Weekly Race Series, Week 50 - RESULTS

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 190 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by danoff
I come here to have a good time and race against some fast people, not get insulted.

Yea, I don't feel like pissing away money or time. What the hell should you care? I started racing on this series because it said that I didn't have to have an xport. I guess that was a lie. I read somewhere about this series that there were other ways to verify that your race is legit. "Just save you replays"

I did. I put up the information but you, Max, and Kents are not satisfied. Well I don't give a damn. Here I was thinking this was a gentleman's race and that when I tried to cooperate I would be met with some respect.

The pictures prove that I have a replay that corresponds closely with the analyzer data. In other words, I didn't make it up.

You wouldn't even know that if I posted a replay! Think about it for a second man!!!! THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN BE SURE!!!

Why don't you come over to my apartment and watch me do it realtime. I'll buy you a ****ing plane ticket.

where do you live?? i'll take that ride. i seldom have anything to do these days except be an ass.

What is MKs program? Can it take Mr. P's replay and verify from the replay alone what the car has under the hood?
Yes you can. As for who drove the car:rolleyes: :odd:

hey man, it's not exactly proper protocol to make fun of those engaging in sef-effacing humor. now i must call you a dip****. you'll have to forgive me one day. thanks and cheers mate 👍

As for who drove the car

Yea, as for who, or what, drove the car. What about some sort of device to slow down the play speed like they had for regular NES. Or some kind of computer driven input that can be tweaked.

Don't fool yourself, there's no real way to know that any of this stuff is legit without seeing it.

All I can give you is the major probability that it is legit by posting my sector times and a few stills that show I have a replay that corresponds.

Originally posted by GoKents
Only a replay really does it.
(especially in this case where the section 4 for hienrich is almost .2 behind p, then section 5 manages to gain almost .2 on p.)(btw, with the nature of the straight that contains 4&5, I really only see this as possible if P messes up. *not just tap the brakes, but actually deviates from proper line, and/or breaks into a slide and/or over brakes)
While I agree that only a replay really does it, the argument follwing "especially" looks pretty lame when you consider that everybody who has posted a sector 4 time was slower than P, and everybody who has posted a sector 5 was faster than P. I'm not rendering a judgement, but if you're going to hang anyone, in a series where replays are explicitly not required, I think you need much better evidence.

popc1.gif

I still say it, it's like we all have to be watching P's ass during all sectors, but that won't happen, anyways I'm off to sleep, it's been a long entertaining day, adiós...

Why don't you come over to my apartment and watch me do it realtime. I'll buy you a ****ing plane ticket.

I'll pass on that one thanx ;) your attitude stinks bad enough from this distance ... close up!:eek: .... I dread the thought:rolleyes:

As for how can I prove I do the driving for the replays I provide :P

simple enough, I have been in a live competition held in Amsterdam with over 30 racers from this forum and many others who have raced me live and I had a chance to show my gaming abilities in person ...

and I can post pictures of my tortured thumbs also :D they show the damage over 2 years at this game can do to you, anyway i've done all the verifying bit already.

I'm finished with this thread now

have fun:)

While I agree that only a replay really does it, the argument follwing "especially" looks pretty lame when you consider that everybody who has posted a sector 4 time was slower than P, and everybody who has posted a sector 5 was faster than P. I'm not rendering a judgement, but if you're going to hang anyone, in a series where replays are explicitly not required, I think you need much better evidence.

Sorry bro, but I disagree...

I've only seen P's, hienrich's, danoff's and talentless's replay data.
Unfortunately for you, regardless of danoff, I know that talentless didn't match or beat P.

Anyway, don't bother bringing the fight to me man.
Im just sayin what I see and leavin it be.

btw, no one is acting like P is the god of gt. However, what is important about P's data is that he ended up with the fastest lap overall by a large margin.
So would it be safe to assume he came the closest to a "proper" lap?

Anyway, the more defense I see in this case, the more I remember the oj trial... although this isn't murder, there is one major similarity: It seems no matter what, the prosecution can never win.

I've only seen P's, hienrich's, danoff's and talentless's replay data.
Unfortunately for you, regardless of danoff, I know that talentless didn't match or beat P.

Hmmm! Looking back at the posts I see Talentless with a sector 5 of 5.778, and P with 5.785. I'm not fighting anybody, but the argument originally put forward by the "prosecution" that a slow sector 4 should result in a slow sector 5 is entirely contradicted by the data.

This is going to be the last thing that I post in this thread.....
Mr P has provided a replay for all to view. He has an undisputable reputation as a fast and clean GT racer. We should all hope to drive as well as he does in the different races that he enters. All of us.
This series doesn't require replay verification but when you take that plunge into OLR, you need to provide a way to verify your times. Many of us have X-ports/Sharkports. The best way to verify false entries. If you are going to race in OLR and post times at the top of the leader board, get one now. All of the top racers have one. There is no excuse.
Once your reputation as a GT racer is tarnished, few will ever trust your entry.
Finally, I consider myself to be a pretty fast GT driver and if put in the same car as Mr P, he would beat every time. Think about what has happened here over the last few days and try and find a way to get the right equipment to verify your runs.

However, what is important about P's data is that he ended up with the fastest lap overall by a large margin.
So would it be safe to assume he came the closest to a "proper" lap?

So I guess that means that Heinrich's was the next most proper? So why are you picking on him? By this logic filmfan should be most suspect.

Anyway, the more defense I see in this case, the more I remember the oj trial... although this isn't murder, there is one major similarity: It seems no matter what, the prosecution can never win.
I'll attribute this one to the lateness of the hour. Mr P is a racer of long extablished reputation, and Heinrich is, by comparison, an unknown. If there is any bias, it is, deservedly, in favor of Mr P. But if you are going to make a public accusation regarding a racer, it should be based on solid evidence, not demonstrably false supposition. (i.e. that setor 4 and 5 times should correlate positively).

GoKents I have a lot of respect for you as a fast driver and a standup proponent of the WRS. I'm not looking to make any enenies here, but I can't stand by and watch someone getting pummelled when the facts don't support the accusation. I will concede that 5.60 is a damn fast sector 5, but an extrapolation based on the sector 4's of Danoff, P, Max and Heinrich would project a sector 5 for Heinrich of 5.637, while a projection based only on Danoff, P, and Max would be 5.683. So that 5.60 of Heinrich may represent an "off", but the evidence is far from convincing.

Only 3 replays posted in here so far :rolleyes:

make that 4 out of 28 times submitted

Attachments

• kel week 50 .xps
    45.5 KB · Views: 5
If I'm ahead of Mr. P at any point it's because my corner speeds are sometimes faster.

well this is just bull**** i mean what is goin on. everyone is arguing about times and things. Who cares i mean do i get a trophy for winning, if someone wants to cheat then so be it, i dont think people should accuse others of cheating unless there is good evidence. and comparing one to another is not good evidence. You guys should stop it and see what happens in the next few weeks.

on a happer note iam glad i am finally up at the top of my Div :)

Originally posted by Small_Fryz
well this is just bull**** i mean what is goin on. everyone is arguing about times and things. Who cares i mean do i get a trophy for winning, if someone wants to cheat then so beat it, i dont think people should accuse others of cheating unless there is good evidence. and comparing one to another is not good evidence. You guys should stop it and see what happens in the next few weeks.

on a happer note iam glad i am finally up at the top of my Div :)

Sorry, I was gonna stay out of this cheat debate until now.

Who cares?????...... clean racers who spend time and effort on their clean runs care!

No trophy! ... why the hell not!?

Good evidence?.... what about good proof & manners?

How about comparing 6 different peoples times 4 of which can proove them?

http://lotus3500.tripod.com/week50logger.htm

I bolded out some fishy looking sectors... and yes I have a right to say they look fishy because to me they do, considering there is no proof for them. But I have been wrong maybe just once before so you never know.

I am not however calling anyone a cheat, and if I wanted to I would come right out and say it. I am merely stating that everyone has a right to their own opinion and why bother to go backchannel ? Does Boom care if anyone cheats? I think he already answered that earlier :rolleyes:
So it's left to us competitors to sort out any problems, which we do best we can and sometimes it gets a little heated when there are accusations flying around!
People have a right to speak their minds why should we have to go secretly discussing our suspicions when we can do it out in open and to their faces?

I will concede that 5.60 is a damn fast sector 5, but an extrapolation based on the sector 4's of Danoff, P, Max and Heinrich would project a sector 5 for Heinrich of 5.637, while a projection based only on Danoff, P, and Max would be 5.683. So that 5.60 of Heinrich may represent an "off", but the evidence is far from convincing. [/B]

if my sector 4 was faster than heinrich's, how would i "project" to a slower sector 5 time?? i'm curious. if you are using projection, there's no way a slower 4th sector projects to a faster 5th sector, sorry.

Mr. P. Heinrich Lotus350 Hippyneil Danoff Talentless Max E.

5.484... 5.666... 5.546... 5.629... 5.615... 5.654... 5.590
5.785... 5.600... 6.165... 5.723... 5.708... 5.778... 5.731

as you can see, there is a plain consistancy among the fastest sector 5 times except for one. in the exibit above. you can see that heinrich has the slowest 4th sector (although it is minimal in most cases to be fair), but then his 5th sector is clearly head and shoulders better tha the rest. atleast 1/10 of a second for all times including mine where i was fast through sector 4 and did no braking in sector 5. hippyniel came the closest to duplicating heinrich's feat going in just a tad faster but still coming up over .1 short through the easily cut kink.

this leads me to believe he cut and i have little doubt of it. however, my earlier conclusion that was 100% damning has been reduced to "i'm pretty damned sure". that's the alligation. i did'nt even look into the rest of the lap because i found all the evidence i needed here.

at first i just had Mr P.'s data and it was simply open and shut. what i DID NOT realize was that Mr P. tapped the brakes. but even in the face of these other racer's loggerdata, it looks very bad for heinrich. that is the allegation (for talentless' benefit)

I'll just post my replay even though I totally sucked after T3.:(

And to Max, for someone who makes a big stink about times and then doesn't even bother to turn in a time, you may want to have a bit more tact about how you go about things. Yes, he should prove his time to the best of his ability. I think he's trying to do just that...

And short tempered responses from the other side don't really help either...

so what the hell do I know about anything. I'll go away now.:P

Attachments

• carbonfiber man week 50 race.sps
    45.6 KB · Views: 6
I'm going to try to shake off Mr. P's attack on my character.

Lotus,

Only 3 replays posted in here so far

Is that an indication that everyone is cheating or that most people don't have an xport?

I bolded out some fishy looking sectors

If those were all cheating (which I know you're not saying) then everyone would be cheating.

Max,

I've posted my sector times and I haven't heard you claim that mine are not legit. Do you have any reason to believe that I fabricated them?

If Mr. P was a mere god, than maybe more than a few people could beat him, and regularly

Max,

I've posted my sector times and I haven't heard you claim that mine are not legit. Do you have any reason to believe that I fabricated them?

did you actually look at those times posted or are you talking just to hear yourself talk? you sectors are more in line with the other racers. like everybody else, you are faster in sector 4 and considerably slower in sector 5. when you do something suspicious i'll be sure to let you know. why don't you piss off now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back