Weekly Rivals Mode Thread FINAL WEEK

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 613 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was also at 898 without it so I made a build from scratch in manual homologation, I've uploaded my tune to the storefront, I think I just called it Hockenheim or Hockenheim GP. I found swapping to the 6.2L V8 gained me a second over the standard engine, you'll be a little slower on the long straight but the better acceleration makes up for it around the rest of the track.
As much as it pains me too see another way faster driver: Welcome to the Races. You are not far away from World #1. @RikkiGT-R Can we please split the rivals group in 2 brackets :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think I'll just stay where I'm at for now. Not much selection within the division, as well as the fact that I'm pretty broke :lol:. The Lotus felt slow but was fairly faster than the R390 that I tried, but neither happened to feel good to me. I believe I might be in the lower half of 1:38

Choices for this week as it’s Thursday needed @RikkiGT-R :cheers:

Sorry guys, my old Granny died yesterday after a long illness (just a few weeks after her brother) and I haven’t even had a thought about setting up choices.
Sorry, I hate even mentioning it but don’t want you thinking I’ve given up on this.

I’m still gonna do the leaderboards later. I’m committed to it.

This week’s choices:

Track

1. Spa
2. Sebring Full
3. Road America full

Division

1. Forza P1
2. Forza GT
3. Sport GT

I’ll leave the choices a few hours, again I’m sorry it’s late. A lot on here.

Sorry guys, my old Granny died yesterday after a long illness (just a few weeks after her brother) and I haven’t even had a thought about setting up choices.
Sorry, I hate even mentioning it but don’t want you thinking I’ve given up on this.
Sorry for the loss, and no worries, this is just a fun weekly event so it's a bit exciting waiting for the new results.

As for the poll, I choose Track 2 - Division 3.

I’ll leave the choices a few hours, again I’m sorry it’s late. A lot on here.
Again, no worries, we're just excited for the next event is all 👍

Deadline for week six is 6pm GMT (23 minutes from now) but I’ll leave the vote running longer or until we have a clear winner.

WEEK 6 LEADERBOARDS, Elite Factory Racers, Hockenheim Full

1. lukas2121 – Lotus Elise GT1 – 1:34.706 :bowdown: But how dare you join and shoot straight to the top :irked:

2. VICGT1970 – Lotus Elise GT1 – 1:34.850

3. FastBud – Porsche 996 GT1 – 1:35.037

4. RPM Bibblefish – Lotus Elise GT1 – 1:35.148

5. nEx1983 – Porsche 996 GT1 – 1:35.823

6. itrfred2 – McLaren F1 GT – 1:35.961

7. whitemanLS1 – McLaren F1 GT – 1:36.136

8. UnshavenYapper – McLaren F1 GT – 1:36.661

9. sskmercer – Porsche 996 GT1 – 1:36.963

10. PJTierney – Porsche 996 GT1 – 1:37.160

11. ScoobyMcPancake – Porsche 996 GT1 – 1:37.198

12. samozax – McLaren F1 GT – 1:37.306

13. LimarobotL – Lotus Elise GT1 – 1:38.066

14. IamVALHALLA – McLaren F1 GT – 1:39.172 ugh... at least I enjoyed the experience :scared:

@PJTierney isn't officially taking part but I'm adding him when he appears on the Leaderboards. You can't stop me PJ :grumpy:
All in all a good showing this week! Great stuff lads.

Last edited:
Well without delaying the start any longer the track winner is clearly going to be Sebring full, and the majority will surely plump for Sport GT (which I am gonna vote for to push it over the line anyway).

WEEK 7

Track
- Sebring Full
Division - Sport GT
Week 7 commences, gentlemen, start your engines... :gtpflag:

Never!

I actively try to avoid the LB cars, at least.

It doesn't matter to me anyway, whatever car I use :lol:

I honestly usually do well (overall) though. Sneak into the top 1% of times, quite high up on the hardcore LB... but then I go and start this thing and end up racing against all you GITS :irked:

But I do love it. You chaps are the only reason I still play regularly.

Oh, how would I love to drive LMP1 beasts on Spa (probably my favorite track), but since I don't have a wheel, voting for 1-1 wasn't logical.

Great car collection in Sport GT, but I don't like/know track so well.
Personally wanted Road America, but at least is not VIR - when I see that track in career, I put on 3 laps so my last place horror ends sooner...

I know, I must learn it, but it is so, so uncomfortable to me.

Not sure how much time i can put into this weeks car/track combo, just broke another controller. I must be really heavy handed as that's three i've broken now. The left stick on this one literally just snapped off in my hand.

I'm on a backup controller, which just so happens to be the first one i broke, doesn't register forward movement on the left stick (which is ok for racing games i suppose) and the stick doesn't center so i'm constantly having to correct to keep the car straight

Does anyone here have the elite controller as i'm thinking of getting one of those next, are they more sturdy than the standard ones?

Not sure how much time i can put into this weeks car/track combo, just broke another controller. I must be really heavy handed as that's three i've broken now. The left stick on this one literally just snapped off in my hand.

I'm on a backup controller, which just so happens to be the first one i broke, doesn't register forward movement on the left stick (which is ok for racing games i suppose) and the stick doesn't center so i'm constantly having to correct to keep the car straight

Does anyone here have the elite controller as i'm thinking of getting one of those next, are they more sturdy than the standard ones?
Dam are you Arnold Schwarzenegger, I’ve never had one brake on me, haven’t tried the Elite yet but I’ll be interested to know if anyone has !

Tried some laps with 458 Italia but I just can't downshift with LB as clutch and LT as brake...

I occasionally use the controller when I can't be arsed/don't have enough time to set up the cockpit (it's in the living room, and I have to drag out the chair, [GT Omega] wheel stand, move a big mat, run leads around etc).
I have the buttons mapped as so:

A - clutch
X - upshift
B - downshift

That is the most natural feeling layout for me. I'm actually faster with the controller but I simply refuse to accept it as my permanent control scheme :irked:

Not sure how much time i can put into this weeks car/track combo, just broke another controller

How? :lol:
You must be driving like a mad man.

What are your settings for clutch?

There is an option to switch handbrake and clutch :cheers:

I know and is in fact useful only in preset 1, where A becomes clutch, while B and X are gear down/up.

For years I'm using X and Y for shifting (square+triangle on PS) and with LB as clutch everything is ok - until I have to brake (LT).
I just can't handle it...

Shifting up (RT throttle) works great, I'm changing gears mostly without hearing it, by simultaneously letting throttle while holding clutch.

If I could set both LB and RB as clutch, that would be nice!

Sorry yes I see your issue now, I just remember years back when I first changed to manual clutch using LB its ok just bashing it down the gears while braking and not using the clutch.
Until you race simulation that’s when someone told me to swap them in the options :D

Last edited:
What are your settings for clutch?

I know and is in fact useful only in preset 1, where A becomes clutch, while B and X are gear down/up.

For years I'm using X and Y for shifting (square+triangle on PS) and with LB as clutch everything is ok - until I have to brake (LT).
I just can't handle it...

Shifting up (RT throttle) works great, I'm changing gears mostly without hearing it, by simultaneously letting throttle while holding clutch.

If I could set both LB and RB as clutch, that would be nice!

I use the A button for the clutch. I think I'm generally just heavy handed to be honest, which is a little weird for someone who's been playing guitar for the last 20 odd years.

All the pads have experienced the same problems, it's always the left stick that starts to either stick or doesn't respond. With the latest one it wouldn't respond to left inputs which meant I had to sometimes give it a firm push to make it respond. Next thing I know the stick literally snapped of it's base in my hand so it's now just wobbling about in the controller case

I normally get a year or two out of them. I will say I never had this issue with 360 pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back