Weekly Race Series, Week 51

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 139 comments
That Lexus is all over the place :irked: Looks good in the replays though :rolleyes:

Who'd actually BUY something like that :mischievous:

aargh :banghead: I was hoping that the next post would read

originally posted by a good OLR

The Lexus is by far the most superior of the cars and thats how to get a 15 sec T1 time

I was laughing to myself last night after I did a run, I went to a mates house and in a car dealers on the way there was a 3 series BMW in the same colour that I chose to run in !!

Ha! I started with both cars stock just to gt the feel for them (and break the engine (s) in before I started adding parts so once I get a PW/R it stays) and then slowly added modifications to see how much time each part dropped until finally I got them to their modification limits to the +2.6PW/R spec. Talk about two cars with squirrely backends when you go over the 300hp mark. BUT! At least they TURN unlike that damn speed 12! At stock and in stage one turbo both cars hve a nice balance, go to stage 3 and WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It is managable if you get used to what to expect but at first I tended to be drifitng around a few corners (drifting is NOT one of my interests..haha). One car is becomng OBVIOUSLY faster than the other (for me) but that one is the one harder to control if you miss your line. Figures right?

I took my beloved 500hp (about) yellow RUF RGT for a spin on this circuit last night (yes I know it is illegal for this race) and WOOWOWOWOW...how much do I love that car! I set a blazing lap with it that can be a ghost I can chase in the race legal cars. Now if I can get the beemer or toyota to handle like my RUF all would be good!

Originally posted by scuderia229

I took my beloved 500hp (about) yellow RUF RGT for a spin on this circuit last night (yes I know it is legal for this race) and WOOWOWOWOW...how much to I love that car! I set a blazing lap with it that can be a ghost I can chase in the race legal cars. Now if I can get the beemer or toyota to handle like my RUF all would be good!

You forgot the il part !!!

Originally posted by BigJamesGTI
You forgot the il part !!!

Added! Whoopsie! Whishful subconscious thinking I guess. My yellow RUF RGT does have over 1200 miles on it....haha.

The kicker is that in it's mostly stock form (no turbo mods) the RUF RGT comes close to a "legal" PW/R spec for this race. BUt the more aggressive turning and short wheelbase on this twisty track give a HUGE advantage.

Best save till now:
1'07.548
:( Hmm, gotta improve on that.

16.3 45.6 1:07.9 in one car

15.9 45.3 1:07.0 in the other.

The lap times are only about 0.2 apart. The BMW can be a little crabby in the turns, but goes a little better once you pick a direction. The RS200 handles very nicely, but gives up a little on the straights. Hmmm?

Agreed. I'm running both interchangably and only noticed small differences between the two once the suspension tuning was sorted.

The BMW is still slightly slower by about .2 at T3, but I'm still waiting for the break-in HP to get the PWR closer to 2.6.

I took the BMW to the Super Speedway Enduro. Got most of the break-in out of the way, and made enough $$ to pay for the two cars (won and sold a Falcon). I'm not breaking in the RS200. I set it up a few hp from the limit, and I'll just reload when necessary.

Originally posted by HareTurtle
16.3 45.6 1:07.9 in one car

15.9 45.3 1:07.0 in the other.

The lap times are only about 0.2 apart. The BMW can be a little crabby in the turns, but goes a little better once you pick a direction. The RS200 handles very nicely, but gives up a little on the straights. Hmmm?

I'm in the RS200, and haven't tried out the BMW, so thank for your little analysis. I think, I'll stick with the RS200 as my usual problem is the handling (keeping the lines and putting all the different sections together). Still several seconds to pick up on that account. Though handling quite nice I still find the RS200 a little touchy, but just so much it makes it fun to ride. :D

BTW Looks like we we very close again, HareTurtle. ;)

I've had a long break from GT3, but I've just decided to start playing again and liked the sound of this one.

1'05.3

My BMW RS200 ( :D ) is doing quite well even tho' the back wants to overtake the front quite a lot :D

doing a lot lot better than at first
t1 15.5
t2 45. ? cant remember
havent quite got a fastest t3 as yet, Ive been working on the first
part of the course, but Im getting there.

edit quickest t3 so far is 1.06.0**

lowered my splits in the lexus somewhat. according to my calculations, i have another 4hp coming before i break the barrier. hav'nt tried the beemer and i have no intention of doing so after working so hard to get the lexus going well.

more laps and more setup work in both cars last night. I think I have settled on the one that will work best for me but still run the other to keep me on my toes. The thing is is that the "other" car feels alot better and sticks better in the corners but is slower overall.

I'll spend more time with suspension and gear ratio work this weekend. I think I have at least .7secs more I can take off my overall time, hopefully a little more.

I finally ran this race a bit.

Started with a lexus at 2.660 pwr.
Managed to do an alright lap in the overall sense, but in the top runner sense... nah, I don't think 1.03.??? is anywhere in my future with this race.

Moved onto the 3 series and haven't gotten too deep with it, but I see some potential.

I would say the 3 has more balance even with the hefty wieght. I will come back by the end of the race to give up some exact splits.
Till then... Later.

I've tried both cars. The lexus seems to be faster to t2 and the bimmer faster to t3. Doesn't make much sense and it's prolly my imagination but there you go.

I've seen a few people post t3's in 1'03 land. I'm still staring at high 1'04's. We'll see if I can get down there...

ok, i'm hearing things about the BMW i did not regard as possible (i.e. it's fast) i'll have to take a stab at it in the next day or two. as of now my best T3 in the lex is 1'03.685

Well hey max, I never said I saw those times...

I only said that you might be able to hit them.

You may be right... the beamer probably can't get there, but that isn't gonna stop me from trying. :mischievous:

Edit:
Yo, just got down with another test, and after capitalizing on an alright lap, I've decided that the times you and I (max and I) were talking about, are indeed, not possible with the beamer.
Atleast imo.

I never get a chance to run many laps any more :( too much work.

After some shotgun settings and 20 mins:

1'04.9

I wish I could put more time in ... I can see 0.5 - 1.0 that I'm leaving on the track, but I don't think I'll get to run again.

Originally posted by GoKents
Yo, just got down with another test

I'm sorry... I appear to be listening to "She Sells Sanctuary", and the music seems to have opened a time portal into the mid-80s...

Just did some laps in the Lexus.
Im at 433 hp now which leaves me another 5hp or so before i go over the limit. Seen a T1 of 14.9 a few times and T2 of 42.6 Lots of time left in it.

1'03.800

we cant go UNDER 2.6 right ?

Well Im in the Beemer (dont really have to hide it from anyone !) and Ive equipped all the mods I can including the engine mods, AND all the weight reduction mods too - Is this right that my pwr is still over 2.6 ??

Correct.
2.6 or higher

1:03.598 submitted

RS200
1139Kg/437HP=2.606

Going to the AT&T, so I'll see you all on Mon./Tues., to post my replay. :) :) :)

Originally posted by BigJamesGTI
we cant go UNDER 2.6 right ?

Well Im in the Beemer (dont really have to hide it from anyone !) and Ive equipped all the mods I can including the engine mods, AND all the weight reduction mods too - Is this right that my pwr is still over 2.6 ??
Yup. Mines fully powered, fully lightened, fully run in, still well over 2.6 (2.64 maybe, I can't recall.) Even changed the wheels and gave it a wash, but that didn't help! :P

Had another session with the RS200:

15.756 44.006 1:05.686

This car sure handles better than the 328. My success rate on that initial chicane doubled... from about 3% to maybe 6%, :lol: Glad we don't have to pay for the bodywork.

well i definelty like Lexus better than BMW. But i have been unable to run a time since my last t times to i will see tonight. 1:06pm at the moment

Back