Weekly Rivals Mode Thread FINAL WEEK

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 613 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Bounty Hunter was on National layout, I'm enough of it for some time... :)

It is the GP Layout. I dont get why the National Layout is in the game, never seen it in F1/DTM/etc

The national layout is probably in the game simply because it does exist in real life, and it's another ribbon to add to the total number.

Still not got the Leaderboards done :irked:
Bad night with the kid, not much sleep, and the childminder is off sick today - just one of those days. Will have it up shortly, fret not :D

Thought I was never gonna get this up. Bloody Hell what a couple of days....

WEEK 5 LEADERBOARDS, GT Racing Reborn, Watkins Glen Full

1. RPM Bibblefish - #62 Mazda RX-7 – 1:45.901 :bowdown:

2. FastBud - #62 Mazda RX-7 – 1:46.372

3. VICGT1970 - #62 Mazda RX-7 – 1:46.424

4. nEx1983 - #62 Mazda RX-7 – 1:46.657

5. itrfred2 - #62 Mazda RX-7 – 1:47.138

6. UnshavenYapper - #6 BMW M1 – 1:47.266

7. whitemanLS1 - #20 Bluebird – 1:47.339

8. samozax - #15 Mercury XR-7 – 1:47.851

9. LimarobotL - #31 Lancia Turbo – 1:48.565

10. ScoobyMcPancake - #71 Ferrari BBLM – 1:49.097

11. HBR RoadHog - #15 Mercury XR-7 – 1:49.197

12. sskmercer - #62 Mazda RX-7 – 1:50.296

13. IamVALHALLA - #33 Datsun 280ZX – 1:52.287 :lol:

I have a slight problem with Hockenheim, something I touched on during the last Bounty Hunter with the 911 RSR. You see...

All
wjt8wy.jpg

those
2z4cosj.jpg

pictures
286viqc.jpg

were
3452dm9.jpg

taken
eug8s6.jpg

during
2wfljrp.jpg

a
2lc18ns.jpg

clean
28hn81h.jpg

lap...

That's 8 corners where I'm completely off the track (and the fast sweeper before the stadium section is the worst, you can easily fit another car to the right of mine!) and yet the game doesn't flag it as dirty.

Didn't know here is so many extra class, maybe aliens players...

I'm missing casual one's, not enough of "normal" racers with controllers, or wheels, doesn't matter - main is chance to be competitive.

I added most of you, now I'm going to make some laps before legendary "Streif" begins...

My first run was in stock CLK with poor 1:40.700

@-Fred- believe me, quick ones knows for every single "exploit", in every game.

Update: one shot for beginning (seems familiar, Rikki? :))

IMG_20180120_114758.png

Last edited:
I know/saw, and because of that and bcs it is fantastic, I chose yours over D2.

Before Kitzbuhel downhill I did 1:39.4, your paint and second down! :)

@-Fred- I reassure myself with the following: "If everyone has an advantage, then nobody has an advantage..."

Of course, but I'm fairly sure some people didn't know you could extend your lines that far. And it's just funny to see how lenient with track limits the game is at Hockenheim when compared to the run we did at Le Mans 3 weeks ago. :lol:

Of course, but I'm fairly sure some people didn't know you could extend your lines that far. And it's just funny to see how lenient with track limits the game is at Hockenheim when compared to the run we did at Le Mans 3 weeks ago. :lol:
I ran my lap yesterday with traction on, that does some funny things when you run over some kerbs :boggled:
But yes didn’t realise it was that lenient !

I tried the McLaren F1 GT earlier, with Raceboy77's tune (the current leaderboard top time)... I don't know how they do it, that car is dreadful. Even at very low speed going around the hairpin at the end of the long straight, I simply ran off into the grass as I tried to exit. The understeer is awful, like trying to sail a small boat into the wind :banghead:

Most fun had with the CLK GTR, and best time so far with the Porsche (running @RPM Bibblefish ’s tune).
Gonna buy a couple more cars tho as I really enjoy both the division and the track. Plus I’m minted :sly:

Yesterday I was really short with time and managed to did only two sets of laps with F50 GT.
Best time was 1.48.1, only 0.1s improvement from day before.

Lotus could be my next car, but after driving January car pass Rivals, where I'm enjoying too - if I upgrade it to R900, it will become a different car, I will "forget" (it will mix up) to drive it on both tracks...

Finally got around to buying FM7, partly tempted by events like this and otherwise the amazing cars they're adding through DLC. Seems like the same approach to tuning that I took in FM6 still works well here but there are just more set limitations to follow with the homologation rules. Will have to run with only the Elise GT1 for this one as I'm too low car collecting level and don't have enough money for the other cars but it's doing fine for me so far with a 1:34.7xx.

@RikkiGT-R I think I've added you on XBL (I'm lukas2121), good job on putting this together 👍.

Finally got around to buying FM7, partly tempted by events like this and otherwise the amazing cars they're adding through DLC. Seems like the same approach to tuning that I took in FM6 still works well here but there are just more set limitations to follow with the homologation rules. Will have to run with only the Elise GT1 for this one as I'm too low car collecting level and don't have enough money for the other cars but it's doing fine for me so far with a 1:34.7xx.

@RikkiGT-R I think I've added you on XBL (I'm lukas2121), good job on putting this together 👍.

Wondered where you'd got to........the elise GT1 is a great car and surprisingly easy to drive. Had a few laps in the 34's but all dirty so far so still in the low 35's

For anyone who doesn't know him, this guy is fast

That's really fantastic news! I'm even further away from the top now :grumpy: :lol:

Now we are fighting for top 3 - from backwards!

Getting Lotus to r900 without a file is possible only by manual homologation?

Because it has 898 without it, try it this morning, and it was pain!

Had another go earlier and could only manage 1:39.9xx which doesn't beat my PB.
I'm not using the "exploits" though because I can't seem to do so without going wildly off-course unless I'm... doing it wrong :confused:

This may be another week where I simply chalk it up to "a learning experience" :D

I'm not using the "exploits" though because I can't seem to do so without going wildly off-course unless I'm... doing it wrong :confused:

Keep it on the light green parts and you should be fine, but it's really a case of trial and error. Just find a setup you're comfortable with and run laps. Lots of them. There's a good 2-3 seconds a lap to be gained by exploiting that, maybe more. Stuff like the Lotus and F40 are a bit... crude in their power delivery and require a bit of respect and smoothness, the F40 especially, but the other ones like the McLaren and F50 you can be ultra agressive under braking and with the curbs, providing you have a setup you're comfortable with.

Getting Lotus to r900 without a file is possible only by manual homologation?

Because it has 898 without it, try it this morning, and it was pain!

Mine was also at 898 without it so I made a build from scratch in manual homologation, I've uploaded my tune to the storefront, I think I just called it Hockenheim or Hockenheim GP. I found swapping to the 6.2L V8 gained me a second over the standard engine, you'll be a little slower on the long straight but the better acceleration makes up for it around the rest of the track.

Managed a 1:39.1 (or .2?) there, first go with a new tune by BAM Skyline for the McLaren F1. Loads more time left in it for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back