Weekly Race Series, Week 5 - Super Autobacs

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 105 comments
not its either stick up for them, or put up with them. i do neither. considering im only 15 and i had $3000 worth of stuff stolen from my room. all of which i payed for myself.

Originally posted by Auto_1
not its either stick up for them, or put up with them. i do neither. considering im only 15 and i had $3000 worth of stuff stolen from my room. all of which i payed for myself.

HOLY **** MILES!!!!!!

did this happen on Friday while you were at school

BAD LUCK

**** i honestly feel sorry for you......

did they take the laptop as well
or just your fried computer......

have your parents got any insurance

your mum will feel sorry for you now!!!

yea they took like 3000 worth of stuff from my room.. my folks stereo. both laptops. the coffee machine and the good phone and sum other crap.. like more than 10 grand in total.

Auto_1,

I suggest that you take youth_cyclers advice and shape up, and I really advise you that you refrain from calling anyone (not only moderators) names.
youth_cycler's actions were correct and justified and I stand behind his decision 100%.
The team of moderators here are well aware of you and you will be watched closely. As you said in another thread, you have many e-mail accounts. That may be true, but you only have one IP.
Do tread lightly Auto_1, especially in my areas. :mischievous:

Thanks,

Boom

running in the high 54's low 55's (will have to consult my replay) cant remember off hand
that last downhill righthander takes some huge gonads to go fast ( and clean ;) ) here
do like the car/track combo here Boom
c yas at the finish line
clint

Originally posted by boombexus
Auto_1,

I suggest that you take youth_cyclers advice and shape up, and I really advise you that you refrain from calling anyone (not only moderators) names.
youth_cycler's actions were correct and justified and I stand behind his decision 100%.
The team of moderators here are well aware of you and you will be watched closely. As you said in another thread, you have many e-mail accounts. That may be true, but you only have one IP.
Do tread lightly Auto_1, especially in my areas. :mischievous:

Thanks,

Boom

Burn Miles
you got the hell spanking....lol

And to Boom......Miles pretty much never means anything he says, his profile was just a joke and he retaliated at youth cycler because "Miles is never wrong"....lol (were friends)

And boom i wont be able to compete this time due to time restrictions.

I am going to the Motor Show tomorrow and have to prepare a speech as well....so sorry.

Well Im back for an update on T2's.

Im putting down 54's almost every time and most importantly, my best lap is on one of these 54's.

However, the best lap was a 54.9 and on every lap I am getting a T1 that is .5 or so ahead of the best lap.

That is basically a good sign to me because it goes to show that I can easily take .5 off my time.

Now Im off to the races to actually do that.

Talk to you again once I have done it...

Originally posted by lotus350
Cya at Autumn Ring II Clint ;) :mischievous:

...in my rearview mirror i hope ;) :D

had alook at my replay and its at 55.5
...i still have some work to do i see

tried some racing today, just couldnt get into it, i think i burned myself out w/ that FTO race..haha. Ive got monday off so we'll see how i feel about it then. I think the best clean lap save ive got right now has a t2 of 55.7, bleh.....Man, i noticed no ones been posting up any settings or anything except for lotus. Is everyone holdin back this time? How about some tips...i can never take that first chicane w/out bouncing off a wall or slowing down too much. Whats the best way to approach that one so you can take it smoothly?

Hmmmm, just realized that I was using T5 tires. I was struggling there for a bit. Now I'm back on the right set of tires and I'm starting to pull T2's of 54.

I'll keep ya posted.

Settings I'm currently using:

5.8/11.8
85/90
5/5
10/10
2.2/1.5
0/0
2/4
15/10
5/20/5
Tranny trick: 3.499 Shortened 6th to 1.125
1.00/1.20
ASM: 0
TCS: 0

Hey IDFCA21

That first turn is a nightmare for me as well. What I usually do is try to run through it as straight as possible. Approach from the center of the track, downshift to 5th, back on the gas and upshift back to 6th. This usually keeps my car balanced enough to get right through there.

Hope it helps.

Best T2 right now is 56.56... I'm losing time from the start through T1. :mad:

Auto_1 ure really going to far uve recieved warnings.. .. u should read the Rules and Guidelines of GTP.. and ure abuseing the right to state ure opinion.. .. like Boom, said u should shape up.

Originally posted by boombexus
Hey IDFCA21

That first turn is a nightmare for me as well. What I usually do is try to run through it as straight as possible. Approach from the center of the track, downshift to 5th, back on the gas and upshift back to 6th. This usually keeps my car balanced enough to get right through there.

Hope it helps.

Thanks! I think thats actually what I did on my best lap save ive got. I'll have to look that over and over and study what I did..haha. You cant get on the brakes too much before that turn cuz if you do the rear just gets away from you and you end up w/ a double whammy bouncin off both walls

still not strung together that perfect lap yet ..Not been on this one much ..

But Best clean T2 54.4XX but i messed up on the left hander just after T2

I think i may be going in too deep on this one as the rear end seems to come off the ground as im entering the turn thus loosing loads of traction
Or it could be the setup..

But i will definatly post up a time good or bad :)

Finally got around to giving this a try and was miles off the pace. Now I'll try it again with the Stage 1 turbo and see if that makes any difference.

I am now still working on it and have a 54.5 in my sights.

Im pulling them, but thats worth noting if I cant put it down in a lap.

The lap will come...

I've settled for a 54.7. I got a couple of 54.5's but then battered the wall on the right hander at the bottom of the hill.

Originally posted by Auto_1
narf, narf, narf. yeaaaaaaaaap, i can get a 52.6 :D.

anybody can do that in a car (the one we are running ATM) with over the stated 409HP:rolleyes:

time submitted, T1 time submitted 5/10ths down on my best:mad:, just couldnt string it all together wouldve had a 54.7 otherwise

c yas at the next one:tup:

T2 - 53.855

Runnin the same settings that I posted earlier with the exception of -.5 front toe and .2 more camber on both front and rear.

Where you at Mr. Holland?

Back