Weekly Rivals Mode Thread FINAL WEEK

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 613 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH God you guys are having so much fun with this selection and I'm tied up and work and desperate to hit the track :irked:
From the looks of things I'm definitely not going to settle on the Audi this week. Gagging to get an M5 or something around 'Seca.

Outside of the Caddy and the Infiniti the Volvo is a cracking car. I tuned one for Catalunya but thought I'd give it a go around laguna and within a few laps i ran a 1:35:728

Welcome to my world :lol:

I usually make the selection and then go right ahead and set a leaderboard time. I'm usually #1 on my friends list for a moment (until you guys all start to have a go). Number 1 for a little while :D
It's ok, don't stress it. Until I added people like @UnshavenYapper, @-Fred-, @RPM Bibblefish, I was too lol. They're the usuals I see at the top when I go for run. It's good though, because we can go back and forth, and it all helps with improving yourself.

It's ok, don't stress it. Until I added people like @UnshavenYapper, @-Fred-, @RPM Bibblefish, I was too lol. They're the usuals I see at the top when I go for run. It's good though, because we can go back and forth, and it all helps with improving yourself.

I don't stress about it at all, I absolutely love it :D
Just chuffed this is going well and people are getting into it, and I honestly don't care if I'm last every week.

After going backwards in the BMW I decided to give the S60 a go. I downloaded @RPM Bibblefish 's tune and wow, that thing sticks to the road like nothing else! I really need to learn how to tune grip cars. I only had time for a few laps but got down to a 1:39.100 and there's plenty of time left out there.

I need to spend less time lapping and more time learning how to tune I think.

I've shared my M6 tune if anyone wants to give it a try and maybe have some feedback on what needs improving as well.

After going backwards in the BMW I decided to give the S60 a go. I downloaded @RPM Bibblefish 's tune and wow, that thing sticks to the road like nothing else! I really need to learn how to tune grip cars. I only had time for a few laps but got down to a 1:39.100 and there's plenty of time left out there.

I need to spend less time lapping and more time learning how to tune I think.

Both the Volvos are actually really good grip cars in this division.

I've shared my M6 tune if anyone wants to give it a try and maybe have some feedback on what needs improving as well.

I'll give it a whirl and let you know

Ok, i ran your tune at Catalunya and Laguna seca (10 laps each) and it's a solid tune. Not much I'd change to be honest, i was convinced adding the roll cage and running 305s on the rear was a mistake but i think you've got it just right.

I built my own without the roll cage and with 315s on the rear but was consistently slower on both tracks.

The only thing i noticed, and i may just have imagined it, was the front of the car felt a little stiff. Not sure if it was the roll bars, springs, rebound/bump (or just the cage). Did you tune any of them to be stiffer than the rear?

As for times i was running high 2:00 at Catalunya and low to mid 1:36 at Laguna seca (Not much different to yourself).

Great job 👍

Yeah, everything is a bit stiffer at the front than the rear I think, I didn't play too much with it aside from the camber/toe settings, stuff like the spring rates and dampers are untouched from the game's preset settings, which means there's most likely some space for improvement. I liked the way it drove but didn't really know where to go from there, so at least that gives me a bit of hindsight.

Thanks for the feedback!

I can’t wait until later, got some time free at last and will be getting some laps in.
@-Fred- I’ll be trying out your M6 tune. @RPM Bibblefish I’ll be trying your S60.
Also gonna buy another RS5 for a complete rebuild.
I’ll be happy as long as I can get below 1:40.

After going backwards in the BMW I decided to give the S60 a go.
Going backwards is definitely not the way to post fast laps :P

Something wrong with the car, or ??

Seeing iv been pushed out of top 10, the bmw is no good :yuck::gtpflag:

Going backwards is definitely not the way to post fast laps :P

Something wrong with the car, or ??

Seeing iv been pushed out of top 10, the bmw is no good :yuck::gtpflag:

Haha, nah, nothing wrong with your tune at all, it felt much more stable than mine, I think I just wasn't in the mood for the car. I'm easily distracted.

Have just built a new RS5, completely transforming it from 7-speed Quattro to 6-speed RWD, and also converted it to a race supercharger for smoother acceleration.
Still won’t get to try it out until later today but I’m hopeful. Never even got into 6th gear in the previous car never mind 7th and it feels like such a waste.
I’m kinda determined to set a respectable time in muh Audi if possible :D

Gonna give the Merc a try and see if i cant beat my recently achieved 35.873....

Figured i wanted to try and eleminate some lbs by doing an engine swap, but only engine avaliable got 650hp....lucky for me you can add restrictor plates, putting it back to 582hp. Its still fairly heavy tho 3911 lbs.

Gave it a quick go...That car is not for this track! lol.... i think its more of a daytona sort of thing :)

Gave it a quick go...That car is not for this track! lol.... i think its more of a daytona sort of thing :)

Tried quite a lot of the cars in this division and i reckon the ones already at the top of this board are the only cars capable of hitting low 35s or better. Got a few more to try (including the Infiniti and caddy) but I'll be surprised if any of them do as well

Unfortunately I won't be able to even see my Xbox until next Tuesday :( Hopefully I have enough time on that day to post an updated lap as I've only been able to run two laps so far :lol:

Anyone mind telling me my time currently posted?

Unfortunately I won't be able to even see my Xbox until next Tuesday :( Hopefully I have enough time on that day to post an updated lap as I've only been able to run two laps so far :lol:

Anyone mind telling me my time currently posted?

I think you had somewhere around a 1:37.1xx

Edit: Correction 1:37.087 BMW M5 '09 showing on the board

Last edited:
I think you had somewhere around a 1:37.1xx
Sounds about right, just wanted to be sure before the weekend. Thanks!

I might actually be able to have a little go at it before I leave today. Hopefully.

Sounds about right, just wanted to be sure before the weekend. Thanks!

I might actually be able to have a little go at it before I leave today. Hopefully.

I looked to confirm and it is a 1:37.087 showing on the board

Tried quite a lot of the cars in this division and i reckon the ones already at the top of this board are the only cars capable of hitting low 35s or better. Got a few more to try (including the Infiniti and caddy) but I'll be surprised if any of them do as well
Im too are trying too work my way thro the list of cars, to see if i cant find that sweet little underdog that surprices. Thats what i like doing on forza.

Its simply too easy grapping whatever car got the number #1 spot on the leaderboards. And tuning is fun, im at the point where i feel i can take any car and make it easy driveable and still keep up. But making it perfect still requires lots of trial and error. So there's still lots to be learned :)

Im too are trying too work my way thro the list of cars, to see if i cant find that sweet little underdog that surprices. Thats what i like doing on forza.

Its simply too easy grapping whatever car got the number #1 spot on the leaderboards. And tuning is fun, im at the point where i feel i can take any car and make it easy driveable and still keep up. But making it perfect still requires lots of trial and error. So there's still lots to be learned :)
I always try to deliberately choose the underdog, or at least a car that I don't see at the top of the boards a lot. It makes it all the more interesting when you get one way up there. I'm with you on the tuning aspect. I end up using a base tune on all my cars, and depending on how the car feels with it, I'll either ditch the car or start fine-tuning it.

YES! Managed to get under 1:40 thanks to the Volvo tune by @RPM Bibblefish so I'm happy with that :)

Obviously I'm far from finished and there was clearly a LOT of room for improvement, I'm just glad to get under my first target since I was the only one "stuck on first base" :D

Yep I really enjoy doing that as well. I think i tried 5 or 6 of them so far. I did not know when I drive the IPL G that it was near the top of the board already just saw it sitting there with an oval tune and gave it a try.

For some reason though I seem to hit a wall after a couple of races on Laguna Seca. I moved to the caddy and got down to the lower 36s range right away but then started making mistakes. So many times I was up by 1/2-3/4 of a second and loose the tail near the end of the lap or run wide in the last corner and loose it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back