Weekly Race Series. Week 9 - 40 Apricots

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 139 comments
OK then, buyable or arcade class cars will be used more frequently now.
I feel for those that have to race a really long race series in hopes to win the car for the weeks event.
But just keep in mind that we will not be running arcade cars very frequently. I'll keep it more towards the buyable cars. And of course there will be some cars used that you will just plain have to win. :D :mischievous:

Maybe if the car is more easily attainable, that would spur more participation. :confused:

My GT3 disk is still kaput but I should be able to get a new copy on Tuesday. I'm headed down to Denver to check out a performance shop as I have some parts for my car that will need to be installed. :biggestgrinpossible: Cant wait.

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
AAK.. this is another race that is not my style...too drifty.

The best I could get on a clean lap so far is 22.8/47.0 splits.

Can we have a car with some damn GRIP please?:irked:

R390,Vertigo,Autobacs MR2,Castrol Tom's= GOOD

Opel Touring, FTO LM, GT40 = BAD :D

I suggest Formula 1's at Cote d Azur.:cool: :lol:
You sound like a Score listener,from 10am-2pm.

i wish the gt40 on gt3 handled as well as it did on gtc... its a nice car to drive on gtc, it actually drives like an MR. unlike on gt3, they need to say its an FR or RR or sumthing on gt3.

Well, Thanks Mr. P, your setup started me off real fast at after the first lap.

I tried Six different setups construed from everyone's posts and a few I put together.

But, The first lap I ran with P's, I beat my record on the first try, Not even beat but,

Put two seconds on it. From there I slowly chipped away 1.5 seconds from that currently.

I am expecting to see times in the 1'06.xxx, possible 1'05.xxx from the rpos. I may be totally off in my thoughts on final times, but it won't

surprise me if someone blows that away. I know I have a ton of work to do on my racing skills. I did however this race beat a time I thought should

be able too. On a side note, this goes back a good amount of weeks, but that Vertigo Max made wiped out an indy car tonight on Rome :D - The fellow

I played against alos had a good amount of skill behind him. A 15 lap arcade race between The Vertigo and F/688 I think, He lead for the first 5

laps, but I was roling constant 1'07 laps. No where near the best time on that track, but it was all constant. He almost took me out in the end

though. He followed my line for two laps and started to make a run for it. He had me taken in the last turn, but he spun the F1. It was a

real intense race.

Ok just got in from work and time to take my last run in this weeks race :cool:
My last attempt on Saturday gave me a ..
22.1/45.4 with a perfect end section ( IMO :D ) It put me in the region i was hoping to finish in , i know i have been .3 up at T2 and reckon thats about all i could make with perfection :banghead: .... worth a last shot anyway , if i dont update! ... the sectors above will be in my submitted time :)
laters ... and best of luck to all the runners 👍

first braking corner, should the gear be in 2nd or 3rd?
what gear should the chicane before the last corner be taken in? I take it in 3rd at around 88-95 mph at best.

i generally hope to be only about a second off of mr p, while i am in t2 and t3, i may not be in the total time, but that's ok.

rear toe? is it - or + that's supposed to help counteract oversteer? unfortunately, you can take either and still force a car to slip a bit; just seems the response from the set up changes.

i think a lower rear brake set up with a bit of oversteer counteracting toe might be a good idea. 24/24 braking seems too high to me.

Originally posted by Talentless
first braking corner, should the gear be in 2nd or 3rd?
what gear should the chicane before the last corner be taken in? I take it in 3rd at around 88-95 mph at best.

I don't know what gear Mr P takes the 1st corner in (is he slowing for it at all?) but a mere mortal such as myself pops it into second for a while throught there, though on a quick lap I'm in third by the exit.

I take the chicane in third, on a good run I might be getting nearly 100mph through there.

Don't ask me about rear toe though. I understand front toe, but playing with the rear always seems to mess my cars up. I'm running 0.0/0.0.

Time sent ..don't have any time today to try more laps out ..Thanx again daan & Mr P :)..

Im not sure if i will be running next weeks race.. I might need to go out and get another Mem card for GT3 only as my games collection is fast building up (did'nt know i had so many :eek:)

Good luck everyone hope to see yoose soon 👍

There is something screwed up about the way cars in GT3 respond to changes in their suspensions.

Ok, I just did my final session (or so it seems) for this race.

I finally had the chance to do a good little set of races and it yeilded a group of "still off time, but better than before."

Those results had highlights of "low 46's and low 22's" for t3 and t2 times.

Im sending in my time now.

im gonna give this one last shot right now. but im not expecting anything. This car does not take orders very well. my times not gonna be that great...really didnt spend too much time on this one this week, but ah well. lookin forward to next week. lookin forward to a possible buyable A class car too :)

::EDIT:: Time sent in....blah :yuck:

::EDIT AGAIN:: Phew...talk about cuttin it close, i just pulled off a lap that was about 6 tenths faster then the lap i sent in earlier, hopefully i got this in before the deadline...haha. Finally I got a lap i can be proud of. its still not the greatest, but its about as good as i wanna do. This new best lap has t2 and t3 times of 22.0 and 45.6, as opposed to my previous best, 22.4 and 46.5...haha. my salvation actually came in lowering the rear downforce a bit. it let the tail end swing around the turns a little better, which is a bit more my driving style. Man i tested the 2 wheel rule a bit on the first part of the track, but i looked at the replay and 2 wheels were always on the rumblestrips at all times. Im sure most of you have done the same to be getting the times you are..haha.

Latest Posts

Back