Weekly Race Series, Week 50

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 186 comments
hmm well im improved by 1 second on my time, theres probably about another 1 second that i can push out, im gonna try racing with tcs on next time i take it round the track later tonight and see how it goes, that dam hairpin :mad:

Originally posted by BigJamesGTI

Just a question about that comment. When I run the challenges I go to arcade mode select the track then the car then race. I save my quickest lap time and then if I go to the replay it doesnt replay the fastest lap - it saves a replay of the whole session !
Does Luxy mean that the replay of the fastest lap has been saved or just the fastest lap time on the records section.

A bit long winded I know !

Sounds to me like you're either doing a race or you're using the replay option form inside the free run session you are on. You need to go to replay theatre to watch the fast lap you saved...unless you did it on lap 1 that is, it will show all the laps you finished before exiting.

Do I make any sense?:confused: :D

btw I improved my save last night but got much worser sectors :D

erm not really but Im not sat infront of my PS2 now ! I should know by now how to save my fastest lap on its own. I'll sort it tonight no doubt

I'll read you reply again when I get home and it'll make sense then ! thanks though

@BigJames: sadly, I meant that nothing got saved :(

Lotus is right, use the replay theatre in the main menu to view the replay ...

Well I knew this was going to be a beast but it's not as bad as I thought. Consistent T3s of around 1:08.5 but cant seem to break the 1:08 :irked:
This car needs gentle handling, wish I had a good wheel/pedal setup - that'd make a heap of difference. I've found taking corners at low revs in high gear seems to work quite well as it steers better under power than trying to coast round the corner. Stops the wheels going mental at any rate. A bit like TCS but you control it more.
Dunno if this is any help to anyone but it might be worth a try if you're not getting anywhere (apart from too much sideways :) )

hmmm..traction is not an issue with this car with or without TCS on. I have no problem sticking to the track eitherway but if I hit the gas too ealry out of low speed corners then the backend does all sorts of fun things, sometimes even with TCS on. I found the same thing as hippyneil that low revs in high gears works better and there is less of an unknown coming out of corners. However you can't go too high in gear of you loose way too much time even with this 800hp monster.....

I know what you mean - Say if you drop from 4th to 3rd and power round instead of coasting you have a lot more control (only better if you can keep the same sort of speed though)

Hello

I drove 20 laps more and got 1.5 secs off my time, because of good last corners. That lap was something like 17.4/50.9/1´09.05

Also had a faster lap with 17.2/50.6/1´08.7 but I messed the rest of the lap after T3.

It´s hard to me even to get clean laps, so I might be at the bottom of the results after the week.But I´ve learned a bit more how to control a car that can´t turn. :D

But still, those times with T3 of under 1´07 are just amazing. I might take some laps around the valley this evening, so I will post some times (if I manage to go faster).

Later.

Tried a few laps last night - I really like this car/track combo.
Only managed to get down to a 1:10.1xx after about 10 laps, but I'll have another go sometime this weekend.

I'm having so much more fun than with the Mustang/Deep Forest combo a couple of weeks ago - that was really :banghead: :banghead:

Hmm, it seems my average times are getting slower (average T3 time of about 1'09.xxx), but I am still gaining when I can put it all together. Hot lapping is new to me, and I'm starting to like it, same goes for the car. Gotta love how odd the handling is :lol:

another 12 laps dropped over another full second from my overall best time tonight with the wheel. Go figure. I don't know what to make of that one. I don't know how much I have left in me with this one but I hope at least knocking off another second or two this weekend.

I can't say I hate this car but I would never buy it and keep it in my garage for any reason...hehehe

Whew! Finally home, though I had to hike the last 300 yds through a foot of snow. Took a few laps with the S12:

17.8 51.8 1:09.7 for best clean lap.

1:09.4 for best clean T3. I can see lots of room for improvement Just have to execute. If you ever had a turd that wouldn't go down when you flushed, it was probably an arcade Speed 12! :lol:

propeller.gif
Hi Everybody
propeller.gif

17.336 / 49.498 / 1.06.974
burnout.gif

Originally posted by HareTurtle
If you ever had a turd that wouldn't go down when you flushed, it was probably an arcade Speed 12! :lol:

EWWW... A Floater! :D ... well, there was this one time when I had a blue-green 2-tone turd, but ... :lol:

turd vr speed 12 !!

Damn it I didnt race last night due to 9 ball at the local pool hall and I wont get a full night tonight due to the Mrs !!

Im about 1.09 T3 but am sure some can come off if I can learn how to drive the turd !

geeze lots of the heavyweight on division 1 will post times this week, seems like a no podium for us lightweigthers:embarrassed:

and welcome back CFM, glad to have you around here:D

Improved my time a little. Half second off with 17.6/50.5/1´08.6. Still there is lots of room for improvement. I kinda start liking this car. The car feels much better than in the start of this week.

Originally posted by RSCosworth
Improved my time a little. Half second off with 17.6/50.5/1´08.6. Still there is lots of room for improvement. I kinda start liking this car. The car feels much better than in the start of this week.

ya the speed 12 does feel alot better than it did Tuesday night..that being said "feels better" is relative with this car...hahaha.

(here is a crass metaphor, excuse me but I have been dealing wih 4 Italian designers all day, they love to "a usa tha a beautiful woman-a" metaphor)

Think of it this way. You can make love to a beautiful woman or you can make love to a plain looking woman. Both "feel good" but one is obviously better than the otther.

(Imagine being told that metaphor by a 65 year old designer from Milan in his accent, it sounds alot less crass.. We have been discussing architecture and graphic design all day (they are my firm's clients) I swear every 3rd item of discussion gets the "beautiful woman" metaphor. Even the two Italian women in the group use the beautiful woman metaphor often. Italians know how to live!)

Originally posted by scuderia229
ya the speed 12 does feel alot better than it did Tuesday night..that being said "feels better" is relative with this car...hahaha.

(here is a crass metaphor, excuse me but I have been dealing wih 4 Italian designers all day, they love to "a usa tha a beautiful woman-a" metaphor)

Think of it this way. You cna make love to a beautiful woman or you can make love to a plain looking woman. Both "feel good" but one is obviously better than the otther.

(Imagine being told that metaphor by a 65 year old designer from Milan in his accent, it sounds alot less crass..haha)
:lol:

Originally posted by RSCosworth
Hi doctor Nick! (from the simpsons, just had to do that..)

:D

Dr_Nick_Riviera.jpg

:D

Originally posted by HeinrichII
geeze lots of the heavyweight on division 1 will post times this week, seems like a no podium for us lightweigthers

Hey I'm no heavywieght only a fly wieght in the great world of OLR:P My T3 to finish line wasn't very good and I probably won't have a chance to try and do better...I'd be surprised if I get a podium at all. I'll be fighting over 3rd place with the rest of you Div. 1 guys ;) . Besides, we don't know if ODP is going to come along and put in a run yet either. He beats me about 9 out of 10 runs:boggled:

I think I'll just submit my time, I can't be bothered to go on it again...damn speed 12 :banghead:

Good to see you back CFM 👍 Nice sectors too! :eek:

Iv finally started to tame the beast, got my times down to
T1 17:237
T2 50:312
T3 1:08:xxx

Im just still a little dumfounded as to where Mr P and co are getting T3's of 1:06:xxx those times are crazy!:banghead:

Iv finally started to tame the beast, got my times down to
T1 17:237
T2 50:312
T3 1:08:xxx

Im just still a little dumfounded as to where Mr P and co are getting T3's of 1:06:xxx those times are crazy!:banghead:

Back