Weekly Race Series, Week 5 - Super Autobacs

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 105 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Week 5, Super Autobacs.

Going to give a go with a MR car this week and at a tight track.

The Car: Toyota MR-S Super Autobacs. Install Stage 1 turbo only. 409 HP.
SuperAutoBacs%20APEX%20MR-S.jpg

If you don't have this car in your garage, it can be won by running the "All-Japan GT Championship" Professional League.

The Track: Seattle II (Reverse)

The Race: Hot Lap!!! Send in your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. No wall touching
2. The rumble strips are part of the track.
3. The "sidewalks" are considered part of the track.
4. Any concrete areas behind the rumple strips are part of the track.
5. Save your replay!!!
6. No hybrids
7. Enjoy :)

Time discussion will be T2 times only.

The Deadline: Midnight, Mountain Standard Time (USA) of Monday, March 24th. www.worldtimezone.com

I will need to check if i've still got this car .
I can't remember if i sold it or not ..

But im in anyways ..;)

Allright!!! Seattle II:D

It's not really my favorite car, but the track makes everything worth it. I will start this one tonight or tomorrow.

Just a quick question, what tires do we run it on. There's no mention of upgrading to T8s, so do we run on the standard T5s?

Boom, as always, an interesting choice.
You must sit up nites and do some very deep thinking to come up with these car/track combos.:lol:

Damn i need to run the race to win this car

I must have sold it as soon as i won it or done the save trick
I think that is the same race you get the R390 race car is it not or something equally as good
If that is the case then that would explain why i don't have this car :D

Im off to get me this automobile then i will turn in a few laps tonight

Love the choice Boom!!! :) I know that Go Kents is going to be extremely excited about this choice. Seattle 2 is a tough technical course though. Going to need some pratice and hopefully I'll be satisfied with my results this week. :)

PS. I take it we are using the stock version that you win from simulation and no upgrades right?

I can't read for the life of me. . . D'oh. Fine just blame it on the blind kid why don't you :lol:

alright, Im loving it, this should be another great race with times that start high and just keep getting lower.

I also want to point out that this is the exact type of race I was suggesting, so thanks boom... excellent call on selection of track and course.

Tight technical and in reverse so its not from memory the same way as others.

Plus the weak little mr is gonna be hard to master...

Im off to win the car now and then off to the races...

thanks again boom...

Good Choice Boom, But.. lol , i hate Racing in the Professionel League . i absoloutly hate the fact u have to do 10 per race ..:D :lol: ill try this but the other cars are tempting i mite race this 2 times lol:D its a nice car i was thinking of getting it but i didnt know where it was :lol: .. :D better get started Soon:D

ohh, this oughta be good. another car ive never really seriously tried to drive before, on a track im a little less experienced at. dis gonna take some work!

Hi boombexus:
:confused:I need a tyre type Clarification: do we run the T5s this ride comes with or can we change to T8s or whatever tyre we want???:confused:

:D Thanx in advance...UB57 :D

:D Since I was able to contribute so little last week due to the FLU, & the results show this unfortunately, thought I'd start this one off. Still waiting for "Tyre Type Clarification" so ran a few laps on T5s w/minimal "tweaking." Have never driven this car before but it seems like fun, Best "Clean" T2 so far is 58.8xx' w/lots of oversteer. Lots more to come off I'm sure...UB57
:D

I'm stting here itching to run this one, and I'm stuck at work. A 58.8, hmmm sounds like a good time to me. run into any problem areas UB57?

Ok, I just got the car... finally.

This will be the first time I have even driven the car besides on trial run when I saw it in arcade mode.

It took me 131.43.8 minutes to win the all Japanese champ. races and that equals just over two hours.

I only did 6 of the ten and won the series by 2 points.

I am now gonna actually try to race this sucker and see how it goes...

Talk to you guys later once I have some T2's to post.

To miata13B:
:D Just the oversteer. The car is so slow compared to the last 2 rides we've had the only real problem I have is getting thru the initial chicane cleanly. I tried settings from one of my favorite tuners @ GTVault, but ran over 2 seconds slower than w/my initial stab in the dark, so guess I'll build on my settings a little at a time...UB57

BTW: Don't get too distracted trying to read your T2 Time as it's RIGHT before the left onto the downhill!!!

Ugh, i'll have to do JGTC Pro before doing any racing, i don't think i have this one. :nervous:

Should be a fun race, however!

Originally posted by UB57
Don't get too distracted trying to read your T2 Time as it's RIGHT before the left onto the downhill!!!

I know, I shut my eyes for that corner as well, UB57. ;) I'm gonna try and win myself a rather nice little car - I've always enjoyed the MR-S in arcade mode and with a bit more power she should be a little sweetheart.

To Wastegate :
:D Yes, I'm sure this thing will handle like it's on rails w/only 409 HP. I'm not gonna jack w/suspension anymore 'till I find out if we can run T8s as they MIGHT cure my slight oversteer problem...UB57

I love this car!!! It's up there for one of my favourites. It's a little slow, but it looks good and handles better. :)

Suprisingly, I like the track, too. :eek: Seattle has always been a pain in my ... (I hate those frickin' train tracks :irked: ), but with a little bit slower car, it's fun. And damn if it doesn't look good on the replay!

Good choices, boom.

Did 15 or so laps with some minimal tuning* and T8 tires, and ran a clean lap with a 56.7xx T2.

* Everything default, except:

Bound: 6/6
Rebound: 8/8
Brakes: 16/20
Auto Setting: 25
Downforce: Max/Max
ASM: 0

Running in the mid to low 56's @T2 running T8's

Not much done to the car except for the obvious DF TCS etc
Will start mucking about with springs etc in my next session..

Watching my replays in the Analyzer, what seems to make or break my T2 (and lap) times are sectors 5,6 and 7 (the bus stop, over the tracks and onto the long uphill).

My best lap had me stay off of the rumble strip on the left side of the bus stop entry, over the rumble strip on the right of bus stop exit, then full on the gas accelerating through the left of bus stop exit and the left onto the back streach, not letting off until the hairpin.

Comparing my best lap (56.7xx) to one of my earlier ones (58.9ish), the two were pretty much the same except for these three sectors.

And now, for something completely different ... Does anyone have suggestions about the last two corners (right before the home streach)? Should I be taking them as one corner, trying to carve a smooth arch around both, or treating them as a double apex, fast into the first and out onto the outside rumble strip before the second?

CRAP!!!!

sorry boombexus but this car takes toooooooo long to win...... I probably wont be doing this one, unless I get HEAPS of extra time that appears out of no where.

Could you please choose a car nest time that doesn't take 1 hour+ to win!!!!!!

And i dont have an X-Port

I just put down some times...

First I used my time to tune the car, and with the first proper tuning I put down a descent time..

So, I was cool with the settings.

Then I ran on those settings to get an idea of kind of times I could do.

With these settings I just put down a 55.577 and another couple of 55's.

Im running pretty consistant in the 56's and because I just got a new job and because of the times Im pulling, the next thing on my "to buy list" is an export right after an oil change for my real car.

If you guys are interested in those settings, just hit me up because Im not gonna post them in the open.

Plus, for now I want to send a specific message to boom (and the rest of you)...

Boom,

I wanted to say that this racing series has now been justified as achieving its original purpose.
Above all other reasons was the idea of having fun. Thats an easy one.

But the other reason was to further the skills of those involved.

With the help of the many members on this board, I have increased my speed and most important, I increased my capabilities.

I want to make a distinction between those two.

The capabilities that have increased are my raw ability to race and handle the vehicle.

The speed was increased in a net amount by the new assest I have obtained...

TUNING

The very point of these personal garage cars was to allow tuning and to teach tuning.

After getting an idea of tuning through the vertigo race, I took it to a new level with the Fto Lm race. (dispite dissapointing results)

Now I have had the chance to use these new "skills" on an honest MR car with vast potential.

This potential still hasn't been filled, but it is being tapped into greatly.

I am already running through the first section and passing the railroad tracks with no bump steer at all.

Tuning, in concert with practice has given me a greatly personal racing potential and that was the goal of this series.

Even if I am the only one to walk away from this weekly racing series with a changed ability in gt, it will still be a success.

(although I know that many others are experiencing or will experience the same things soon)

Thanks to all of you,
kent

Well, I ran about 15 laps of this race and so far I have a 56.4xx as my fastest time. UNfortunately because of an emergency trip to Georgia tomorrow, I am going to be gone until sunday evening, it is going to be hard for me to get some racing in. I would bring my PS2, but I have to discuss it with my girlfriend first. Hopefully she will let me take it, but I will not have any internet connection. Gonna send the time I have in now to Boom. I don't think it will stand, but at least I will be putting in a time. Oh well. This had to happen on a week that I love the car and track choice. :(

Back