Weekly Race Series, Week 50

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 186 comments
Thanks Famine, I think that I order one tomorrow.

And the race. Might give ten more laps today. If I can´t improve my time I´ll play PoP: Sands of time. Damn thats addictive game (and good :P).

Later

Right on E, btw I hit a 1'06.5 but chickened out on the last S corner:embarrassed:

And to Cosworth, I didn't know you lived in England...have you heard of a metal band called Stratovarius(I think they are the most famous there) I love that band and I'm a big fan of them, too bad the drummer and singer left :(

Cosworth lives in Finland... I live in England (as do Mr. P and Lotus 350) and have never heard of them...

I just set a new personal best. My T3 time was .6 seconds slower than my previous personal best. I can't believe I gave up .6 seconds on the back stretch.

Originally posted by Famine
Cosworth lives in Finland... I live in England (as do Mr. P and Lotus 350) and have never heard of them...

hey me too but Im not quite as famous as you lot ! Or that band by the sounds of it cos Ive never heard of them either !

Time submitted this week - I ended up not liking the car at all :banghead: and I wont be anywhere near the top (or middle) of div 2

Never mind its a new week tomorrow.

13 more laps planned for tonight (13 is a lucky race number for me) and thats it, hopefully I'll never need to touch this car again. Hehehe. I doubt I'll beat my best time thus far but then again on the plus side this week's challenge is over and I can ignore the speed 12 again!

The Tuscan I love...the speed 12..."pfui!"

Originally posted by scuderia229
13 more laps planned for tonight (13 is a lucky race number for me) and thats it, hopefully I'll never need to touch this car again. Hehehe. I doubt I'll beat my best time thus far but then again on the plus side this week's challenge is over and I can ignore the speed 12 again!

The Tuscan I love...the speed 12..."pfui!"

Wash your mouth out, you blasphemer!

Originally posted by Famine
Wash your mouth out, you blasphemer!

hahahahaha..... actually the speed 12 isn't THAT bad, just SO not fitting with my driving style (or assumed "style"). I tend to like a car you can drive deep into corners and turn in fast...or at least one that has a larger margin for error. Neitherone of those describe the speed 12...at least in it's stock arcade form.

The Speed 12 is so very odd only a mother could love it, or perhaps a drag racer due to the good tranny and 800hp engine.

I might race it again against the AI in sim mode for a challenge, if it can find a close race that is. But, i'm done with this week's race, and the Speed 12, for now... times have been sent to boom. I must have spent at least 4 or 5 hours on this race, it's taken me a very long time to get a good feel for the car.

The - admittedly Sim mode - stock TVR Speed 12 is possibly my favourite drive in the entire game. Just slap those T3s on it and go PD Cupping... Marvellous.

I should voice my opinion on the 12 at this point.

I feel like the 12 has taken the high spot in my book of dissappointments. This car in real life is so bad ass that it isn't allowed to participate in the 24 hours of LM.

I mean, this car is on par with the McClaren f1 in many ways, yet in gran turismo, the 12 has no grip and an engine that sounds like a garbage disposal.

Oh well. :D

Yippie! Two weeks into owning a logitech driving force wheel it dies on me. First I get the "stuck" shifter....then 15mins later is doesn't even turn left!

uggh...

Looks like I'm going back to the DS2....

And looking for a new Driving Force pro.

ugggh.

this car is fugly it oversteers, it understeers... its fugly and.........

its fugly like the escudo.

i cant control it but then i have never driven it before..
i am getting 1'10"s but i might be able to drop a second or 2. my time i submitted so i dont think i'll bother... besides i dont want to have to drive this car again

Originally posted by scuderia229
Yippie! Two weeks into owning a logitech driving force wheel it dies on me. First I get the "stuck" shifter....then 15mins later is doesn't even turn left!

uggh...

Looks like I'm going back to the DS2....

And looking for a new Driving Force pro.

ugggh.

Don't know about the shifter, but as for the wheel not turning, that is common amongst all wheels. Unplug it from USB port on PS2, re-insert, and it should work fine again.

Gotta get started on this race. Back in a bit with a report, if it's anything worth mentioning; otherwise I'll just submit my time with my tail between my legs. ;)

drive the speed 12?

who drive her?

the only thing that I can do is maintain it into track :lol:

1'08.7

Originally posted by Barbol
drive the speed 12?

who drive her?

the only thing that I can do is maintain it into track :lol:

Agreed. :P Those familiar with the rodeo may liken this race to bullriding moreso than barrel racing. ;)

Best T3 1'07.8, saved race only has 1'08.1.

oh yeah boom when i PM'ed u with my final time i forgot to include my division u might already know/remember it but just incase ill say it here, im division 2 :P

To heinrich: Yeah, I live in Finland, and I know the band. In fact, the band is from Finland.

And back to the topic: I think that I wont be able to run this anymore, cause I have a german test tomorrow:irked:

so I broke down and bought a logitech GTforce pro this afternoon and will give the speed 12 it's final laps tonight with the new wheel....

GoKents...I agree the engine sounds like a garbage disposal...one you dropped about 5 pennies and some nuts and bolts into that has a loose connection somewhere. I play the game sometimes with headphones (my wife gets annoyed with the "vrrrrrr, vrrrrrrrrrrrrr, vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..." sound)..anyway the speed 12 engine even echos like a garbage disposal does in the headphones.

Time sent. No improvement:
1'09.654
I wish I could say, that I couldn't find more time to race, but the fact is, I had three more sessions with zero results. I did beat my ghost a couple of times, but only marginally and none of them were clean laps. :mad:

See you next week. :)

Time sent.
t3 1´08.604

I´m a bit disappointed to that because there were so much room for improvement. I didn´t have much time with this. But good luck to all. 👍

My time's in... t3 at 1:08 and a spit.
Best time was with tcs but only by about half a second or so.
Just couldnt get any better

I thought I'd have one last go at beating this time tonight, and there was loads of places for me to gain but I just couldn't hold the full lap together so time sent ...

17.226/ 50.384/ 1'07.715

Time stubmitted. Bah, humbug... So much room for improvement - and it's so obvious where too...

17.4/50.4/1'08.1

I'm thankful for this weekly, I have managed to learn to how to control one of the cars that I hated the most, and btw my time submitted could have been better, but I think I need another ds2(left stick kinda sucks) and well, my submitted time is the "controversial" T times I posted.

But I won't finish in top 3, I didn't have a good finish, and btw, see you at the finish line :)

Back