Weekly Race Series, Week 47

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 121 comments
If I hadn't spent so much time already and it wasn't my favorite, I probably would switch to the focus, but who wants to drive that?

np

Although I'm not a setup genius I've found that with with most cars I've tried this week, setting high camber (4/2) and toe (1/1) helps loads. Medium front suspension with stiffer rear. Setting stabilisers too high makes it harder to turn.
I've got power distribution at 35% with quite high front downforce and less on the back.

Although I don't normally use TC I've got it set at 5 - helps stop it wheelspinning out the tight turns.

I've found that gearing and when you change can make a big difference to the cornering. Use the low-end torque to help prevent sliding by changing up early just as you enter the corner. You might need to blip down then up to get the accelleration back but it seems to kinda work for me.

Finally dont set brakes too high otherwise you tend to lock up and slide. Mine are at 12/14. Brake a bit earlier and keep it smooth seems to be better than waiting till the last second and slamming the anchors on.

All I got to do now is stop hitting them damn walls! The blind right just before the hairpin does me in :banghead:

Hope this helps a bit - but not too much so you beat me ;)

I suppose its too late for me to start this week (been busy last few weeks) so i will start next week. (10 000 post in WRF

As far as TCS, I've noticed that for the most part on the cars I've used that the TCS does'nt do much unless your coming out of first gear or have the car completely out of shape. And if the car is sliding that much, the lap time is'nt going to be good regardless.

I' have my brakes set at about 9 front 10 rear.

Got my T's to:

Uf, way behind. Now some tuning-skills could be handy. Well I'll give it one more try tomorrow.

Originally posted by Redline Fox
As far as TCS, I've noticed that for the most part on the cars I've used that the TCS does'nt do much unless your coming out of first gear or have the car completely out of shape. And if the car is sliding that much, the lap time is'nt going to be good regardless.

That's why i don't normally use it but I think it does help in the wet.

Holy cow! I've seen the light.
Just tried some pocket tuning on my Evolution Rally Car.
Lowered the ride height, increased downforce and springrate and got a totally different car. In 45 min I cut 3 seconds of my lap and 2 seconds of my T2: 56.641. :lol: :lol:
I'll never race with stock settings again.

Famine youre actually right, im not listed on the registered drivers list, but i used to be:odd:
You can even see where i came in week 46 in division 2 to tell that im not crazy and i am telling the truth!?
whats up with that Boom?:odd:

I knew I wasn't going crazy... :D

I've improved my time, with a different car. My best splits are now:
T1: 30.968
T2: 54.9xx (forgot to write it down... Bugger!)

And I've got another 1.4s off my lap time. Hurrah!

Should be a close one with Heinrich this week, I think :D

Haven't made much progress in the past few days - still stuck at T1 = 31.3xx ; T2 = 55.5xx.

I've seen a T1 of 31.0xx and a T2 of 55.2xx, but unfortuantely not on a clean lap...

Time submitted. I didn't run much at all, i would say less than 40 laps. But hopefully i will be able to play more this comming week.

Time submitted.

T1=31.598 T2=55.450

I've had T1's over half a second quicker, but the second and third sectors on this lap were probably my best, so this is my quickest lap.

Looks like another good week in Division 2. I was prepared not to like this race, but its a good combination.

T1: 31.3

T2: 55.1

Originally posted by Oliver DePlace
boom:

This POS won't show a chase view in replay.

If this is unacceptable, then please disregard my submitted time.

I could never get mine to do that. I drive in car, and if I try to switch camera views with X it just goes into the car.

Time sent approx. 20 hours ago. Couldn't log in though, when I wanted to post this message.
See you next week. :)

Originally posted by Goomba
I could never get mine to do that. I drive in car, and if I try to switch camera views with X it just goes into the car.
After X, press left arrow and you have it

Originally posted by Barbol
After X, press left arrow and you have it

That's what it's supposed to do.
Does your Peugeot 206 have a chase view in replay?

Goomba: Is it a 206 to which you are referring?

The 206 and one of the Imprezzas are two cars, that I know of, which do this.

Maybe it's a glitch?
I wonder if there is a .ini reference? Famine?

Originally posted by hippyneil
For new racers not used to tuning take a look at: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-36814.html

Thanks Neil. :)
My problem isn't so much finding the tuning information, but to actually getting started to use it. I've been reading a lot of tuning guides, but it wasn't really necessary to beat GT3. So apart from fooling around with the gears I've never bothered to try the fine art of tuning.
Another problem I've got is that I really don't know much about cars, so many of the techniques described is just difficult for me to understand. I guess what it takes is to getting forced to use it many times. I was really astonished over, how much time I gained with a very little effort in this weeks race. So I hope this OLR will give the motivation to go deeper in this subject.

I think i also need a crash course in tuning
and i know this isnt the forum to be discussing it, but would a wheel and using manual make a significant difference to my times?

Back