Weekly Race Series, Week 51

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 139 comments
Time sent.
No improvement. The mere thought of Complex String made me drop this evenings session. ;)

Ha! cxs is that scarey to you guys. :rolleyes:

My time is sent.

Would like to get in another session, but just don't have the time.

Bmw is what I drove.
Please take note of that boom
Thanks.

btw, the beamer could do well this week, but in the last half of the course, there is too much twist for the heavy beamer to keep up with the lexus.

The torque is the only thing keeping the bmw near the toyota. (even then it is off pace.)

I still believe the BMW is way more capable than what people think. I now have the certitude that I can come up with a time faster than any Lexus time. I only had about 2 hours for this race, and I don't think I will be too far from the best Lexus times. I also discovered that I can still improve my time by 1.2 seconds, which would be enough to get me past the Lexus. But as for most weeks, I simply don't have time to prove it. Time submitted.

I just couldn't get the BMW through the T2 to T3 section as fast as the Altezza. Other than that, they were very close.

T1 15.37
T2 44.07
T3 1.05.01

I did some runs alittle while ago. Didnt do as well as I wanted to but I did some runs so I could have a time to submit.

No improvement tonight - giving up now. Time submitted. Hopefully I'll have a better showing for week 52.

Sector times to be posted tomorrow at 7:30 PST.

Originally posted by T13R
I still believe the BMW is way more capable than what people think. I now have the certitude that I can come up with a time faster than any Lexus time. I only had about 2 hours for this race, and I don't think I will be too far from the best Lexus times. I also discovered that I can still improve my time by 1.2 seconds, which would be enough to get me past the Lexus. But as for most weeks, I simply don't have time to prove it. Time submitted.

I think you have an excellent point there buddy. (I also feel honored knowing that my times helped you to realize what is really possible with the 3)

However, I feel two things hindered my performance this week...

1. Time & Setup.
I didn't have as much time as I would have liked.
&
I ran the same setup for all of my runs until just today, then with a change of stabilizers, rebound, springs, toe and tcs, I managed to take off nearly a full second from my best time. (all with only a little bit of work)

2.The Track.
Had we been racing this exact combo at midfield, there would be no chance of the toyota avgeraging better times.
However, with the twist and long turns of the final 3/4's of trail mountain, the far lighter toyota w/ an equal pwr had an advantage that was hard to match.

But I do have to say... the bmw is capable and I am almost sure that a 1.03.0 would have been possible in the bmw. (even less maybe.)

Good luck on the races fellas... if Im not trashed in another hour Im gonna run again, so good luck and catch you guys later. :D

Time submitted

15.524 43.850 1:05.513

Finally ended up using the BMW. Best time in the RS200 was 1:05.686, but the 328 was .15 quicker in sector 4 and ended up over 0.3 ahead. Very well matched cars, though different in their handling.

Another great spot boom! 👍

yay does this mean you will post results up just about straight away.?

1'05.6 submitted

Not very much improvements along week :odd:

RS200 with 1246kg / 462bhp -> 2.696

I got home and tried the BMW.
Surprisingly fast, but wicked handling.
It's hard to tell what it's going to do, from one lap to the next.
1:03.780 resubmitted
1245Kg/472HP=2.637

Tiny bit faster than my Lexus time, but have seen .2sec. faster, dirty lap.

That lap was with a 1:03.4?? T3, so there's loads more.
I wish I had tried it earlier.
yell.gif

I knew odp could put in a good bmw showing. :D

I love that avatar odp.
:D courage is the coolest.

Hi Kent:
I've never seen the show. I just thought he was funny looking. :lol:

It's a strange feeling, knowing the BMW is capable of a much faster lap than I have submitted. You know, when you've seen a very fast lap, only to find that it's dirty :irked: and have to settle for less. As I've said, I wish I had tried it sooner.

Did you run this week?

i wasnt able to use the BMW to its full potential. It was just too heavy and slidy (is that a word) so i picked the neater RS200 (for my driving style). My hands are down for you guys with the BMW as it seemed more difficult to drive.

Back