.

Good luck and see you in the results thread.

:) :) :) :)

As normaly ODP comes in and puts us to shame in 20 or so LAPS

Calling it now... odp all the way.

I know this for one reason... odp is faster than me.

I put in about 10 minutes with the ruf and managed a 26.??? in almost no time, so I knew instantly that any real pro putting in a 30 minute session would yeild a low 25.

Good job odp... but there should also be one more thing from my mouth...

Good job to all the rest of you.

Sure it takes skill to win or place well, but it takes real balls to submit your time and keep working at it throughout the weeks.

Odp, your good, but you guys that are keeping the weekly alive... your the real heart of the weekly.

well my time is submitted. I reckon i could of got... hang on i will continue this in the results thread in about 40mins

Originally posted by GBR
I think i am like 6th or something for the viper 400M.
Yeah, you and Mustang-man made me a "little" nervous when you popped up on the charts. ;)

Anyway, tried another session, to no avail. Time submitted. Such a subtle, tricky track. I'll definitely have to check out some replays. Sure are some great sector times posted! :eek:

Back