Weekly Rivals Mode Thread FINAL WEEK

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 613 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the A button for the clutch. I think I'm generally just heavy handed to be honest, which is a little weird for someone who's been playing guitar for the last 20 odd years.
It would make sense if you had played Bass :P

I too get the non-centering issues about 2 years in. Because of that I've also gone through 2 pads.

Managed a 2:08.0xx in the GTR 2017. I've uploaded the tune of anyone wants to give it a shot. Drives great but the throttle can be a bit twitchy, so mind the modulation. If I lowered the accel on the diff anymore than what is at it would have been slower.

Managed a 2:08.0xx in the GTR 2017. I've uploaded the tune of anyone wants to give it a shot. Drives great but the throttle can be a bit twitchy, so mind the modulation. If I lowered the accel on the diff anymore than what is at it would have been slower.

I've had a lot on today (funeral) so haven't had a chance, but I am free tomorrow and would LOVE to try your GT-R tune (can you guess why? :lol:).
Shall report back once I do kind sir.

Just hit a 2:06.222 with the SLS AMG, I know there's a 2:05 in it as I was consistently gaining 0.3s in sector 3 against this lap but will have to save the push for that for another day. The hairpin is an odd corner, it feels quicker to get 2 tyres on the inside curb and there doesn't seem to be any issue with getting the power down but I'm finding it's consistently 2 tenths slower than keeping all 4 tyres on the black stuff :boggled:.

Difficult track for me, almost never driven it before this challenge. Like @Im_Lukas said it is difficult to get a feeling for why this lap was faster or that one was slower. Any chance of uploading a replay of your Lap, @Im_Lukas ?

I'm playing this through PC and tried to record my lap using Nvidia Shadowplay but it seems that Xbox games won't allow it, I will try to figure out how to record a lap tonight. I wish T10 just kept these leaderboards easily accessible like FM6 where you could watch other player's replays and race their ghosts.

If I can't find a way to record it I'll try saving the race replay in-game and uploading that to the storefront unless they've taken that away too.

Can't wait until tonight, finally free and I'll be hitting the track with that @ImaRobot tuned GT-R.
Also gonna try some Vipers while I'm at it.

Prepare to be stunned guys. Stunningly mediocre :ouch: :lol:
It'll be slightly more balanced towards understeer, but not by much. Car was a bit of a handful when I converted it to RWD :lol:

Can't wait until tonight, finally free and I'll be hitting the track with that @ImaRobot tuned GT-R.
Also gonna try some Vipers while I'm at it.

Prepare to be stunned guys. Stunningly mediocre :ouch: :lol:
Remember, if you buy the 2013 Viper, it is listed under the manufacturer „SRT“, not under „Dodge“. I wasted a good 15Minutes searching for the car :irked::irked::lol::lol:

@ImaRobot - tried the GT-R and could barely keep it on the road never mind finish a lap :nervous:

Ended up posting a 2:11.8 with a Viper '13 tuned by @RPM Bibblefish, another good tune as well. Still a lot more time to be found.
Is it really too much? It seems to suit my driving style pretty well lol. What was the issue you were finding with it?

Is it really too much? It seems to suit my driving style pretty well lol. What was the issue you were finding with it?

Just accelerating out of corners - car kept squirreling around, couldn't find a balance and kept spinning out on corner exit.

Just accelerating out of corners - car kept squirreling around, couldn't find a balance and kept spinning out on corner exit.
Ah yeah, that was the throttle issue I was mentioning on the initial post. Also, I use a pad so I tune with that in mind, so you using a wheel might have it feeling different than what I feel. If you can manage to nail the throttle modulation, it would work out good. I honestly feel like theres even more room to improve my time as well lol.

Don’t take the tune down, I want to try it out lol
I wont, I'm content with it to be honest, it'll be staying up, plus its to difficult to remove them anyways :lol:

Another PC user :cheers:! I had a similar problem. Try selecting the option „record desktop as well“. That helped me.

Thanks, you have just solved the problem :cheers:, I opened GeForce Experience for the first time in months and immediately had an update, one of the notes being "Record videos and take screenshots of Microsoft Windows Games" :lol:.

This is a recording of a 2:06.053, on this lap I took the inside curb at the hairpin and it worked out but I was a bit sloppy through the penultimate set of corners (1:27 - 1:37) where you can really use all of the inside curbs (and more if you choose to). Also damn them AI! They managed to keep the track clean until I'm on a good lap and then they decide to scatter tyres across the track.

@ImaRobot - tried the GT-R and could barely keep it on the road never mind finish a lap :nervous:

Ended up posting a 2:11.8 with a Viper '13 tuned by @RPM Bibblefish, another good tune as well. Still a lot more time to be found.

If memory serves, that viper tune of mine is set up for the old le mans track. Has no aero with pretty high tyre pressure, not best suited for Sebring

Ah yeah, that was the throttle issue I was mentioning on the initial post. Also, I use a pad so I tune with that in mind, so you using a wheel might have it feeling different than what I feel. If you can manage to nail the throttle modulation, it would work out good. I honestly feel like theres even more room to improve my time as well lol.

I've no doubt it's a good tune, I just couldn't get the hang of it. Still have it installed on the car tho and will go back to it for another crack.

If memory serves, that viper tune of mine is set up for the old le mans track. Has no aero with pretty high tyre pressure, not best suited for Sebring

It's the SRT one?
I really enjoyed it, feels planted. But then I can't handle @ImaRobot 's GT-R tune that IS set up specifically for Sebring so that says it all :lol:

I've no doubt it's a good tune, I just couldn't get the hang of it. Still have it installed on the car tho and will go back to it for another crack.
No worries. If its any consolation, the throttle took some getting use to for me as well. Every car I've driven since then has been significantly smoother, but also significantly slower as well. It comes with the territory I guess lol.

Thanks, you have just solved the problem :cheers:, I opened GeForce Experience for the first time in months and immediately had an update, one of the notes being "Record videos and take screenshots of Microsoft Windows Games" :lol:.

This is a recording of a 2:06.053, on this lap I took the inside curb at the hairpin and it worked out but I was a bit sloppy through the penultimate set of corners (1:27 - 1:37) where you can really use all of the inside curbs (and more if you choose to). Also damn them AI! They managed to keep the track clean until I'm on a good lap and then they decide to scatter tyres across the track.

Thank you! Judging by your lap I need to get out of agressive mode when hotlapping. Nearly impossible :rolleyes:. I did a very high 02:06 yesterday, and felt like hitting my talent wall on Sebring. There would be more time without TCS, but I just cant manage without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back