Weekly Race Series. Week 9 - 40 Apricots

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 139 comments
Its not a trick, mr. p is just the devil... thats not an avatar... its his picture.

j/k

btw, I havent done any time with this race since my times that were posted.

My day off was cancelled, so Im gonna be pressed for race time... but I know I will get in atleast an hour of racing over the next 2 days, and then a good session or two on monday.

So I will be back soon.

Originally posted by Cobraboy
I'm at lap 10 of 15 at the first race of the World GT Championship. Test Course. :mad: Damn series.

15? i've not completed the series, but i could've sworn i'd only done ten laps. damn it hell, i waisted my time with that $@%@!$!^ 787 b and its ridiculous spinning out for nothing? i hope not. i've two courses left.

Originally posted by Ducati
I've always thought GT40's were a great looking car, but would havto agree with everyone else here.....the first thing i said when i drove it was
This things on T8's!?!?!?!?!

I would've assumed we're supposed to use t5s, since only turbo 2 is mentioned as a part that can be installed. I do think oil is ok, but unless i hear otherwise, if i can make this, i'm using t5s.

I think we're allowed T8s, as we have been on every other round so far. It's not the first time that the tires have been omitted from the intro.

I really, really hope that Mr.P is not that quick on T5s. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Wastegate
I think Talentless and I are talking about tires, and Mr P is talking about split times :odd:

Oh ! the powers of deduction :D yep your right man ;) i thought i could get u guys worried for a moment but......... no flies on you Wastegate :cool:

time for a T'2 sugars :lol:

laters

im pulling out of the races..i will still post my final time..

I can't/won't run anymore races until i sort my memory card out ..(it's now full to the brim) and i don't want to delete some of them..:(

Later have fun :)

AAK.. this is another race that is not my style...too drifty.

The best I could get on a clean lap so far is 22.8/47.0 splits.

Can we have a car with some damn GRIP please?:irked:

R390,Vertigo,Autobacs MR2,Castrol Tom's= GOOD

Opel Touring, FTO LM, GT40 = BAD :D

I suggest Formula 1's at Cote d Azur.:cool: :lol:

hey im gonna ask Boom, if he can tell us next weeks car one week early that way some of us could get the car. but boom wouldnt have to tell us what track. because i cant particiapate in most of these races beacuse of that. and i never get time to tune/ setup my car meaning poor times.

Originally posted by Cobraking
hey im gonna ask Boom, if he can tell us next weeks car one week early that way some of us could get the car. but boom wouldnt have to tell us what track. because i cant particiapate in most of these races beacuse of that. and i never get time to tune/ setup my car meaning poor times.

My suggestion is Boom picks an arcade car next week ;)

After not touching this for a couple days i decided to try Mr. P's setup last night which yeilded me a new best time w/ 22.4 and 46.5 ....theres still a lotta work to be done on this track tho. I can never figure out the right line/speed for that first right hander after the T1, either im goin too fast and take it too wide, or i go too slow and bounce across the rumble strip :banghead:

I'm still getting the "Disk Read Error" on my GT3 disk. Can't get the damn thing to play. All my other disks work just fine.
I don't see any scratches on my GT3 disk either. :confused: :irked:

So, what does everyone think about driving a arcade car next week? Or maybe a car that is buyable? Would that save some time for most of you?
Let me know please. I got next weeks track already chosen.

Thanks,

Boom

Wow boom! that is awefully nice of you to let us get in a say like that.

I think arcade or buyable A-class cars would be great.

It would really be cool to see a buyable A-class with mods but nothing in the engine area of mods...

Or an arcade...

Arcade would be cool too, actually, it would be the better choice.

And it would be really cool if you could pick one specifically based on the track.

Btw, my bet is that you are gonna choose deep forest, maybe df two.

Anyway... still no more racing from me since the last post, but tomorrow will bring some efforts.

Talk to you guys then...

I think buyable A-class cars would be sweet as well. but its also nice to get back to the basics every once in a while...arcade leaves no room for tuning, its just pure racing, but the cars can seem kinda slow. hehe. Either way, im happy w/ whatever. I was racing earlier, and pulled out a 22.3 and 46.3 or 46.2 or somthing, but i biffed it at that right-left chicane :mad: and it was all downhill after that. I really do love this track, but this car is trying my patience w/ it...haha. Who else thinks we should just race the R390 every week? :D hehe...god i love that car

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have been working on a little 'project' if you will, and I almost finished it up today. I just about have every available car in the game in my garage (i think it was 184 different models). So anyone with a sharkport on a NTSC machine that wants to d/l my game save can and then you will have intant access to any car in the game. I think there are 1 or 2 cars that are over the milage limit, but I am going to get rid of those with fresh ones if I have enough time. If I can get enough cash I'll also put the Diablo on there just for kicks. I'm going to try to get everything squared away by Monday so it will be available for next week's race. So get a hold of me if you're interested.:cool:

As far as I'm concerned, any car be it B, A, S or garage is fine, though I'd prefer not to have to enter a long series to win one as I don't always find the time to do that.

Driving cars that don't suit my style is cool, after all that's where I need the practice most. I don't really fancy tooling around with the C class cars though...

Back