Weekly Race Series, Week 49

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 212 comments
Originally posted by scuderia229
Good lord.
I'll be curious to know your race line strategy tomorrow when the results are announced.
You need an X-port. Best way to learn is to watch someone else's replay.

Originally posted by Mr P

best T3 in suby Proto so far 49.1:tup:
Right there with you Mr P!👍
I wasn't going to post yet but now I see I'll have to try to get into the 48's. :irked: *and Max E said you were'nt going to run this week*:rolleyes: :lol:

Well, running even with a guy who lostto me by 2 seconds last week is not going to work for me. It's homework and then racing until my hands are severed (I'll try to get a time that's at least .5 seconds faster at T3 in by midnight)...

Originally posted by Jpec07
I think I've had a slight improvement on my last time (submitted)

15.928, 33.135, 51.353

Looks like I'm going to be contending closely with NielsG this week, but if I can get a better time this evening (before Midnight) I will submit it and hopefully win...

I doubt it. I dump 3 tenth from T3 to the line compared to several of my other saves. :(

Originally posted by scuderia229

I'll be curious to know your race line strategy tomorrow when the results are announced.

Sorry mate ... the only save i managed in the NTSC version before the game constantly crashed on me was the Delta run which I will post if wanted ;)

my Subaru save is run in PAL ...will attempt the NTSC again tonight but I think its gonna give me trouble again :irked:

here's a link to my old PAL TT8 mpeg which should help with lines :cool:

http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/files/tt8.wmv

this file is best played in windows media 9

(I have a faster NTSC TT8 but no mpeg as yet :( )

Good Luck All:tup:

Originally posted by Mr P
Sorry mate ... the only save i managed in the NTSC version before the game constantly crashed on me was the Delta run which I will post if wanted ;)

my Subaru save is run in PAL ...will attempt the NTSC again tonight but I think its gonna give me trouble again :irked:

here's a link to my old PAL TT8 mpeg which should help with lines :cool:

http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/files/tt8.wmv

this file is best played in windows media 9

(I have a faster NTSC TT8 but no mpeg as yet :( )

Good Luck All:tup:

That is almost teh same line I was using (other than I take the uphill section right before the T3 stright much strighter)

BUt how on earth do you get the car to stick to the ground the way you do on;

- The last high speed right hander in T1
- The first right hander in T2
- The lefty just over the bridge.

On those three turns you have the same line I used...just you don't use any brake. I figured out how to do that on the first one, the second one I just got last night but I either blow it totally or mke it 50/50, but tht last one I ALWAYS have to brake into that banking to not slide to the fence.

That being said last night at 12:30am I figured out the "flick of the wheel" to send the car slightly sideways to slow down and get in line for the next corner...I don't claim to be a master at it but you don't even look like youa re doing it there!

Well I can say this much, after reviewing P's line, I managed to pull .5 off of my time.

Sadly, I lose .6 after t3, but hey Im still happy with it for my first real rally race. (getting bronze in the tt, and using a fully tuned ctr2 to beat the rallys in sim is hardly the experience needed to compete at this level.)

Anyway, I've done a good hour with the impreza. Done tons in the evo, and even some of the delta.

Lancer time is being submitted.

I AM VINDICATED!!!!

Thanks Mr. P for backing me up with the subaru. I really couldn't imagine how the other cars could be any faster. You're the man!

As for me... well... my final time is going to be way behind, but don't worry GoKents I'll still turn it in.

:lol:

Yeah dude, don't sweat it, I have a feeling you still took me. Not sure by how much, but I mean, .6 lost after t3. That surely leaves the door open for you.

Regardless, I doubt either of us will take a podium. With mich & P where they are, and eggman putting in a 49.5 keeper... unless he pulled something like I did and totally ruined the last section, we are both gonna be fighting for fourth.

Oh well. Untill next weeks race is announced, plan on me getting back to the tarmac. :mischievous:
No doubt, you guys have me here, so Im gonna move on. :lol:
See ya on the road. :D

Mr. P's racing line looks exactly the same as mine.... oh well... it must be a tricky business getting that last half a second out. Thanks for posting that Mr. P, I'm finding out today that I'm not crazy!

Kents,

I ran the last segment perfectly once and have since beaten the final time, but I haven't come within .3 seconds of that last segment. I don't know how to get it right... I'm thinking it's over for this week. :)

It was fun! (and stressful)

I ran another 30 laps today and couldn't improve my T3 time.:( On the other hand I did improve the last right, left combo after T3 and dropped .5 seconds off :D This race ie finished for me. Time submitted

i feel a streetcar run coming for me tonight since i have nothing better to do than take a stab at this here. no shot at podium but i'll do it anyways. do i have tonight or is this joint over???

Well, I finally got into the Scooby Proto and put a time in.. not great but there ya go...:rolleyes:

T1: 15.446
T2: 32.689
T3: 50.896

And this is cos GoKents was moaning!
There.
I done it and didn't totally wimp out.
I've embarresed myself and I hope you're happy :grumpy:

:D

Hey hippy,

Why don't you take your appeasment and well... If you don't wanna turn in your time, fine. But don't act like I twisted your arm when you do turn it in. However, if you do turn a lap in, you will gain respect from all here including myself, not just for running a descent lap (50.8 is good.), but for sticking with the group in good and bad races.

Everyone here knows it, everyone here has done it. (including me)
Sometimes we just don't wanna turn in our bad races. But listen...

If you can turn in your bad races and keep your chin up, you will always be a better racer than the ass that jumps in only for the races he can win.

Respect amongst racers might not mean a thing to some of you, but to me... I would rather be a slow runner and a stand up guy, than a fast asshole.

No personal offense was meant by this,
-kent
btw, this is my 1200th post.

GoKents... I was just messing :)

Although I was going to wimp out... this is true, your post did encourage me to go try some more - so I did.
You're right about the respect bit but at least I did finlly put up a time.
I wasn't really making an issue - just having a laugh mate :D
I have a twisted sense of humour that doesn't always come across in text. As a guide, when reading my posts it should generally be with tongue firmly thrust into cheek :P - like that only not so, you know, out... sort of thing.

Hey dude, it's cool.

All is good.

We are now racing buddies, and literally, anytime you want to jive about the race, hit me. Check my profile for contacts or hit me with a pm.

Either way, Im glad I encouraged your participation. It's too bad some of the other members that aren't with us on this race are not as easily swayed as you.

For that matter, it would nice if I could sway odp and mr.p from ever racing faster than myself. :lol:

Glad to have you with us. :D
Later.

I really liked the discussion this week. I felt like everyone was really trying to help everyone else out. I guess mostly I'm impressed by Mr. P posting his racing line for us - really makes it feel like a group tackling a problem.

Edit: I'm also talking about settings, split times (which happen every week), tips on how to tackle turns... stuff like that.

Exactly. :)

I think it's because this week seemed (for most of us) harder than most.

Although in the end the car list proved devisive, since we all (I think) ended up with a rally car anyway :lol:

Originally posted by danoff
Exactly. :)

I think it's because this week seemed (for most of us) harder than most.

If you ask me, your right. This week was harder. (rally)

And this week was full of discussion by all involved. I was suprised by some, but most of us here were open and helpful with everything possible.

I didn't like the race all too much, but in the end, it wasn't that bad. (even though I have said the opposite about a million times. :P )

Im gonna be looking forward the weeks leading up to week 52, I'm thinking activity in the weekly will pick up. I could be wrong, but let's all hope Im right.

Hey guys :)

A precision screwdriver kit and 20 mins work and my Momo lives again :cool:

Best save in the Suby with wheel has...

15.0 / 31.4 / 48.9

A few more laps to neaten up the end section and I'm done 👍

Good race by all ... well done ;)

laters

On Rons advice I took a few laps on the Momo against his ghost ... (nice set up 👍 )

4 laps later I hit my target! :eek: :eek:

Tried a few laps more to beat it but couldn't :rolleyes:

So I submitted...

15.128 / 31.884 / 49.499

It was a bit of a messy lap, no where near as neat as Rons, but a clean one all the same :P :D

Looking forward to some close results :cool:

Back